PDA

View Full Version : More help needed

Bad Water Bill
07-12-2013, 09:08 PM
I need to find some folks with more brain power than I have.

My town passed a new AWB Tuesday and no resident even knew the village was considering such a move.

I am working with the top person in the state to try and stop their actions. I have just received this message.

"Check to see if they violated village by-laws about giving the public notice of an ordinance like this."

I do not have a clue how to do this.

Yes I really am a puter ignoramis.

missionary5155
07-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Good evening
See if you can russle up some e -mail contacts of these "fine leaders".
Are these elected officials ? How difficult is a petition to Re/call ?
Mike in Peru

WILCO
07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Here's some links B.B.W:

From this website:

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/cis/cistwn/twnidx.htm

"Where do I get my town’s by-laws?

Call your town hall and ask the clerk’s office.

Where do I get my town’s charter?

Ask the clerk’s office or check your town’s website."

More sites:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-bylaws.htm#didyouknowout

http://biztaxlaw.about.com/od/stateandlocalinformatoin/qt/localordinances.htm

knifemaker
07-12-2013, 10:17 PM
If they have a meeting to pass that new ordance, you need to get word out and have that meeting packed to voice your objections to any new AWB ordance in hopes they fear being voted out next election time. It is easier to stop it now, then to try to repeal it after they pass it.
Then at the next city election, get a grass roots movement to replace any of the city fathers that bought the AWB up and vote in someone else.

Bad Water Bill
07-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks for your help folks.

Now the powers at Illinoiscarry are reviewing village by laws AND the boilerplated Bloomberg AWB papers.

leeggen
07-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Forgive my ignorance--- What is an AWB ord.??

Edit Thanks guys was just brain cramped at the abrev.s used here at times.
CD

wv109323
07-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Are you sure that the law was "passed"? Is the town incorporated? Usually a bill needs to be read two or three times along with public comments before the city council votes on the bill. I am sure the city charter spells out how a bill is passed and becomes law. The minutes of town council meetings should be available to the public.
If it was a home owners association it could be different.

wv109323
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Assault Weapons Ban. A law prohibiting Assault Weapons ( by a definition) is some form or fashion.

Bad Water Bill
07-12-2013, 10:36 PM
AWB is Bloombergs favorite assault weapons ban. All 5 pages of it.

With the help of a member of Illinoiscarry we copied the village bylaws and the bill that was passed.

The complete thing is now in the hands of folks with way more knowledge and power than I will ever have.

Yes the folks that wrote the law.:bigsmyl2:

Down South
07-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Good luck Bill. I hope it goes well.

Bad Water Bill
07-12-2013, 11:14 PM
i think it is time to retire ALL of our village officials.:evil:

Kraschenbirn
07-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Bill...

It may also be possible to go after your village board for violation of the Illinois Open Meetings Act. Under the act, ALL meetings of public officials where public business is to be discussed or voted upon must be announced, by publication, 48 hours (I think?) in advance and an agenda outline published for public review at the same time. This applies to ALL public bodies...elected or appointed...with the authority to spend public money.

Our local Head Librarian just resigned (reportedly just before a vote to fire her was to be taken) over a meeting of the public library board that was held after closing time of the library...doors were locked at 9 PM denying public access to the meeting which was NOT announced in advance.

Bill

leeggen
07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Hey Bill, take that mule to town with a sign hanging on his rear parts saying: raise tail to see our city officals!!
CD in TN

Bad Water Bill
07-12-2013, 11:48 PM
The ONE person I would NOT want to get mad is the lady that has personally lead us thru all of this fight.

Molly B was more than ticked about this move.

She and her friends are reviewing just what our options are (she has all of the paperwork now) both locally and thru the state.

I would rather face 8 lions in a locked cage than have to face her when she is mad.

Bad Water Bill
07-13-2013, 12:07 AM
CD in TN

Dang nab t. Nou ya dun id. Iffin ther b 1 thing Girty hats iz b in kalld a he. She jist lefd here heddin fer ur plaz wit fire n her eyz.:bigsmyl2:

Kraschenbirn I am sure that Molly and crew will be looking at everything both state,county and village wide. Molly and her friends (plenty lawyers AND big name politicians) will do the big work and I will be asking our members at ILLINOISCASTERS for help at what ever meeting Molly says.

tomme boy
07-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I thought that was addressed in your new carry law that was passed. They were encouraged to pass the AWB before the new carry law was passed. But the new carry law voided all AWB. Or am I having a CRS moment?

Bad Water Bill
07-13-2013, 12:29 AM
IANAL but I thought only Home rule communities were permitted 10 days AFTER the law was passed to add AWB to their community rules.

That is why I went to another community that night to help defeat their AWB. Yes they are H R. My village is only incorporated.

From reports there were only 20 folks at our meeting. The 20 of us could just as easily have ben in town that night if anyone had been made aware of the villages move.

Yes If Molly says MARCH I am going to call All of the troops to pack the hall with standing room only and everyone wearing either IGOLD or N R A stuff.

Duckiller
07-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Bill any City Council that sneaks in a vote on such an issue NEEDS to be recalled or voted out of office at the next election. The Council knew how people would react if they knew such a law was being considered and they hid it. Its not my town and its not my state but I would have no dealings with any councilman or mayor that had anything to do with passing this law, EVER.!

leeggen
07-16-2013, 07:28 PM
I appoligize to you and Girty. Kinda hard to distingush gender by her pic.
Hope all gets straighten out, we had a couple of sneeks to pass some bs laws in our county. Not pertaining to gun laws, just taxes. Disn't take long for the people to get them out of office and the laws were removed.
Good luck,
CD in TN.

starmac
07-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Just lead girtie around town with a sign that claims the politicians she leaves behind will be shoveled up sometime, at a later date, maybe.

Bad Water Bill
07-16-2013, 08:04 PM
U B safe. Girty b her etn a bunsh o oatz an wagn her tale.

So far I have 12 foot soldiers ready to march.

We have 3 more days to watch all of the local towns.

A W Bans are popping up all over.

Hamish
07-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Posts 7 and 12 made me laugh. I am 6 and a half hours South of "The swamp that smells of wild onion" as the Native Americans called the area that we are referring to, but the "Chicago way" is firmly entrenched here. (This area has always been a traditional hiding place for those of the outfit that find the temp a little to hot for comfort) (Search "Bloody Williamson)

Made me laugh thinking about the regular "meeting before the meeting" in the firehouse where everything is hammered out, and the itinerary memorized before the meeting in council chambers for the benefit of the public.

popper
07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
no resident even knew the village was considering such a move - typically against the rules. Generally, if done at a normally scheduled meeting, it's OK, no notice required. In Texas, HR towns are required to special notice taxes, elections & charter changes, regardless of meeting schedules. Check state HR law, get your city charter and amendments. Fortunately, Texas gun law is dictated by state, with NO local modifications. Check your laws to see if that is your case. Sounds to me like there is a 'committee' going around all the bergs to do the dirty work. We have the same problem with adult beverage distributors here. Check if there is a petition or other device needed to get a law changed, i.e. what is the method to introduce a new law. Generally the council doesn't do it on their own. Good luck.
I'm in a fight with CH on trash. City changed companies, this one says I have to bag lawn clipping but that is not in an ordinance or the city online trash rules.

Bad Water Bill
07-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately our village has no such restrictions YET.

I think when we remind these old clowns just what it will cost EACH AND EVERY RESIDENT in legal fees to try and defend themselves they just might decide to repeal the law as quickly as they passed it.

"Mr chairman when you signed that bill did you also find the approximately $6,000,000 to pay the legal fees when you lose the forthcoming lawsuit?"

How many city workers will loose their jobs to come up with that much money?

Are you willing to look each of them in the eye as you hand them their last check because YOU SCREWED UP?

Hamish
07-17-2013, 05:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/team-14-il-counties-wont-233511639.html

Bad Water Bill
07-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Even as I type this Crook county and Chit Kaga are passing more restrictive gun laws. No one under the age of 21 can own a firearm.

Yeah tell it to the 20 year old MARINE just back from their 2nd trip to the sandbox or mountains.

popper
07-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Just saw that when signing the CC bill, he allowed 10 days to set new restrictions.

searcher4851
07-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey BWB. Check with the ISRA as it's looking like they'll be checking out any of the towns that have passed these assault weapons bans, to make sure they followed the law.
From what I've been reading, only a small percentage of towns that have tried, have actually passed these silly bans. The informed citizens attending the meetings have pretty much convinced them of their mistake.

Bad Water Bill
07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
SHHHHHHHH

Just attending or getting other folks lined up to protest at meetings is driving me crazy. Warnings have been sent to the towns that announce they are considering an AWB.

We are waiting till midnight tonight before addressing the issue of towns that passed AWBs including my own town that passed it with 0 notification that they were even considering looking at such a move.

Some folks just might get spanked after the 10 day period ends at midnight tonight.

Unfortunately it will be the innocent taxpayer that has to foot the bill because the board did something stupid.

I have ONLY lived in my town for 40+ years. I can not remember even one shooting.

All of the local LEOs are very gun friendly. I wonder how much Bloomberg is paying each village that passes an AWB bill?:twisted: