PDA

View Full Version : My Heart is Breaking

nhrifle
07-20-2013, 12:03 AM
I am having a hard time dealing with the losses here. In the short time I have been a member, this forum has become family to me. The loss of Bodine's niece has me at tears. I have seen many threads in recent times about sons, daughters, and family members who are lost before their time and to this point I have stayed silent. I just do not possess the words to help and comfort anyone during such a time of loss. I wish I did. I wish I could turn back the clock a few days and give you all a bit more time with loved ones. I am sorry to a depth I cannot express. Please know that my tears are falling with yours.

WILCO
07-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Bad news and hard times are always tough to hear or read of. Showing strength and kindness to those afflicted and offering words of comfort or encouragement, goes a great distance in the healing process. Your post shows that you're human and that you care. Thanks for sharing.

snuffy
07-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote; I just do not possess the words to help and comfort anyone during such a time of loss. I wish I did. Quote

You just did. I too feel I can't say the right thing at the times people are grieving. So I say nothing. But I do lift them up in prayer.

Adam10mm
07-20-2013, 01:06 AM
This was a co-worker's grandson that died. Have no clue what to say to him.

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/530515/Calumet-boy-dies-after-fall-from-window.html?nav=5006

CALUMET - A Calumet toddler died Friday from injuries sustained in a fall from a second-story window Thursday night.

The 21-month-old boy, Maison Ryan Arthur Williams, had been about to watch a movie with his mother at their home on Sixth Street, said Calumet Police Chief David Outinen. She went downstairs briefly to take dinner out of the oven. Within minutes, neighbors notified her the baby had fallen from the window.

"The assumption is he crawled on the back of the couch, fell against the screen, and the baby and the screen both fell out," Outinen said.

A couple of volunteer firemen and an off-duty emergency medical technician were the first on-scene and tended to the baby. Mercy Ambulance transferred the baby to Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital.

The baby was airlifted Thursday night to the Milwaukee Children's Hospital in Wisconsin, where he died at approximately 3:30 p.m. Friday.

Calumet police are continuing to investigate. Outinen said he doesn't anticipate there will be any action in the case.

"We've still got to do our process, but I don't suspect anything more will come out of it," he said.

I didn't know the child's mother personally, but heard nothing but wonderful things about her. She had complications after her delivery and had to have a hysterectomy. Not only is her child dead, she can't have any more of her own. Something as simple as a couch against a window and a life is ended. My daughter is just over two years old and I can't imagine losing her. Parents aren't "supposed" to bury their children.

JeffinNZ
07-20-2013, 06:03 AM
I will never forget the sight of my brother carrying a little white coffin all on his own. Broke my heart 17 years ago and he is not the same man now. And only two years ago the quake took my friend Michael and left his wife with four kids to raise.

Sometimes you don't need to say anything. I hug. An arm around the shoulders. A firm handshake. A meal ready to serve. Turn up and mow the lawn. That sort of thing just to let them know you are thinking of them.

Blacksmith
07-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Just saying "I am thinking of you." or "You are in my prayers." can be enough to ease the grief. To often we don't say it because we think it is not enough. You don't need to eliminate all their pain, it can't be eliminated, but almost any gesture no matter how small will help a little.