PDA

View Full Version : Loss of a Castboolits Family Member

Boerrancher
07-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet if it has mods please feel free to delete this.

I received a call this morning that Bob Krack had passed away a few weeks a go. I had last heard from Bob about a month ago and he told me that he had stage 4 cancer. He ask me to do a couple of favors for him which I was more than glad to do. Bob was definitely a member do the COB club, but had a heart of gold once you got to know him. I know for my part he will sorely be missed both here on the forum and as a personal friend.

I was told by his family that he was up walking, talking, and smiling up until just a few hours before he passed and did not have to suffer for days and weeks confined to a bed. He was surrounded by his family at home when he passed, and got to spend the last few days of his years visiting with his children and grand children. I was told they even were able to get a family portrait done. Bob was just a few weeks shy of 70 years upon this earth.

For Bob I offer this old family blessing:

May the good earth be soft under you
when you rest upon it,
and may it rest easy over you when,
at the last, you lay out under it,
And may it rest so lightly over you
that your soul may be out
from under it quickly,
and up, and off,
And be on its way to God.

fishhawk
07-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Awwww nuts.......another one gone that was a good man. RIP Bob.....

WILCO
07-19-2013, 02:49 PM
It always hurts to read of such news. Rest in peace Bob.

TenTea
07-19-2013, 02:49 PM
May the blessings be...

DeanWinchester
07-19-2013, 03:02 PM
WHAT!!???
NO!

...I talked to the guy not tooo long ago in PM. He was an incredible guy.

I remember the first time I met him here. We traded molds and he ended up sending me the wrong one. He was all upset and going on and on and I just sent it back to him. Not a big deal. We had a great round of laughs over that. He tried like heck to pay me for shipping it, I wouldn't hear of it.
I woke up this morning in a bad mood. My new contender barrel broke. and now a REAL tragedy. This day just sucks.

Where ever you head off to next Bob, I will miss you. I never got to meet you face to face, but I considered you a friend and was glad to have met you here. I always enjoyed trading messages. I hope it's peaceful, sunny, cool and dry wherever you are. With a little luck I'll see you on the other side.

God be with his family.

Trey45
07-19-2013, 03:14 PM
This is indeed sad news. I liked Bob, and I can't cay that about too many.

oneokie
07-19-2013, 03:26 PM
My condolences and prayers for the family in their time of loss.
Did several deals with Bob and he was a man of his word.

RIP

square butte
07-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Bob - Hope I see you on the other side. Rest in peace. God bless those left behind.

Blacksmith
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Our town is diminished by his passing. RIP Bob.

MtGun44
07-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear this. He was a good guy.

Bill

runfiverun
07-19-2013, 06:59 PM
OH My.
I have been trading P.M's back and forth with him about "stuff" for a couple of years now.
he said he had been feeling poorly, and I knew he didn't cast anymore but never pried into why.
a couple of weeks back he quit responding.

I'm deeply saddened by this.

mroliver77
07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I remember the topic "Bob Krack's Balls" a few years ago. Bob was selling RB I think it was about. I always snickered when I thought of it. Yep, another good one gone.
J

waksupi
07-19-2013, 07:34 PM
A sad loss to our town.

Artful
07-19-2013, 07:39 PM
My prayers to Bob's friends and family. RIP Bob

Hamish
07-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Wonderful posts, you could tell he was one of the good guy's, and possibly one of the coolest avatars on the planet.

DeanWinchester
07-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Who else has a cool story about Bob?
Just seems to me a funny or cool story is a much better way to celebrate a guys life than woes and lamentations over his passing.

Circuit Rider
07-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Just corresponded with him a few times by PM, would liked to have known him better. Very likable, upbeat. My prayers to his family. CR

Recluse
07-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Bob was one of my "beta readers" for Above Reproach, and offered a suggestion to a scene in the book that I instantly incorporated.

I remember a deal Bob was doing several years ago in which some items didn't make it out as quickly as he'd hoped. We had the usual suspects form the usual reputation lynch mob with their usual diarrhea of the mouth maligning Bob as a man, gun-owner and just about anything else.

That was the closest I think I've come to being banned here because of a few of my particularly targeted posts and responses to these usual troublemakers.

Turns out that Bob was not at fault on the deal and was quietly busting his butt behind the scenes to make good on the deal--while battling an illness of some sort or the other. I suspect he was dealing with beginning of what finally ended his life too soon.

Waksupi, Trey, Fishhawk, RunFiveRun and MtGunn44 in particular stood up for Bob during that time and I'll forever be grateful to them for doing so.

We lost a good man in our community, but in doing so, I'm once again reminded of other very good men here of whom I'm proud to be in their company.

That will always be Bob's legacy for me.

:coffee:

TXGunNut
07-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Never got to know him but I'll miss his posts. Another good man gone.

tomme boy
07-19-2013, 09:48 PM
He was one of the very first on my friends list here. I traded some brass for lead with him. I completely forgot about it. About 3 weeks later, he told me he was having some issues and he was sorry but he had a package on its way. He said he felt very sorry and instead of lead, he sent me the same amount in 50/50 solder. I told him I could not accept it, but he would not let me pay him the difference.

He will be missed.

sparky45
07-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Bob was also my first friend on this forum. Traded RB molds with him and I felt he was a friend on the forum and a friend if I ever needed his help. God rest his soul.

swheeler
07-20-2013, 12:41 AM
This is sad news indeed, RIP Bob.

smokeywolf
07-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Bob was one of the first to befriend me on this forum. We PMed back and forth a couple of times. I'm extremely saddened to lose him. Via con Dios Bob.

smokeywolf

gray wolf
07-20-2013, 09:20 AM
I to am saddened to hear this, rest in piece my friend.

Boerrancher
07-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Ia
Am glad to see that Bob had such an impact on so many folks other than myself. He was one of the good guys for sure.

Joe

alamogunr
07-20-2013, 10:26 AM
So sorry to hear that. He was the one and only to sign up as my friend. I didn't even know it for a long time. Not sure why he did since we had not corresponded by PM or otherwise. I must have said something that touched him in some way. After discovering the friend thing, I tried to read his posts as often as I could. Obviously, he will be missed by many here and just as obviously his family will mourn his passing. They are in my prayers.

firefly1957
07-20-2013, 10:43 PM
My condolences and prayers for the family in their time of loss.

Boz330
07-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Sorry to hear this Bob was also one of the first to friend me. Rest in peace friend.

Bob

jlchucker
07-24-2013, 09:32 AM
RIP Bob, and condolences to your family.

woody1
07-24-2013, 09:32 AM
I remember the topic "Bob Krack's Balls" a few years ago. Bob was selling RB I think it was about. I always snickered when I thought of it. Yep, another good one gone.
J

I'm the one who started the topic "Bob Krack's Balls" as he was selling .311 RB's and the funds were going to this site. He was one of the good guys for sure. Regards, Woody

mroliver77
07-24-2013, 11:03 AM
We sure got a kick out of it woody! lol We need more of the good ones and less of the trouble makers
J

I'm the one who started the topic "Bob Krack's Balls" as he was selling .311 RB's and the funds were going to this site. He was one of the good guys for sure. Regards, Woody

Dean D.
07-24-2013, 12:48 PM
I just saw this thread and I am deeply saddened to hear of Bob's passing. I didn't know he had been ill. Rest in Peace Bob. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

gbrown
07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
I, too, just saw this. Stunned. Bob befriended me early on and we used to talk via cell phone up until a couple of months ago. Then, I couldn't reach him. Wondered what was going on. A really great person who kept going, no matter how badly it seemed to get. Had great plans for the future. Saddened that we lost such a good person. He was always helpful to newbies and very patient with them. We all suffered a great loss with the passing of this one.

Lloyd Smale
07-25-2013, 06:44 AM
prayers said for him and his family. He seemed like a nice guy.

DLCTEX
07-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Bob, you will be missed. Prayers sent for the family.

Down South
07-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Dang, just saw this. I hate to hear of it. I've read many of his posts. RIP Bob.

nagantguy
07-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Did not know Bob, sounds like my loss. The pack will be weaker with out him. He must have been one stand up guy. Prayers sent for his friends and kin.

94Doug
07-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I too am sorry to read this....I believe I have a mould that I bought from Bob, I'll have to check that out and cast up a few. RIP Bob.

Doug

obssd1958
07-26-2013, 03:01 AM
I bought some of the first roundballs that Bob was selling. It was cheaper to buy from him than cast my own, so I asked him why he was selling them so cheap? He said he was having so much fun casting them that he couldn't stop, and he had to get rid of them somehow!
I used them in my Lithgow No1 Mk111, over 8gr of unique, to wow all the other participants in the team rifle shoot at NCBS 2011 or 2010. Good times.

I found a post that Bob made in the "Handles and avatars" thread, years ago, and while I'll post a link to it at the bottom of this post, I copied it so it could be read here. He said:

I started with screen name "VillageIdjit" hoping to show some humility (after years of using the screen name of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" for the same reason).

After watching a little rebel rousing and being involved in some "community service" here decided to use my real name. Charles Robert Krack - going by Bob as known by my family.

Dad was Charles Francis Krack and he was adamnant about not having a "JR" so I ended up with a different middle name. Dad's Uncle Charlie, and Dad's oldest brother , Uncle Robert, a WWII fatality, might have had some bearing also.

A feller here sent me a cash payment of $10 and enclosed in a card, I assume to disguise its contents, depicting the bald eagle which I really liked. I scanned it, cropped it and uploaded it as my avatar. Durned proud of it, too!

And yes, this village is my home now.

Bob

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?72354-Explain-your-avatar-and-name&p=773617&viewfull=1#post773617

Rest in peace, Bob........

Don

Ajax
07-26-2013, 05:33 AM
I am saddened to see Bobs passing. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Andy

Firebricker
07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Just caught this thread I'm sorry to hear this I didn't have any personal interactions with Bob but enjoyed his he will be missed. FB