PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a messed up high power scope?

MBTcustom
07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey fellers.
I didn't really know where to post this. It's an oddball request.

I have in mind to build a special rifle scope. It will have no internal adjustments of any kind and a steel tube body.
I was looking into buying the lenses from a supplier, but that is easier said than done. Custom coated lenses correct for a project like this are very expensive and hard to get, and it requires an understanding of optical theory that I do not possess.
It struck me that everything I need is sold at the local walmart in a convenient aluminum shipping tube LOL!
Unfortunately, I am not sure if this will work or not, so I would hate to drop $150 on a scope, just so that I could pirate the lenses (arrrg!).
Also, this project is not even worth doing unless I can get better than 12X magnification.

I got to thinking about it, and I wondered if somebody here, or somebody you might know, would have a scope that has bit the big burrito, but still has good lenses that you could sell me, instead of me ruining a perfectly good scope.

Figured it's worth an ask.

BK7saum
07-11-2013, 11:56 PM
What size scope or quality of lenses are you looking for? I have a tasco 4-16x40 that has a reticle that is a little crooked. I've meant to send it off for repair but haven't yet. It was a mag IV or world class, cant remember which.

PM SENT

Pepe Ray
07-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Tim;
I have the front end of a 2-7X/32. A $100 scope made in China. Before the ocular eyepiece came unscrewed and lost the performance was brilliant. The companie's belly up.
If this will help P.M. your snail mail to me and I'll get it out to you.
Pepe Ray

375RUGER
07-12-2013, 09:04 AM
I have a Bushnell 3-9 that you can have. Let me know.

Nickle
07-12-2013, 10:48 AM
You know, this isn't all that far fetched of an idea. Bausch & Lomb and Weaver both made externally adjusted 2.5-8X scopes. I have both, and they're pretty good stuff. The B&L isn't mounted right now, as I only have the scope half of the mount. The Weaver V8 is sitting on my M14 clone. It works well.

MBTcustom
07-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Man bk7saum has exactly what I was hoping for, and exactly the price I was hoping for too. Perfect!
If it fails then I didn't break the bank. If it works, then it will be powerful enough to use.
Thank you for helping me with another tough problem fellers!