PDA

View Full Version : Who makes?

Freightman
07-12-2013, 10:03 AM
A pawn shop here has a NIB Cabellas 50 Hawken was wondering who made them for Cabellas? They want $175 is it worth that?

Baja_Traveler
07-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Haven't shopped them to know if it's a good deal or not, but I can guarantee the rifle came out of Italy. Investarms made a ton of the Cabelas muzzleloaders in the past, Pedersoli made the side by side shotguns (one of which I have). If I recall several people at the range some years ago were shooting them - most thought they were very good once nipples and ram rods were upgraded. From what I remember they shot just fine.

10 ga
07-12-2013, 05:12 PM
A pawn shop here has a NIB Cabellas 50 Hawken was wondering who made them for Cabellas? They want $175 is it worth that?

Yes, it's worth it. I have 2 Cabellas MLs. A 50 with a 1/60 twist from their early ML offerings and a 58 purchased when they discontinued and sold off the 45 & 58 Hawkens.

If that one is a 45 or 58 it's kinda rare, not that anybody collects repros. The ones I have are well made and both shoot very good. As Baja said I upgraded the nipples. Currently using "Spitfire" nipples and they are good. Ramrod just fine for field loading. I use a dedicated rod on the range but it's too long to carry in field.

I think the Cabellas rifles NIB list for close to 5C +- from the store now.

Son in law has one in 54 and it's a real deer slammer too.

Mostly shoot prb and holy black. plenty of power and accuracy in all I've seen or shot, 50/54/58.

If I saw that as you say it would go straight out the door with me, but I already got one.

starmac
07-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Investarms and I'd say it was worth it. My 54 (lefty probably shoots as good as I do.

mooman76
07-12-2013, 09:00 PM
If it has a "I" inside a square stamped on the barrel then Investarms made it. I have one in a 50/58 combo and like it allot and it shoots real good. Either way it is worth the money.

Freightman
07-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks