PDA

View Full Version : Ballisti-Cast?

Powersgt
07-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Has anyone talked the gentlemen at Ballisti-cast Lately? I've made several efforts to call since July 5th and no one answers.

redrockant
07-19-2013, 07:21 PM
In the same boat

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-19-2013, 08:04 PM
See post 198 (posted 6-18-13)
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?145899-Ballisti-Cast-Buyer-s-Choice-Group-Buy/page10

It explains why they stopped taking mold orders at that time.
I have no idea if they have started taking orders yet.
I got a 3 cav. mold for my 500S&W in Dec. 2012.
It's an awesome mold, well worth the wait.
Jon

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/ballisticast143650calC.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/JonB_in_Glencoe/media/ballisticast143650calC.jpg.html)

Powersgt
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes they make great molds but I am in need of repair parts for my MKII Auto caster and also wanted to talk to them about doing some upgrades on this commercial machine.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

happy7
07-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Try both numbers on the website, and just keep trying, and also try email. They are busy, but they sometimes answer. I talked to them several weeks ago, but also got no answer a few times.

finishman2000
07-20-2013, 09:42 AM
not easy to get hold of for sure. they will get back to you. I'm 3 months into a 6 month wait for a ten cavity 9mm mold. I'm sure it will be worth the price and the wait.

nrdewalt
07-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Just called Derek's number and his voicemail said himself along with a bunch of the staff were locked out of the building and have since left the company. Anybody have idea what went on?

happy7
07-23-2013, 02:03 PM
nrdewalt's message alarmed me so I also called Dereks number. It says the Derek and Mike Sands were locked out of the building and that we should direct our calls to Bill Sands. That number goes to voice mail.

Update: I left a message for Bill Sands, the father, and he called me back. He is taking things over. He has been the owner all along and his son Mike was running the business. Bill got concerned that customers were not getting the service they should and has now taken things over personally and plans to get the business up and running to full capacity.

armedmoose
07-23-2013, 03:20 PM
nrdewalt's message alarmed me so I also called Dereks number. It says the Derek and Mike Sands were locked out of the building and that we should direct our calls to Bill Sands. That number goes to voice mail.

Update: I left a message for Bill Sands, the father, and he called me back. He is taking things over. He has been the owner all along and his son Mike was running the business. Bill got concerned that customers were not getting the service they should and has now taken things over personally and plans to get the business up and running to full capacity.

Thanks for the update.. I am interested in a Mark X, I hope Ballisti-cast gets up to full capacity soon.

Moonman
07-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Looks like a new note on the website, Taking orders for the Commercial Casting machine for September.

shootinfox2
07-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Have had a Mark X on order since September. No info since June.

Fathersalt
07-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I have been on list for Mark X a year or so also.

ssnow
07-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I spoke with Mr. Bill Sand today. Obviously, this is a rather difficult situation for them, and for everyone involved.

Mr. Sand intends for Ballisti-Cast to continue and be successful. He intends to continue here at CastBoolits as well, and will join our group here when he has a chance to see where everything stands. It is going to take a little time to go through the records, and determine what orders have been filled and what all is outstanding. He intends to be producing molds within the next 10 days or so, and is continuing production of casting machines at this moment.

He asks that anyone who has an issue or outstanding order give him a call, 701-352-1164 or E-mail at sales@ballisticast.com

finishman2000
07-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I just spoke to Mr. Sands and sent him a copy of my invoice for my mold and handle. I have to admit I'll a little nervous that I'm paid in full at $520. I thought it was strange that they wanted payment in full when on their site it said 50% was the policy. I will post back how this plays out for me.

finishman2000
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
I spoke again the Mr. Sands and will not go into details on what was said. I will say that others on the fence about sending them money at this time......I say you should wait and see what happens. I was not left warm and fuzzy!

KTM400
07-30-2013, 04:19 PM
I sent an email July 26, I will wait and see how long or if I ever get a response.

finishman2000
07-30-2013, 04:26 PM
if you have a question, CALL. He is swamped and I feel over his head.

Love Life
07-30-2013, 05:11 PM
I hope he can bring it all together. I have been eyeballing the Ballisticast mould catalogs for awhile now, and have just been waiting for them to stabilize.

msand
08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Happy7's comment on 7-23-13 worries us. We, Mike Sand and Derek Roppel along with the other 5 employees of Sand Fabrication (Ballisti-Cast) were locked out by Bill Sand on July 2, 2013. Bill Sand backed out of a verbal commitment to transfer control of the company to us.

We have made a lot of friends in the bullet casting community, and hope to preserve those relationships.

Thank you,

Mike Sand
Derek Roppel

ssnow
08-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi Mike, it's nice to see you back on the board. I really hate to see what has happened here for your and Derek's sake. It's sad to see a rift in a family, and regrettable to see a this in a company that has made some really nice strides in producing a new and innovative product.

It's also sad to see it played out in public like this....but there it is, and there is not much to be done for it now.

It really stinks for me personally as well, as I have a lot on the line with Ballisti-Cast, or at least, it's a lot to me. I just spoke to Mr. Bill Sand earlier, and he assures me that he has every intention of honoring Ballisti-Cast's commitments to its customers. But it's obviously going to be a long and difficult road for him to do so without you guys.

I was really hoping a reconciliation could be made that was agreeable to all parties. But I don't know, these things can be....difficult at best.....and perhaps impossible.

Anyway, here is wishing for all the best to You and Derek, and you're both welcome to contact me at any time if you wish. I find myself wishing the situation could be salvaged, you've both worked so hard to get to this point, and for it to end this way is just a bad situation all the way around.

Hardcast416taylor
08-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Just recieved my mold 2 days ago from badgeredd that honchoed the 7mm Thor group from B-C company. It was obviously made by someone that isn`t comfortable with mold making. This is the first mold ,EVER, that I bought new that was rusted on the inside of the mold blocks. This is beside the fact that the mold was finally sent after many excuses about the delay of 10 months past delivery due date, or couldn`t seem to get it figured out about the different size molds ordered, had sprue plate problems and a lack of any preservative oils on the block and then these were shipped to Edd to distribute to we the buyers in the GB! I can probably use 0000 steel wool and light oil to clean the rusty surfaces on my mold. I won`t send this mold back to B-C for repair work as I can`t imagine the wait time for it considering the wait time just to get it. So, YES I won`t be considering ordering any further molds from B-C due to the manner this purchase went.Robert

finishman2000
08-20-2013, 10:19 AM
just tried calling again since i'm at 5 1/2 months of waiting for my mold.
the mailbox is full.

ETA Bill just called back (thank you caller ID), He sounded better and seems to working through his pile. Was told that they are making some molds today and that they will be perfect before they are shipped. He was also honest to say that my 10 cavity will be a challenge. I told him I'll check back in 2 weeks.

jethunter
08-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I was wondering how long they could go with their problems before something had to change. No product going out means no money coming in and the only people who can keep running at a loss is the government.

I've been holding off buying a casting machine and a sizer from them for the simple reason they didn't have any for sale. Hope they can get it turned around soon.

Powersgt
12-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Update - seen this tonight on there web site a news update:

"New Management"

Posted on November 7, 2013

"Ballisti-cast is now under new management. We are working with a top-notch machine shop to get caught up on past orders as well as get a start on new orders. If you have any questions regarding past orders, past order fulfillment or new orders, email sales@ballisti-cast.com or call Bill Sand @ 701.352.1164"

finishman2000
12-28-2013, 06:20 AM
I have been calling Bill every 2 weeks or so asking when my ten cavity would be finished. He has been up front as far as what they were working on at that time. Mostly trying to get machines out. They are now working on getting the backordered molds done. I have been told that 10 cav block has been cut, now just in line for the rest to be done. I've been told another week or two and I should have it. I'm hoping that is true. What else can I do? I've waited for something like 10 months at this point.

GabbyM
12-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Have been waiting since 5/24/2012 on a $409.00 order for molds.
That’s a long time for them to have my money. I'll just cross my fingers.

Never did get the AR15 lower and mags from Colby Jack a few years ago. Think he may be dead.

finishman2000
12-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Fax Bill a copy of your invoice then call.

Powersgt
12-28-2013, 01:26 PM
I sent an email last night asking about auto caster, I'm not on the hook for anything but I have an older machine that can use a couple parts.

PalmettoShooter
12-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I called to order some custom molds a few weeks ago and someone (I think Bill) put me straight over to an engineer at a company they are outsourcing mold production to. The engineer there was extremely helpful and was happy to email back and forth until the mold design was to my specs. Word was it would take about 2 weeks, but I understand xmas etc adds another week on everything. They did not ask for any $$ upfront. I emailed the engineer today asking about any idea on a time frame (I'm on a tight schedule). I'll post a response to this thread when I hear something back.

finishman2000
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Well boys and girls I'm close to getting my mold. Bill surprised me today with a pic of my freshly machine 10 cavity. Should be done and shipped by the end of the week.

bwgdog
01-06-2014, 08:10 PM
PS-Could you tell us the name of the company that the molds are being outsourced to ? tia

hammerhead357
01-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Why are there no vertical vent lines on that mould.. H & G always had them... May not cast well with out them...

GLL
01-08-2014, 03:26 PM
hammerhead357:

I have eight 4-cavity Ballisti-Cast molds (not recent vintage). Interestingly some have the vertical lines and some do not ! I wondered about it as well but have not noticed any venting problems with those that do not. I would still prefer they all included the vertical vent lines !

Ballisti-Cast 926
http://www.fototime.com/9CE350A54A4DAFA/medium800.jpg

Ballisti-Cast 643
http://www.fototime.com/1E185946BE4F652/orig.jpg

Jerry

frank505
01-08-2014, 03:52 PM
That #926 is a real shooter at long range, I've only got a single cavity, hope they get to making molds. I sure would like a two or four cavity...................................

stiles
01-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Ballisti-cast's web site said something to the effect that vertical vent lines were only needed on longer boolits. That's what I recall, I could be wrong.

PWS
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Well boys and girls I'm close to getting my mold. Bill surprised me today with a pic of my freshly machine 10 cavity. Should be done and shipped by the end of the week.

Glad to see that! I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys, paid in Feb '13 for a 4cav hand cast. Bill posted me a note three weeks ago that the blocks were cut so I guess it back to waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Sure wish their business practices were as good as their molds.

hammerhead357
01-11-2014, 09:04 PM
GLL I prefer the moulds to have the vertical vent lines. So how does the one with out them cast.. I just think that the mould vents better with the vertical lines. But that's just my opinion.. By the way those are good looking moulds.

PWS
02-07-2014, 07:37 PM
They do exist!! This BC #890 finally showed up on Monday and has already proven to be a humdinger! I hope Bill and BC continues to improve delivery times and quality because they can and do produce about as nice a mold as you'll find.

454gene
02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Nice looking mold, how long did you wait for it? Glad you have something for the range lead I traded you!

PWS
02-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Hi Gene, I got the mold 53 weeks after paying the invoice.

Was it worth the wait? Dunno. Maybe in 20years I'll look at it as a good buy. I do know that it's already a very user friendly mold and has produced 1" groups at 25yards from two different .357s.

finishman2000
02-11-2014, 06:41 AM
I got my 10 cav mold but it had to go back because the sprue holes were not centered in the cavities (not even close). I think they used an old one that was found in an old box or something. Now they are making one that will hopefully complete this transaction. I'm around 47 weeks at this point.

Irascible
02-12-2014, 12:24 PM
It's now 13 months since I paid in full for my 4 cavity mould. Not a word since. No answeres to my E mails.

happy7
02-12-2014, 01:23 PM
I got my mold a while back. They are busy, but they are making good on old orders. I would try calling.

Love Life
02-15-2014, 02:49 AM
^^That is good to hear!! I've been wanting to get one of their moulds for awhile now.

catboat
03-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I received a direct email today from Bill Sand of Ballisti-cast. I have one of their 4-cavity 634 molds (45-230 RN), and love it. At the time of ordering (1-2 years ago??) I was curious if they would run a special on the HG68 / BC 668 mold (452-200 grain SWC). I asked him to keep me posted. This is the email I received today:

Hello,

We have undergone some major management/facility changes.

We are making some 4 cav 668's in the next 2 weeks if you are interested.

Bill Sand
Ballisti-cast

701-352-1164

Sound like progess is being made. Let's all hang tough, be patient, and let the man respond. If anyone thinks that running a small business in today's economic climate is easy, then by all means, start up your own company. Good luck to Bill Sand with his new chapter in business.

fishboy747
03-08-2014, 05:55 PM
I talked to Bill thursday and my sizer was going out that day cant wait to get it and play touchy feely and size 2000 bullets that are waiting.