PDA

View Full Version : Darn Doctor

Johnch
07-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Well July 8 I had a sleep study
Only slept 1 hour before they woke me up and had me wear a C-PACK (sp)

Well yesterday I called that Doc to see why he hadn't filed the paperwork with Workman's Comp
So I could get a machine

Talked to a nurse
As the Doc was out
Turns out , he got a chance to take a 2+ week vacation , not going to be back till July 30
He is having a Inturn cover his office calls

My paperwork in in the pile of other peoples paperwork on his desk
My paperwork is all filled out , just needs him to sign it and send it in

But I guess he had other things to do

Lets see
Sign a name .....maybe 10 seconds ?

OH well
I have to be semi nice to him till I get this sorted out
THEN I tell him off , but good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH Well
John

sparky45
07-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Don't burn that bridge to soon John, could come back to bite you in the shorts.

RobS
07-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Got to love how people treat you.....you apparently are not alone if there is a pile of paper work though. It would be nice if they would at a minimum let you know they are heading out so you don't have to find out second hand.

Mk42gunner
07-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I see no reason this "doctor" needs anymore of your money. I would try to find another doctor that at least acts like he cares for his patients.

Robert

GT27
07-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Having to use a C-pap machine is unusual for a workman's comp case????It's a sleeping disorder usually caused from weight,or a restricted airway due to relaxation of the neck muscles and fat deposit there,usually,can be caused by other issues with the esophagus and throat too. Having to use one usually falls under your regular medical plan...Be patient with the machine,and Dr., your sleep time will be Euphoria,after you get used to it ,mine is now,makes the relations better with the Mrs. too,NO SNORING!!!!![smilie=l:!There is a lot of thought process that goes into the pressure ramp that each individual uses by the Dr. I wake not feeling tired the next day, from waking all night, gasping for air waking me up!I told the Dr. that I liked it so well now that I would fight for it,2 years using it now, but it takes time to get used to it,expect that,and don't give up on it,if your claustrophobic you will have a harder time getting used to it ! The REM sleep that you will finally get when you get used to it is most definitely worth the effort,and like I said your domestic pardner will like it as much as you do,a win-win endeavor!How do I know all of this?:kidding: I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!! I'm also a dedicated C-Pap user!:bigsmyl2: Good luck johnch! GT27

Ajax
07-20-2013, 02:23 PM
My CPAP literally changed and saved my life. I was working on navy flight decks dozing off if i got still, and falling sleep driving to and from work. The difference is night and day i promise you. I would kill over my CPAP now.

Andy

DLCTEX
07-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Loss of lung function is CPAP, not just sleeping disorder, and can be work related.IIRC

MT Gianni
07-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Remember how long it takes to sign things when you go to pay the bill.

btroj
07-20-2013, 09:54 PM
John, don't forget that your paperwork is in a pile with dozens of other people's paperwork.
Having dealt with medical insurance as a pharmacist I know what he is up against. It may well not be as simple as just a signature.

Springfield
07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Even Doctor's need a vacation once in a while. For all we know he spent the 2 days before he left doing paperwork so he would only be 20 people behind instead of 50.

doctorggg
07-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't burn my bridge too soon. I had to go back 3 times for pressure adjustments and a mask change. Now I'm on a 1 year recall. I have been wearing mine since 5/23/13 and haven't made it through a whole night yet.
I have more energy than I've had in a long time.
I'm sorry about your situation. But sometimes things don't go as smoothly as we would like. My mask was ordered on 4/17 and I was told 3 days for delivery. After multiple phone calls between the Sleep Center and the Equipment Distributor I finally got my mask on 5/23. lasiness was the culprit from the distributor. It really p*ssed me off. Good luck.

DCM
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
John keep in mind that workers comp claims are open till 10 Yrs? after your last RELATED medical visit.
I would try to keep that doctor on your side as long as possible.
I had a work comp claim with on of my fingers that the insurance company did not want to pay for more work on a few years later, my doctor told them it was caused directly by the initial injury so they had to pay for more work on the finger and more lost wages due to the work.

Johnch
07-21-2013, 10:06 PM
John keep in mind that workers comp claims are open till 10 Yrs? after your last RELATED medical visit.
I would try to keep that doctor on your side as long as possible.
I had a work comp claim with on of my fingers that the insurance company did not want to pay for more work on a few years later, my doctor told them it was caused directly by the initial injury so they had to pay for more work on the finger and more lost wages due to the work.

You are probely right
It just makes me mad to be waiting AGAIN for stuff

John

mold maker
07-22-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm sure the Dr. didn't just leave on an unscheduled vacation, because you had papers waiting. Most Drs. work ungodly hrs to accommodate their patients, but they can't be there 7/24 for everybody.
Hope when you get used to your unit, it will give you the relief, my wifes has. She wouldn't be with us today without it.

gofastman
07-23-2013, 10:01 AM
You are probely right
It just makes me mad to be waiting AGAIN for stuff

John
Its worth the wait.

here is my unsolicited advice:
-find a mask that works for you, have tried many and the best I have found is the Mirage Micro.
-use distilled water in the humidifier.
-BE PATIENT! C-PAP takes time to get used to, but it will make you live a better, longer life. I mean that literally, untreated Obstructive Sleap Apnea (OSA) can cause all kinds of health problems and can kill

If I may ask, do you know what pressure you are running yet?

Johnch
07-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Its worth the wait.

here is my unsolicited advice:
-find a mask that works for you, have tried many and the best I have found is the Mirage Micro.
-use distilled water in the humidifier.
-BE PATIENT! C-PAP takes time to get used to, but it will make you live a better, longer life. I mean that literally, untreated Obstructive Sleap Apnea (OSA) can cause all kinds of health problems and can kill

If I may ask, do you know what pressure you are running yet?

Not sure of the pressure
As I have to wait till July 30 for the Doc to sign his name and send the form to WorkMan's Comp
Then wait for WorkMan's Comp to OK it

Not sure how long all the steps will take

John

wallenba
07-23-2013, 12:59 PM
My mail man delivered my federal income tax refund check to my neighbors house in 2005. It was the same day they were leaving for a two week vacation in Florida. Instead of putting it in my mail box, they decided it would be safer to keep it and hand deliver it when they got home because I worked afternoon shift. How considerate.

P.S. That C-PAP will change your life for the better, mine did. It takes a bit of getting used to, but will soon feel normal.

TreeKiller
07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
I have to do another sleep study on 7/30. Last one was 10+ years ago. Would not sleep without mine. Gave up dry camping so that I have electricity to run it when I got my first one. Second one will run on 12V so can dry camp now.

AricTheRed
07-23-2013, 02:30 PM
"Lets see
Sign a name .....maybe 10 seconds ?"

For everything else there's MasterCard!

mold maker
07-23-2013, 02:59 PM
O care will out wait the grim reaper if possible.
They aren't that expensive. The benefit of using it while waiting on the red tape might be worth it. You can never predict how much red tape will be involved. The online sellers will beat your door off the hinges if you have a script, and ins or medicare-cade.

bob208
07-24-2013, 06:35 AM
i know how you feel. but you are dealing with gov. and they love paper work.