PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas

starmac
07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
The wife thinks I have bought too many guns this summer, (probably have).

The last three she said happy anniversary and NO MORE this month. lol last week she found a good deal on a cap and ball pistol and got it for me. lol
Yesterday I was out of town and a guy called with a screaming deal, but it had to be done before I could get back, sooo I had to call my wife and have her do the deal, and it worked. lol
She called this morning after I had gotten up (didn't wake me when she left for work) and asked if I had found my newest anniversary present. lol
Our anniversary is coming up, and since she has been such a trooper, I need to get her something special.

What gun would you guys recommend for someone that really doesn't shoot much?????

Love Life
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Hmmm. That is a hard one. You have to make sure it is gun she will enjoy and cherish for those times that she does actually shoot it.

I want to say a Grizzley 50 BMG, but that is like telling your friend he should get is wife a lathe for their anniversary.

To summarize: I can't help!!

OnceFired
07-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Does she *want* a gun, or does she want something else? :) What anniversary?

Once Fired

bikerbeans
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
How about a keg of unique, case of LP primers and a couple of 5 gal buckets of WWs?:bigsmyl2:

BB

john hayslip
07-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Whatever you get her I'd make sure to take her out to a really nice place and wine and dine her. She sounds like a real keeper. I make 50 years with mine in September. She just sorta shakes her head when I walk in with a weapon she hasn't seen before.

Rattlesnake Charlie
07-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Think jewelry.

Keep her happy with stuff she likes, and she will likely do the same for you.

BTW, you've been pretty lucky so far. How many guns this month for your anniversary?

John Guedry
07-24-2013, 05:07 PM
My wife and I celebrated our 50th on 6 july. We took a nice trip but no presents exchanged. We pretty much buy what we want/can afford anyway.

DCP
07-24-2013, 05:43 PM
The wife thinks I have bought too many guns this summer, (probably have).

The last three she said happy anniversary and NO MORE this month. lol last week she found a good deal on a cap and ball pistol and got it for me. lol
Yesterday I was out of town and a guy called with a screaming deal, but it had to be done before I could get back, sooo I had to call my wife and have her do the deal, and it worked. lol
She called this morning after I had gotten up (didn't wake me when she left for work) and asked if I had found my newest anniversary present. lol
Our anniversary is coming up, and since she has been such a trooper, I need to get her something special.

What gun would you guys recommend for someone that really doesn't shoot much?????

I can see through this ploy. Why, been there and done that.

I go to the range and shoot a buddies S&W MP22 and boy is it sweet. SOoooooo I go home and tell the wife how nice they are and how she would like it.

SO I take my mp22 out over a half a dozen times. Now WE go to the range and I let here shoot her old 22

She says, I want to try the one your shooting (MP22). I go to another shooting position. She is on her own. I hear shot after shot and she's even loading the mags up. Then I hear "I really like this" Then SHE yells to me "Isn't this the one you bought me. " I really like it" Well at least I get to clean it

You have been warned

starmac
07-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Does she *want* a gun, or does she want something else? :) What anniversary?

Once Fired

I am at a loss here, doesn't everybody want a new gun???? this is our 36 anniversary. I got her a 10/22 for our first, so she would get used to good things to come. lol

Bad Water Bill
07-25-2013, 01:31 AM
For OUR 36th anniversary my true love gave me 36 new guns.

Man hold on to your national treasure.

MaryB
07-25-2013, 01:41 AM
I suggest something of the gold persuasion....

DCM
07-25-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm prolly being a bit to serious as usual, but I think it would be in your best interest to get her something She really wants.
Sounds to me like she is really good about your hobby/addiction, definitely a keeper from what I am hearing.

Gliden07
07-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Henry "Golden Boy" lever action 22!! Solves 2 problems!! Its Gold and a Gun!! :kidding:

I suggest something of the gold persuasion....

starmac
07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
She already has a 22, I'm thinking more on the lines of a 45 colt. That way she could use the same ammo as my new cowboy. Now if a 357 lever popped up, that would match her pistola. HMMM

472x1B/A
07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
IF I did have the money to buy a NEW gun for my wife on our anniversary, she would be p*****. ( She already has 4 guns now.) Nothing beats flowers and hi $$$ jewelry.

starmac
07-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Buy them flowers and jewelry, and first thing you know they expect it every year, then when you show up with a new gun or fishing pole for them, she be mad. lol

Beagle333
07-25-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking... buy an assortment of 3 new guns and let her have her choice....
"Pick any one of these, Dear!!" (and keep the other 2 for yerself) :bigsmyl2:

starmac
07-25-2013, 10:11 PM
The sweet little wife read this thread, and got a kick out of it. She did mention that I maybe should listen to some of the guys. I guess maybe she does want a golden boy, Who woulda thunk it???

Bzcraig
07-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Take her to the jewelry store first, see if there is any interest. Next to the best gun store around see if there is any interest. Next take her to her favorite restaurant for her favorite meal. Then, tell her she can have whatever she wants cause brother you have not just a keeper, she is a trophy!

I have read in different threads like this how long many have been married and how y'all brag on your wives and I think it is awesome. Mine is a trophy as well and has been puttin up with my
caca for almost 30 years, thank God!

Gliden07
07-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Maybe I should show my Girlfriend this thread!!

The sweet little wife read this thread, and got a kick out of it. She did mention that I maybe should listen to some of the guys. I guess maybe she does want a golden boy, Who woulda thunk it???

gemihur
07-26-2013, 08:56 AM
pick up a contender for her.
they just love those Gothic lines!
...and you'll be able to add a barrel for every occasion to follow... gifting solutions for years to come!
[smilie=l:

gemihur
07-26-2013, 08:56 AM
pick up a contender for her.
they just love those Gothic lines!
...and you'll be able to add a barrel for every occasion to follow... gifting solutions for years to come!
[smilie=l:

375RUGER
07-26-2013, 09:04 AM
If it was my wife, it would be a single action revolver AND a lever gun in .45 Colt, or a Kimber Pro CDP II. + a nice evening out.

searcher4851
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Being as I'm divorced, any advice I might have should obviously be ignored anyhow. I'm just dumb enough to ASK her what she'd like.

Col4570
07-26-2013, 10:29 AM
As a special present you could buy some good shooting clothing for you to wear so that you look nice when you take her shooting.I think most ladies would appreciate a gift like that.Alternately a new Gun for you so that it gives her pleasure to see you enjoying it.Being thoughtfull for special occasions is a male trait.

fatelk
07-26-2013, 10:41 AM
To really impress my wife, I would need to figure out something she would really like to have, without asking her. It would not be anything gun-related, and it would need to be something I would not normally buy.

wv109323
07-26-2013, 01:12 PM
I don't think I would press my luck by buying her another gun at this point. She may use it on the target in front of her when you present it. I would stick to the non-traditional such as dinner,jewelry or other. By the way when is her birthday? You may get back on track by buying her another gun then. Proceed slowly.

Echo
07-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Whatever else you get her, get her some flowers. The girls melt when her guy shows up with flowers...

starmac
07-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Never been much on buying something that is dried up and dead in a few days. lol

mold maker
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
The petals may die in a few days, but the memory will live forever. Don't be cheap or insensitive. Add a gift card to the jewelry store to the flowers. That insures she gets to pick, and sets the limit. While getting the GC peruse the store and make gentle suggestions you think she might like.
I've only been married for 49 years, and the wife has never bought me a gun, but i'm being patient. She's never complained about my toys.

MtGun44
07-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Figure out how much of the "three gun sum" you can afford and get her a gift
certificate to a nice jewelry store. Of course, my wife would not really be to happy
about that, she's not much for jewelry, but is way off of the female mainstream on
that.

Bill

LuvMy1911
07-27-2013, 12:58 PM
If your wife has a good female friend you can talk to "off the record", try that. Her friend might know exactly what the kind of gift your wife would really like.

After all, most gals or guys will easily talk about subjects that might be awkward when discussing them with spouses.

Love Life
07-27-2013, 01:43 PM
I've put some more thought into this and I will stick with my original idea. Get her a big fifty. Tell her it's for bears and you love her so much and want her to be safe.

popper
07-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Gee, I am trying to get the wife to get a new car for the anniversary, she said she still wants flowers, fancy dinner & a show. Go figure.
I'll expand my answer. Years ago when toaster ovens came out I got one for some day you're supposed to give the wife a gift. Needless to say I ended up returning it. A couple weeks later, there was a new toaster oven on the counter that I didn't buy. there's 2 kinds, 1 will graciously accept a gift & 1 that wants to choose the gift and then chew you out cause you didn't surprise her. Good luck.

starmac
07-27-2013, 10:25 PM
I picked up an 8,000 pound warn winch this evening, maybe that will work. lol

10x
07-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Maybe I should show my Girlfriend this thread!!

Gonna tell your wife about your girlfriend????

TXGunNut
07-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Jewelry, flowers, dinner or maybe even a brick of .22 ammo.

starmac
07-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Give up a brick of my ammo in times like the present, are you losing it. LOL

TXGunNut
07-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Give up a brick of my ammo in times like the present, are you losing it. LOL

Terribly sorry, got a little carried away there. ;-)

fatelk
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Never been much on buying something that is dried up and dead in a few days. lol

I am sure with you there! To me, in my poor logical male brain, buying flowers is a big waste of money. I found out quickly, though, that my wife LIKES flowers, and beyond that I think she likes that I am occasionally willing to spend money on something that has absolutely no practical value, just for her. :)