PDA

View Full Version : 50 cal Kentuckey LR

Freightman
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Thinking I will get a Kit from Triditions I can get it for about $150 was wondering if that was a good price? I hope that the metal is in the white as I really want to rust blue it the old fasion way. I refinish stocks for others so the wood will be no problem.
Went from no BP rifles to three why is everything that is fun so addicting?

mooman76
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Freightman, That is about as good a price as you are going to get. Keep in mind that Traditions and CVA are the bottom of the barrel in BP. I'm not saying anything is wrong with them but they are not the best and I own a few myself. Yes the barrel will be in the white with these kits. I just did an old Kentucky .45 from kit. It was an old kit that never got done so it was 25 years old but I got it for $50.

Freightman
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I want it to look old, I have a Knight D.I.S.K ex. so I have a accurate rifle, also a zouave 58 which shoots fine after I figured it out. The Zouave shot great groups but 16" high at 100 yds and 7" at 200 but I think I have it corrected. Working to get the rifle to shoot correctly is as much fun as anything I do.

testhop
10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
frightman we can buy t.cs here used for anywhere from $50 to !50
i just bought a tc with scope for $100 it was hawken the craze for those darn inlines was on
now you didnt say if you was looking at caplock flint or inline my adviceto look around
and dickeron the price sidelocks are out of favor right now so you might get a good deal
and if you can wait till after hunting season it is the best timefor gun buying

Freightman
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
No one here even uses BP of any kind as there is no BP season in this part of TX. I am not in any hurry till after Christmas.