PDA

View Full Version : Where did all these sissy metrasexual (so-called) men come from?

Recluse
07-10-2013, 12:39 AM
I had to ask the daughter what in the hell a "metrasexual" was and she explained. Thank God she's not married to one. Her husband, who is 29, has even less use for them than I do.

We're at a drug store the other day and I see a female clerk getting a propane tank out for another female. I'm on my way to my pickup truck and offer to help the young lady, who absolutely takes me up on the offer.

So I carry the full propane tank to the lady's car and see her husband sitting in the driver's seat, playing a GAME on his little smart phone. I ask the lady if her husband is handicapped, and she looks puzzled and says, "No."

"So, he's just a (popular slang word for female reproductive genitalia of the feline persuasion)," I say, causing the metrasexual's head to pop up from his little video game. This guy was in his late forties, mind you, and making his WIFE go in and pay for propane, then haul it to the car while he sat on his *** playing a video game!

Well, the metrasexual got a little urinated off and even got a little mouthy. I happened to be wearing a Gulf War veteran's ball cap and he pointed at it and said, "I suppose you think that hat makes you a tough guy?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing and was starting to get a little urinated off myself. "No," I told him. "It's what the military taught me that makes me a tough guy. And here's a hint (synonym for rectum plus "hole"): It wasn't video games."

He actually got out of the car and started walking up to me like he was gonna kick my ***! Instead, he started groveling about how he supports the troops and thanking me for my service and blah blah blah but that he didn't have to take this kind of (stuff) from me.

I just laughed all the way to my pickup. What was this nimrod going to do? Take a picture of me with his smart phone and pin it up on that metrasexual pintarest board or whatever it's called?

Where are all of these sissy men coming from?!?

I saw a great poster picture the other day that had Clint Eastwood in one of his old westerns and the caption, "The heroes we grew up with." Next to Clint was a shot of that little sissy that plays in the vampire movies and that sparkles, with the caption, "Today's heroes."

I see all this BS on the internet about calling our legislators to push for "anti-bullying" legislation. ***?!? When we were growing up, if you got bullied you simply beat hell out of the bully and that stopped that. If you couldn't, then you deserved to get bullied--but I never saw the bully that couldn't be bested, and rather easily. Bullies are cowards and they are afraid of pain.

Nowadays, the metrasexuals say that "violence isn't the answer." I say, "The hell it isn't." A bully intimidates with the fear/promise of violence. Fine. Give the SOB what he thinks he wants and the bullying is over.

I see these metrasexuals everywhere. A gun scares a metrasexual the same way a penis scares Rosie O'Donnell. Metrasexuals have "brunch" at foo-foo places that serve what looks like parking-lot weeds dipped in exotic sauces surrounded by crackers. Real men eat pancakes for breakfast, cheeseburgers for lunch and steak for dinner.

Worst of all, what the hell are women seeing in these sissy boy metrasexuals that attracts them and makes them want to marry, and WORSE. . . reproduce?

1776? Could never happen today. Not enough real men left.

:coffee:

DougGuy
07-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Some people just aren't raised up right. I was in a very uppity little town in Minnesota once, and I held a supermarket door open out of convenience for a guy, instead of walking through the door, he stops and looks at me really funny and says "You aren't from around these parts are you?" Go figure..

nhrifle
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM
I've been watching this too for years, and it disgusts me. Unfortunately, I think the root behind all this is that it is what the women wanted. Men used to be men -- we held doors open for ladies entering or leaving a building, we "did" our nails with a pocket knife, and if someone was man enough to kick our butt, we bought them a beer and had a laugh afterwards. What started this is that many men have been "feminized". Remember how they wanted us to be more sensitive? Share our inner feelings and thoughts? How many women sighed when a man was seen crying? I think that is where it started. What it has led to is borderline depression because they allowed themselves to become sissies. And that leads to what you witnessed -- apathy.

I'm glad he didn't try and swing at you, his makeup might have gotten smeared.

ph4570
07-10-2013, 12:58 AM
A good story from a story teller.

Lloyd Smale
07-10-2013, 05:48 AM
I allways laugh at that commercial where the yuppie is teaching his son to throw a baseball like a girl. thats about what this country has come to.

Curlymaple42
07-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Oh that commercial is a riot with that terrible ball thrower guy!

Anyways, a couple times recently i have held the door open for folks, couples usually, and they have made comments about nobody doing that anymore and all that. Well, MEN need to start stepping up and being MEN! I loved the initial post. Our church men's group put on a video thing called Men Stepping Up and it covered much of this topic. My job now is to make my daughter understand this stuff so she doesn't end up with a wimp for a husband.

Gliden07
07-10-2013, 06:23 AM
I've been watching this too for years, and it disgusts me. Unfortunately, I think the root behind all this is that it is what the women wanted. Men used to be men -- we held doors open for ladies entering or leaving a building, we "did" our nails with a pocket knife, and if someone was man enough to kick our butt, we bought them a beer and had a laugh afterwards. What started this is that many men have been "feminized". Remember how they wanted us to be more sensitive? Share our inner feelings and thoughts? How many women sighed when a man was seen crying? I think that is where it started. What it has led to is borderline depression because they allowed themselves to become sissies. And that leads to what you witnessed -- apathy.

I'm glad he didn't try and swing at you, his makeup might have gotten smeared.

I agree with much of what has been said in this thread. I think most of the problem is the breakdown of the American family and society in general. Many things are upside down if you think about it, men acting like woman, woman acting like men, same sex marriages!! Just to name a few things! If you as a man speak your mind on a "questionable" subject and it goes against the grain you are labeled as "insert politically correct name here". You can't have an opinion anymore if it ruffles anyone's feathers! Mom and Dad (if a kid lucky enough to have both) work many more hours than they should to support the family while little "Johnny" sits home and plays video games!

longranger
07-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Guess were all "retrosexuals" per Dr. Laura's definition a "retrosexual" fix's his own stuff. Everything from small and large appliances,lawn mowers, his own vehicles,might even build his own home. He can kill it ,clean it and cook it,probably has more than one gun.
He does not eat tofu,sip latte's,get a waxing to unmentionable parts of his body,drive a Prius, Obama/Biden bumper sticker,call repairman for everything that breaks.
This past weekend I was up in the Wind River area up around Lander and hiked up a small lake thats loaded with Golden Trout. Not to unusual to have company. There was a young family that had packed in with their 5 and 7 y.o. girl and boy. After a few hours we struck up a conversation and he was tree trimmer for local power co. and was from Aiken SC.I have to tell you his 2 kids were the most competent 5 and 7 y.o.'s I have ever seen.5. y.o. can cast her pink Zebco better than most adults, she caught fish, took them off the hook, baited her own hook. Never messed up the reel or hung it up in the bushes.7 y.o. ties his own knots and is 100 % on his own fishing.He cooked his own fish that night in his own "mess kit", 7 y.o. poaching his fish in a nice dill liquid(dad provided) he has his own knife and dad keeps in his pocket when he need it he has to ask. I learned how catch bats from a 7 y.o. "so we can look at them and let them go". We stayed 2 nights and these kids were a blast in the mountains but the bigger point is these kids will be very confident,competent adults.
I started my kids very young as well I walked their tails off in the mountains the hills and valleys, they carried their little day packs with juice and a snack and when they were old enough they carried their Cricket .22's and shot grouse.
You can do anything with kids little sponges they learn everything you want them to and not if you don't pay attention, get the iphone out of their hands and fishing pole or a rifle instead.Herein lies where it begins wether or not their going to be a cissy or a man or woman.

40-82
07-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Recluse,
Loved your post. My girlfriend introduced me to the concept of the metrosexual a couple of years ago. Took me into a joint where they used. Most of it seemed to be about grooming. I can't imagine wanting to look or smell like one of those types. Most of them looked like they would cry if you glared at them or took away the eight dollar a piece oysters they ordered. I tried to explain to her that I really did dress as well as they did, just that instead of expensive Italian slippers, I wore a Colt. My explanation didn't take. As far how a man ought to comport himself or appear in public, I still like Katherine Hepburn's description of John Wayne in Rooster Cogburn, "High smelling and low down."
40-82

flounderman
07-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm not saying we should reinstate the draft, but the country going the way it is, started after the draft ended. I spent some time in WV a few years ago and you could see an obvious difference between the ones that had served and had some experiences and the ones that came after the draft and just grew up hanging around. Worked in a correctional facility and you could see a difference between former military inmates and non military. I personally feel any game that requires electricity should be illegal until you are 21 because it is more dangerous to our future than drugs, guns or alcohol.

btroj
07-10-2013, 07:47 AM
In the case mentioned I have to ask- why the heck did she put up with that ****? She should tell him to man up or get out.
I work with a lady who has a *** husband. He plays video games at nite while she is out working a second job. She says he can't get another job, he doesn't do well with "people". Tough cookies dude, go do what it takes to support your family.

As long as women are there to support and prop up pieces of **** like this it won't change.

Both sexes need a dose of reality.

Trey45
07-10-2013, 07:47 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents into the mix.

Ever since they started this whole "gay agenda" mess it's been a downhill run for the American male. Feminization is all part of that agenda. It's pervasive in what passes for entertainment now days. Just about every popular show on TV or the movies has a ***** character in it. That lifestyle is being forced down our throats to the point where males are being made to feel guilty about being masculine, as if it's wrong to offend a nancyboy simply by being a straight heterosexual male with masculine tendencies. My daughter came for an extended visit a couple years ago, some show on TV called ***** eye for the straight guy, where women complain (go figure) about the way their man dresses until the queers come along and change his entire wardrobe. I watched one show with her, the poor fellow was being harangued to the point where he caved in and allowed these deviants to throw away his clothes and dress him up like he was "one of them". To include MAKE-UP! That's right, make up on a man..... John Wayne must be rolling over in his grave. Before my dad passed away he said that this whole political correctness thing was going to be the downfall of this nation. I never knew just how right he was. You can't do, say, write or think anything that someone might find offensive. When someone stands up in a crowd and yells you are offending me! They are telling everyone that they are incapable of controlling their own emotions so now the burden must fall on YOU to control their emotions for them. Weakness of spirit has weakened their minds, and vice versa.

Mlcompound
07-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Great thread. I am 33 and I get funny looks from young guys and smiles from all women when they see me open the car door for my wife. Man up America!

Thumbcocker
07-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Many of this generation were raised by single moms and never taught to be men. You don't have to be an iron worker to teach a boy basic values. A 140 lb office worker could still teach a boy to keep his word, respect women, take responsibility for his actions and own up to his mistakes.

A boy raised by a single mom often has no one to say "Because I said so boy" in response to a teen aged fit. There is a reason it takes a person of each gender to make a baby.

missionary5155
07-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning
The roots of the problem go back a bit farther. Somewhere moms and dads generally decided the Bible did not need to be read at home. The minority wanted the Bible out of the schools. No one stood up and said No to that. So the general majority got just what it did not care to care about.
There are few executions of murders, child molesters, rapists, those who sell drugs (pharmesuticas)especially to children and those who sell women and children. Transexuals were to be executed. Men were to be distinct in dress and actions. Women also.
So now.. no morals, few codes of conduct, even less honor. But hold on to your hats... the day will come when the Bible will be banned and the minority will want all Biblicists done away with.
So what do you think the general poulace will do then ?? As they have always.. the east road ? Don't make waves ? Just let me get along with my life and enjoy my weekend ?
A nation that does not right it's wrongs will only suffer far more evil in it's future. And without a guide who will know what is right ?
Mike in Peru

w5pv
07-10-2013, 08:18 AM
well said.

44Vaquero
07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Hey, I met that guys brother in a Lowes parking lot 2 weeks ago! I wish that I had as much fun as you did with the situation.

If the women are willing to accept that level of male behavior then so be it! My daughter's have been taught not to.

pmer
07-10-2013, 08:53 AM
The metrosexual was worried about getting a blister he he.

It almost seems like the bible and it's laws used to lead culture.

Love Life
07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Oh man! Wait until you see an Emo guy, JD. You'll want to tell him to give his sister her pants back and quit acting like a *****.

Janoosh
07-10-2013, 09:29 AM
+1 Missionary 5155. As to adult males (and please note the terminology), playing video games, and someone please help if ive got this quote wrong, "When i became a man, i put aside my childish ways". This speaks to a lot of what is going on Today!

41 mag fan
07-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Well said Recluse. I will say though, there's a few places where "metrosexual" doesn't exist. One place is underground. We have an old saying that holds true....leave your feelings in the truck, as they'll get hurt underground.
Don't take much to get a coal miner to fighting underground, then when it's done and over, they go back to watching each others backs.
Kids that aren't made to do some hard sweating labor as a teen, have a tendency to grow into this womanly man we see today.

Guess were all "retrosexuals" per Dr. Laura's definition a "retrosexual" fix's his own stuff. Everything from small and large appliances,lawn mowers, his own vehicles,might even build his own home. He can kill it ,clean it and cook it,probably has more than one gun.
He does not eat tofu,sip latte's,get a waxing to unmentionable parts of his body,drive a Prius, Obama/Biden bumper sticker,call repairman for everything that breaks.
This past weekend I was up in the Wind River area up around Lander and hiked up a small lake thats loaded with Golden Trout. Not to unusual to have company. There was a young family that had packed in with their 5 and 7 y.o. girl and boy. After a few hours we struck up a conversation and he was tree trimmer for local power co. and was from Aiken SC.I have to tell you his 2 kids were the most competent 5 and 7 y.o.'s I have ever seen.5. y.o. can cast her pink Zebco better than most adults, she caught fish, took them off the hook, baited her own hook. Never messed up the reel or hung it up in the bushes.7 y.o. ties his own knots and is 100 % on his own fishing.He cooked his own fish that night in his own "mess kit", 7 y.o. poaching his fish in a nice dill liquid(dad provided) he has his own knife and dad keeps in his pocket when he need it he has to ask. I learned how catch bats from a 7 y.o. "so we can look at them and let them go". We stayed 2 nights and these kids were a blast in the mountains but the bigger point is these kids will be very confident,competent adults.
I started my kids very young as well I walked their tails off in the mountains the hills and valleys, they carried their little day packs with juice and a snack and when they were old enough they carried their Cricket .22's and shot grouse.
You can do anything with kids little sponges they learn everything you want them to and not if you don't pay attention, get the iphone out of their hands and fishing pole or a rifle instead.Herein lies where it begins wether or not their going to be a cissy or a man or woman.

Sinks Basin area????

Good morning
The roots of the problem go back a bit farther. Somewhere moms and dads generally decided the Bible did not need to be read at home. The minority wanted the Bible out of the schools. No one stood up and said No to that. So the general majority got just what it did not care to care about.
There are few executions of murders, child molesters, rapists, those who sell drugs (pharmesuticas)especially to children and those who sell women and children. Transexuals were to be executed. Men were to be distinct in dress and actions. Women also.
So now.. no morals, few codes of conduct, even less honor. But hold on to your hats... the day will come when the Bible will be banned and the minority will want all Biblicists done away with.
So what do you think the general poulace will do then ?? As they have always.. the east road ? Don't make waves ? Just let me get along with my life and enjoy my weekend ?
A nation that does not right it's wrongs will only suffer far more evil in it's future. And without a guide who will know what is right ?
Mike in Peru

VERY well put Mike. GOD, GUNS & FAMILY.....all 3 were a staple in every household many a decade or generations back, now all 3 are slowly fading from sight.

KCSO
07-10-2013, 09:56 AM
When my Uncle died my cousins threw away all his hand tools, threw them in the dumpster, because they didn't think people used them any more. Of course one is ( what is the pc term for ***** these days?) and the other has done nothing since highschool but punch a computer keyboard. My Uncle worked on small engines all his life to put these two through school and they never touched a greasy part because their mother wanted something better for them. Their Dad was a MAN who was proud to work with his hands and support his family. He built his own home that his kids grew up to consider too POOR looking for them. I'm 11 years older than my oldest cousin and worked side by side with my Uncle for years and I almost cry when I see what happened to his kids.

Meanwhile my grandson worked with me in the shop and wants to be a blacksmith when he grows up, maybe there is some hope yet.

mikeyjones
07-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Some very broad generalizations going on in this thread. I'm in my late 20s, grew up playing video games, yet still played outside. Even though I have a desk job, I do all of my own repair work on all my cars and bikes. I still do chivalrous acts such as holding doors open and carrying heavy things. As far as metrosexual tendencies, I do dress well and I patron trendy places. Maybe I'm just an outlier or maybe there's more gray than some of you will admit.

One more note on religion, it doesn't need to be shoved down everyone's throat for the sake of "morality". This country was founded on religious freedom so people have the right of free will.

Bzcraig
07-10-2013, 10:26 AM
It's all true, has at times made me apathetic, and at times been my motivation. This nation, along with its girly men and manly girls is on a slippery slope heading straight to Hell. Mike is right, the Bible and prayer got removed followed closely by morals, ethics, and justice. What used to be called 'good' is now called 'bad,' and what used to be called 'bad' is now called 'good.' The break down of the nuclear family ushered in the beginning of the end. Can you tell me please of a third world nation that has a system in place to protect marriage and the unborn? Or visa versa? Great thread gentlemen! Lets just keep opening doors, allowing our boys to use their testosterone and loving our wives in the way we want our daughters to be loved when they marry a MAN!

Fishman
07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
I coined a new term that made my daughter roll her eyes but laugh. The state I was visiting had a curious predominance of exceedingly thin young males with skinny pants, piercings and tats. I'm not talking fit, I'm talking emaciated and pale, sickly looking. I started calling them "twiggies" because they looked like they'd snap in half if they ever had to do something physical. Wrong, I know, but they clearly were doing it on purpose. Who intentionally wants to look like a pansy-boy?

Boz330
07-10-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm not saying we should reinstate the draft, but the country going the way it is, started after the draft ended. I spent some time in WV a few years ago and you could see an obvious difference between the ones that had served and had some experiences and the ones that came after the draft and just grew up hanging around. Worked in a correctional facility and you could see a difference between former military inmates and non military. I personally feel any game that requires electricity should be illegal until you are 21 because it is more dangerous to our future than drugs, guns or alcohol.

My thoughts exactly and I have felt that way for a long time. Discipline and learning to get along with and work with people that you might never associate with in civilian life. You are all in the same boat and you have to pull your weight or suffer the consequences. I always considered my time as one of the largest influences on my adult life. And yes you can see a difference in attitude and deportment of vets.

Bob

Pb2au
07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
I saw this evidence last night at Menards.
I was picking up some lumber to replace the trim on my home when I looked over and saw this young man (term used loosely) with his girlfriend. He was wearing a bandanna, scruffy beard, tattoos on the arms, plaid shirt and "distressed" blue jeans that cost more than most of my clothes, and generally working very hard at portraying a tough guy.
After watching them trying to figure out how to get a box off of the shelf (I overheard him saying, "the box says its 40 pounds, that is too much to lift), they had to get someone to lift the box and put it into their cart. I realized then he was a poser, a hipster as they are called now. Buy the clothes, wear sunglasses, try to look scruffy and tough, but don't get your hands dirty, eat out all the time, fear the unknown, fear not pleasing everyone around you.
People live in fear now as I see it. Fear of being your own man, fear of failure, fear of what others think. Stay in your shell, like what everyone else likes, fear to speak out against the popular sentiment of the time.
Are they effeminate? In my book, that is an insult to the fairer sex. The women in my life, my mother, my wife, our very few close friends, are intelligent, strong willed, willing to learn, understand how to stand up and be heard, have a good moral compass life and in general are contributors to the game of life, not parasites. They work 60+ hours a week, know how to do things or know how to ask for help when needed. They like to have doors opened for them not because they expect it, but because they know it is polite and a sign of respect. They are passionate and kind. They also despise weakness in character, in both men and women.
As stated many times in the above posts, men now are treated like a villain if they don't dress a certain way, cut their own grass (yup true story on that one. More than two guys I know at work refuse to cut their grass, said they are above that), change their own oil, or if they are willing to stand up for themselves in a pinch. That same guy I work with has his wife pick out his clothes, shoes and the type of haircut he wears. Why, because he was raised to have no spine, no self respect and no class. He has no hobbies, no interests in anything, just what ever is decided for him. And he has the gall to complain about it. I told him one time, only once, grow a set, say your piece, or shut up and take what you deserve.

Have heart though, stay strong, there is hope.
When I was packing up the lumber in the back of my truck, a young man working for Menards was out collecting carts. He stopped at my truck and asked if I needed some help. I thanked him but declined. He stood there for a moment watching me tie a modified truckers hitch to cinch down the load of wood. His eyes were the size of boiled eggs. I think he heard the rope creaking as it cinched up tight. He asked me, what the knot was and I told him. He then asked me if I could show him how to tie it. So, in all of the heat and humidity, I took five minutes and showed him. He thanked me and went on his merry way.
That gives me hope.

popper
07-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Prolly from NYC like that puky Victoria Prude. Then there is the new C&W song where he falls in love, she moves in, moves his stuff out, goes into debt big time and wants him to stop smoking so she won't have to pay the debt when he dies.

Kull
07-10-2013, 11:14 AM
A good story from a story teller.

I made it to the hat bit.....cool story bro.

gofastman
07-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Some very broad generalizations going on in this thread. I'm in my late 20s, grew up playing video games, yet still played outside. Even though I have a desk job, I do all of my own repair work on all my cars and bikes. I still do chivalrous acts such as holding doors open and carrying heavy things. As far as metrosexual tendencies, I do dress well and I patron trendy places. Maybe I'm just an outlier or maybe there's more gray than some of you will admit.

One more note on religion, it doesn't need to be shoved down everyone's throat for the sake of "morality". This country was founded on religious freedom so people have the right of free will.
:goodpost:

Love Life
07-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Soooooooooo. How did the culture degrade so much? Where did it start? Why the uproar NOW instead of when it began?

TheGrimReaper
07-10-2013, 12:06 PM
They started out form all these popular gay shows; ***** Eye for the straight guy, Dr. Phil, etc....and the Dems. It is said.

Love Life
07-10-2013, 12:09 PM
The degradation of society started long before those shows came out.

The degradation of our society and morals allowed those shows to make it to the airwaves.

I ask again. When did the slippery slope start?

We are not at the top of the slope right now. We are half way down screaming "HELP" as we try to slow down the advance down the slope.

mikeyjones
07-10-2013, 12:16 PM
YOU may think that a good post, but I think its just the perspective of a "tweener" whose culture had already been compromised by the time he was born. Hell, culture and morality had been degrading for years by that time.

I call your math skills or reading comprehension into serious question. "Tweeners" are preteens (10-12) by definition. I'm well beyond that age.

You strike me as a curmudgeon. Complaining about this generation yet doing nothing to change or influence it. The "greatest generation" complained a lot about baby boomers too. Then the cycle repeats.

Culture as a whole evolves and changes. We once thought that the world was flat or that the earth was the center of the universe. Hell, some cultures even sacrificed virgins to appease their gods. Should we revert back to that?

Point is that things change, culture, morality, etc are all relative. Not saying that the trend toward weaker men or p*ssifuation is good but it's a fact and its there. I hate it, especially since its predominantly my generation. You can either deal with it, complain about it, or help to change it by having a positive impact on those around you.

country gent
07-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Well most of us grew up in a diffrent time period. Where hard work, Honor and honesty were rewarded. Nowdays those concepts are forieghn to most. Its really interesting here, Most farmers cant get help for baling hay or straw. Most kids have everything handed to them and they feel its their right to, no part time jobs summer jobs. Just Dad I need gas money.They havent learned cause and effect how to manage themselves or do whats right. I started in my first little Job shop as a tool maker when I was 15 years old. I learned more about being an adult and the above from that than anywheres else. Stop and think about it. I have seen it for a long time. Kids have been taught they are to good for manual labor and to work. No responsibility and respect.

Love Life
07-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Who taught them that?

44Vaquero
07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Mikeyjones, you are the exception to the rule and you should be proud of that! My son at 19, is also the exception to the rule because he was taught some things are absolute and good manners in public is one of them. You should not be offended by the broad brush painting in this thread as you are admittedly unlike your peers.

Cultural relativism, assumes that all points of view have a equal value and they do not! As you point out in post #37! We should not return to virgin sacrifice any more then we should stop being polite to ladies! Some thing's need to be maintained and jealousy guarded as good and right, irrespective of popular opinion. I would say to you what is being discussed here is the de-evolution of our culture.

Change is not always good.

Springfield
07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
You do what you can do. My son is 10 and my daughter is 11(I'm 57). My son loves video games, but I don't get him all the cool stuff like Wii, x-box and all that other crud. He has a small handheld video game, so does my daughter, so they can be entertained while in the car. I recently started them both in Karate, and they love it. It is a bit expensive, so I just can't by any more guns for a wile. But I also have them both in music lessons. I never had the chance when I was young and I like to expose them to as much as possible. Besides learning music makes them think and learn to practice something even when you may not really want to. They also help me with yard work and fixing stuff around the house, work on the car, both of them, good for a girl to learn this stuff too. I am taking them both backpacking again this year, REAL backpacking, where you have to bring all you own stuff and there isn't a bathroom for 50 miles. And of course we all go shooting at the Cowboy Action match at least once a month and another time just for practice and fun. The reason guys are the way they are is because THEIR PARENTS allowed them to be that way. We lost most of a generation, especially in the shooting sports, when Dad's only job was to go to work and make money, preferably in a nice clean office, and leave the kids to mom, or worse, a daycare center. I see it all the time at the range, grandfather's bring their grand kids to learn how to shoot because their parents don't like guns. I am shocked when the guys I shoot with tell me their kids don't shoot because they were too busy to teach them, plus it wasn't considered the "right ' thing to do at the time. Now they know better and are trying to save their grandkids from the liberal mindset, but it is difficult when the parents don't do the same. Our kids are mostly what we teach them and more importantly what we SHOW them. That's the main reason I have chosen to be a stay at home dad and work out of my house, to try and raise a couple of straight-arrow, useful, intelligent kids who know right from wrong and will stick by their beliefs and not just "go with the crowd". I refuse to have a Pu$$y for a son and a "helpless female" for a daughter. For what it's worth, I didn't join the military, I became a Deputy Sheriff instead. That will REALLY show you how messed up some people's kids are.

jcwit
07-10-2013, 12:59 PM
When did it start?

My opinion. It first started when mothers left the home and entered the workforce, it was needed as it was WW2.

Taking prayer out of the schools also did nothing to help our country, or the young folks growing up in it.

Taking recent history and patriotism out of the schools added to the problem.

There was a time when the U.S. went to war the whole country went to war, some items were restricted and people accepted it and helped the war effort.

Young men were drafted and for the most part did their best while serving. Frankly I can't see that with todays young men or women, or the others whatever they are.

Then we have the womens movement which while I believe in equality they still are the fairer sex, and should be treated as such.

All of the above is just my opinion, and as I get older I'm realizing how little it means.

dkf
07-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Who taught them that?

IMO. Mainly started with the baby boomer kids after the war. Parents knew what the depression was like and wanted the kids to have it better than they did. So they started spoiling the kids in one way or the other. Seems to have snowballed over the years and of course there are exceptions.

If it was not for my father teaching me things and getting me started when I was younger I would not be near as mechanical (fix my own stuff and make my own stuff) and into guns as I am today. Today you are looked at like some retard outcast if you don't want to sit in college for 4+ years and prefer to get into the trades. The schools often make young people feel like they will be worthless if they don't go for that 4 year piece of paper. I have a college degree so its not like I am against it or anything, just what I saw.

marlin39a
07-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Liberal Parents who leave the childs upbringing to the Public School System. I saw it first hand in Massachusetts. Young boys being emasculated by feminists. They don't stand a chance. I talked to several young women over the years that say it's hard to find a man that doesn't "go both ways". They hate guns too. Add a Medical Marijuana Card to the mix and you have a Man by name only.

oscarflytyer
07-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Contributors to the sorry situation...

Women had to leave the home for the workplace to make ends meet and pay the extra taxes for the liberal politicians to give the money to the worthless in return for votes - read Democrats.

Soccer Mommies and all the sorry pathetic self-esteem BS. Getting participation trophies. Are you kidding me?!? "I showed up" trophies accomplish nothing. Ask any kid in a comeptitive sport (is soccer competitive?!?) and they can flat tell you who the better players are! Guaranteed. Kids aren't stupid. The trophies are for the mommies...

And then there is the gay agenda and all that ****...

Oh yeah, and forgot, as said above... Letting the schools take over raising the kids. See the very first problem I posted. And when you have a fit if a boy even makes a gun with his fingers or a stick!?! ***! Kids have been doing that since early post caveman days, and will always do that, unless the metros manage to dumb themselves down and breed it out. Darwinism, you know!

Trey45
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Well I might as well add to the hornets nest. When women were given the right to vote, it all started going downhill (voting with emotion instead of intelligence). And I'm not joking. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to the cave.

Janoosh
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
RFR is right in stating that instead of bemoaning how this all started, we should be doing something about it. I grew up in the Bronx. When we went out to dinner, which wasn't often, we wore a shirt with a collar and SHOES! I still do, and I'm 60. No curmudgeon here, as I have out worked men 20 yrs my junior. I came of age in the 60' s and you wore SHOES to school, to church, to dinner. The fall started when Adults emulated Children..... in dress... in action.. in life! You cant begrudge a business for accepting cuctomers when things are slow financially....but really... out to dinner, movie, store..... in a wife-beater t-shirt,shorts, and flip flops? Lack of pride.... and most of all... HONOR! Strange word that. I've done business for thousands of dollars on a hand shake because i knew the gentleman (another lost word) was HONORABLE! Ok...... rant now over.....
Thanks........Janoosh

Freightman
07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Good morning
Mike in Peru
You said it right one of the reasons the Roman Empire fell!

waynem34
07-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Man I laugh when see a dude scared to get his hands dirty.I say "hey Man we got soap!!!!!!" I want to see blisters and no complaining while wearing gloves. Dont worry bout the sun and heat. Dont worry bout the mule going blind.LOAD THE WAGON!!!! Im a roofer and sheet metal mechanic/jack of all trades master of none.

Mk42gunner
07-10-2013, 04:36 PM
IMO. Mainly started with the baby boomer kids after the war. Parents knew what the depression was like and wanted the kids to have it better than they did. So they started spoiling the kids in one way or the other. Seems to have snowballed over the years and of course there are exceptions.

Well said.

Robert

Don Purcell
07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Trey45, I have been saying that for years but people think I'm kidding but I'm not. Granted there are females that do vote with their head instead of heart and by far they are conservatives but they are outnumbered by the dingbats and low information voters.

1Shirt
07-10-2013, 05:07 PM
A tip of the Hat to Recluse for starting this thread! It is one of the best of this type of thread on this forum I have read in a number or years. I try to use the word "WOOSY" for the type individual he started this about, because it isn't vulgar, you can use it without (for the most part) being nailed for political incorrectness, etc.etc.etc. However, all of the other names listed here are more than applicable. Don't care for Arnold Swartwhatever, but did like his term "girlly men". I see far to many of them today. I am not sure when it started for sure, but I was not aware of it to any degree until about 30 years ago, or maybe during Nam. Seems like it really got kicked off when womans lib started getting attention, and has gone down hill and seems to be essulating (sp) more each day. Makes me mad as He!!, but I can't do much about it except to voice my opinion, write my senators and representatives, go to Tea Party functions, and cuss a lot. I do feel sorry however that my grand daughter will never know the America that I grew up in, and the values that existed when I was young.
1Shirt!

pmer
07-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I call your math skills or reading comprehension into serious question. "Tweeners" are preteens (10-12) by definition. I'm well beyond that age.

You strike me as a curmudgeon. Complaining about this generation yet doing nothing to change or influence it. The "greatest generation" complained a lot about baby boomers too. Then the cycle repeats.

Culture as a whole evolves and changes. We once thought that the world was flat or that the earth was the center of the universe. Hell, some cultures even sacrificed virgins to appease their gods. Should we revert back to that?

Point is that things change, culture, morality, etc are all relative. Not saying that the trend toward weaker men or p*ssifuation is good but it's a fact and its there. I hate it, especially since its predominantly my generation. You can either deal with it, complain about it, or help to change it by having a positive impact on those around you.

Your part about culture and morality etc. changing used to be untrue. This is how people can say the Constitution is "a living and breathing document" and then can/should be changed. The bible didn't change but some churches bending to culture decided not to teach the parts that could make certian people uncomfortable. I had to leave a church like that and I'm more free now than ever before. Free to do the right thing in the confines that you and I are born to be in. Using the power of forgiveness and having redemption takes it all off your shoulders and lets you have peace. If you really beleive what you typed, you got something missing in your life.

FWIW My 2 cents on when it happened was when government learned it could stay in power by giving stuff to people. And division politics.

Echo
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
we "did" our nails with a pocket knife,

I watched my dad do his with dikes...

opos
07-10-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm an old duffer and grew up in a different time and place. I came from solid and strong stock and there was not much room for complaining, whining or being a sissy. We grew up with respect for our parents, love for our Country and a God in our lives. We didn't push much but would not be pushed without provication.

I was at the airport a while back...chatting with a young man...quiet, gentle and respectful. Didn't smart mouth an old guy just chatting...he was polite, asked a few questions about my life, etc...he was wearing a shirt that said "Respect all and fear none". I commented on his shirt and he said it was the credo his life revolved around. He got up to leave...we shook hands and he started to walk away...a "girly man" with a belly full of booze or something else cut him off at the line to board. The man I'd been talking with simply backed up a bit and the smart mouth made some comment about "good thing you moved" or something like that....it took one very quick move with a thumb to the neck to bring the smart butt to his knees with tears in his eyes...not one word more was said..the guy just smiled at me and got on the plane...That's the way to handle people that respect no one and secretly fear all men. I'm old...I still respect women and open doors for them and I got absolutely no respect nor will I tolerate disrespect from some punk. Respect is something I do not demand but I don't tolerate any disrespect either.

jcwit
07-10-2013, 05:46 PM
You'all should have been watching "The Five" on FOX news and their remarks about Justin Bieber. By Bob Bickle-2 inches.

dantoweed64
07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
All I can think of this: they will be the first to be eaten by starving crowds when the SHTF.

archmaker
07-10-2013, 06:15 PM
When did it start . . . a long long time ago. I am sure the older Vikings at some point were lamenting the fact how easy their kids had it, how soft they were becoming. Same for America during the late 1800's - I am pretty sure that the westerner of that time used the term to 'tenderfoot' or 'city boy' much like we are now using metrosexual.

Real women want real men, but the problem is, that we just aren't breeding as fast as others. Mainly due to a thing called a job and being responsible, those without a job and don't believe in responsiblity are just out breeding us.

I am a step-dad to a wonderful daughter, have a good job, and work hard. Never had any kids of my own. My daughter's real dad has three other kids, besides my daughter, has three DUI, and has not held a steady job for more than a year, unless you count his chosen career a job - Karoke DJ at Bars, and hasn't paid one cent in child support or for any of her activities in the five years I have been part of her life.

The solution is that I should have had 10 kids, but at nearly a half century old, I am not going to start now, so blame me. ;-)

10-x
07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Been a slow decent into a failing society, women allowed to vote, no draft, TV and idiot sitcoms,hippies gaining political power, civil rights movement , unrestrained illegal immigration and most important, the removal of God from much of society. We are becoming Rome and will fall the same way....

Echo
07-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I guess things are different here in AZ. I hold doors open for men or women, I open the car door for my libtard GF (hopefully she will see the light), and I get no sneers or comments. Of course I AM 6' tall and weigh 270, and that might have something to do with it. And if pressed, I can show attitude that would probably cause the other to reconsider the situation. Old OCS training still with me...
But Holy Smoke! Going back to the OP - I CANNOT imagine ANY MAN allowing his wife to go get, and carry, and load, a propane tank, while he played an electronic game! His name, and picture, should be posted for all to see. Criminy...

PS Paul
07-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Well I might as well add to the hornets nest. When women were given the right to vote, it all started going downhill (voting with emotion instead of intelligence). And I'm not joking. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to the cave.

For some time now I figured I was one of the only few who felt this way. Obviously, I NEVER uttered those words or shared this sentiment with anyone. Not even the wife. But you could NOT be more right.

Now, visit Seattle some time and prepare to vomit in your own mouth at the sight of the dummies who likely rate at the top of vaginization of American men. I am often vilified for being a man and being decisive with direction. It's as if being a man is somehow frowned on UNLESS you are a minority, then it's alright. Shameful. Nevertheless, I won't change no matter how much "pressure" is put on me from those who come in contact with me. I do have a sense of style and enjoy wearing slacks and button-downs when the occasion calls for it, but tattoos, earrings and stupid bandanas? NEVER.

dragon813gt
07-10-2013, 07:36 PM
I have to laugh at a lot of things said in this thread. It's blatantly obvious how old most of you are. I bet when you were young you wanted to buck the system and hated how your Dad said your generation is a bunch of sissies and men were men when he was growing up. Now you are all doing to same thing your Dad did.

I'm 34 and consider myself at the tail end of kids that were raised right. I have a sister that is seven years younger and there is a vast difference between us. How was I raised right? For starters I got smacked when I did something wrong. I was not beat as they will have you believe now a days. I was smacked hard enough to know I did something wrong. My Grandmom was the worst as she would make me cut switches.

I have never been in a fight in my life. I was always able to talk my way out of one. But they happened all the time. My sister was neither smacked or ever saw a fight growing up. There were physical repercussions for doing something wrong. By the time my sister was born you could no longer physically reprimand a child in public. And if you did it in the privacy of your home and the school found out you would be getting a visit from Law Enforcement.

I will not defend the behavior of a lot of my generation. But there is nothing wrong w/ playing video games. There is nothing wrong w/ not practicing a religion. No one wants something shoved down their throats. Most kids don't like going to church. It's when they grow up that they realize how it shaped them as a person. The homosexual thing I just laugh at. They have always been around. It's not a learned behavior. It's not going to bring the end to society. Most of you have seen a kid at a very young age and had a feeling that the kid was homosexual. Now if you admit it, that's up to you.

But back to the no one wants things shoved down their throats. The gay agenda at the moment is a bit ridiculous. You shouldn't be shamed for speaking out against homosexuality. Just like you shouldn't be shamed for having any opinion on any matter. Political correctness has damaged society a lot more than most factors. When you aren't free to express your opinions on a subject or celebrate when you win a game then everything goes numb. Instead of a myriad of colors the world becomes a dull grey place.

I also feel that the pushing of white collar jobs over blue collar is very harmful. While I realize that white collar jobs are needed. I have a hard time seeing their value in society when they shuffle papers and numbers. Obviously that is a generalization but an office worker can't drive by a bridge and tell his kid that he helped build it like a blue collar worker can. The devaluation of a skilled trade has been very harmful to society. Ted Knight said it best, "The world needs ditch diggers to." The world does not need people that don't add anything tangible to society.

I know I've veered off on many courses so I will just stop. Stop waxing poetic about the past because it wasn't as perfect as you remember it. Everyone turns into their fathers and grand fathers. So don't be a hypocrite and remember how much you hated when they talked about your generation the same way you're talking about the current generation.

gray wolf
07-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I have to laugh at a lot of things said in this thread. It's blatantly obvious how old most of you are. I bet when you were young you wanted to buck the system and hated how your Dad said your generation is a bunch of sissies and men were men when he was growing up. Now you are all doing to same thing your Dad did.

I know I've veered off on many courses so I will just stop. Stop waxing poetic about the past because it wasn't as perfect as you remember it. Everyone turns into their fathers and grand fathers. So don't be a hypocrite and remember how much you hated when they talked about your generation the same way you're talking about the current generation.
Yup !! you had a lot to say but IMHO you missed the point completely, (totally )

buckwheatpaul
07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
I agree that it probably started with women lib of the 1960's...however, fathers forgot to teach their sons about holding doors open for women; men walking next to the road and other tips that were designed to protect our women......I sometime experience a rude woman.....but in the last few years I have encountered a growing number of women that will smile and say thank you.....The only thing that I can remember is my Dad being disappointed if I didn't do the right thing.....

waksupi
07-10-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm pushing 60. When the older generation was telling us we wouldn't amount to anything, they were the kind of men who served a good example of what a man should be, and if you WERE worth anything, you watched and learned. I don't see too much of those examples for the kids these days. Media and political correctness killed a lot of manhood, especially in the cities, where it had a tenuous grip at best.

perotter
07-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Soooooooooo. How did the culture degrade so much? Where did it start? Why the uproar NOW instead of when it began?

The old word for these guys was pantywaist. In our culture is started a long time ago 1500 or 1600. Look back to when royalty became more interested in wearing fancy underwear than doing manly things or sell out so they could have fine clothes. It moved down(or up) from there. The word pantywaist, as far as I know, came about when the Scottish clan chiefs start selling out so they could wear fine clothes. That was about 1700. Not saying that when this started.

Nobody alive was around when this started. It's just that now it may be the norm.

Teddy (punchie)
07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
All I can think of this: they will be the first to be eaten by starving crowds when the SHTF.

I would say they are in trouble, kind that they have no idea of, nor do they care. UNTIL TOO LATE !!

Blacksmith
07-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't forget Girlly Men can be entertaining. I demonstrate blacksmithing and see more than enough GM but I really enjoy the look on their face when I reach over with my bare hand and pick up a steel bar from the forge and the other end is glowing orange. Sometimes they look like they are about to mess their fancy pants. Then you start to hammering and something takes shape and they see a man with dirty hands who controls fire, hammers and some simple tools actually create something useful right before their eyes.

I prefer the company of real men and strong willed women which is why I like it here in Our Town!

Teddy (punchie)
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
First I would say I think he should have helped his wife. I think in this case you are right.

Second I would say did it kill her. Women (wife ) is to be a help mate, not a slave but a helper.

The last 100 years or so things have started down a road to what we are facing today. Years ago women worked hard maybe too hard but they did work on homestead. We all needed one an other to make it and neighbors helped one an other also.

Me; I hold doors, ask to see if a women needs help with an item that looks heavy, try to say HI and Hello.

I even carry the purse for my wife, I'm sure there are a few Guy here that think and have few ideas about this, wife would just say; if you thing this older (young looking) ruff-handed, heavy armed, farm boy is a girly boy for carrying my purse you try to tell him he is a sissy. If he in a good mood you may get a funny smile, if in a bad mood or bad day well look out you find out how much of a man he is. With two young kids I do what is needed and at fairs or open flea markets I do carry the purse allot.

Recluse
07-10-2013, 11:13 PM
I think this whole mess picked up steam when Phil Donahue started crying on TV.

:coffee:

JeffinNZ
07-10-2013, 11:24 PM
JD: You are to be having a grumpy week. Do you need a big old manly huge?

waksupi
07-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Group hug for JD! Let's start a drum circle! (darn, thought we had a barf smiley!)

Adam10mm
07-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Let me be the first to say I have my faults, as the Internet is aware of.

My father prided himself on being a gentleman and being respected as one. To put things in perspective, I was born in 1981, my father was born in 1952, and his father (my grandfather) was born in 1895 (and served in both World Wars). My older brother was born in 1979 and younger half brother in 1986. I got PMRd out of MEPS in 1999, otherwise I would have served in the military like I had planned since childhood.

I've been doing my own laundry since I was 8yo. I wanted to wear my favorite outfit the next day at school and asked my father how to setup and start the washer so he didn't have to do it. I was washing dishes shortly thereafter. By 10yo I was helping out with shoveling, mowing the lawn, and starting the car for my father in the winter to let it warm up for the ride to school.

My parents divorced when I was 1yo. I got disciplined from both. Their divorce really messed me up in the head about a lot of things, but the one thing I can say with pride is once the dust settled and it was final, I remember my parents being very friendly. I don't think it was an act. I think they just didn't make good husband/wife for each other. After 3rd grade I chose to live with my mother and stepfather, mostly because my father's wife was evil like you wouldn't believe. Spent the summers with my father and school year with my mother then two weekends a month at my father's. Anyways, whatever punishment I got at one parent's house stayed the same for the other. So if I got grounded for doing something at my mother's, I was grounded at my father's as well. Punishment was labor and physical (spanking, belts). If I used foul or harsh language toward anyone, I had to chug a bottle of hot sauce without a drink for an hour. If it was toward my brothers, I got a good backhand plus the former.

I've been with my wife for 11 years, married for 7, have a 6yo son and 2yo daughter together. I hold the door for her, help her put her jacket on upon departure; even the house when it's just us four getting ready to go somewhere. I want my kids to see that. My son should also do it and my daughter should choose a man that does the same. My son helps his little sister get her jacket on and zip it up.

That being said, my wife is the "handyman" around the house. Except for hunting, fishing, trapping stuff, I can't put anything together to save my life. I'm ignorant, but willing to learn. My father in law taught me a lot about "man stuff" when we bought our house in 2007. Rewired the whole house, put in a new breaker box, put in new flooring, gutted and drywalled 3/4 of the house, plumbed gas line, remodeled a bathroom. I in turn taught my father in law how to slaughter and butcher chickens, pigs, and cows. I taught him all the prime cuts of pork and beef. I'm the one that butchers all the deer for the family that gets one. Guns break he brings them to me.

I do a lot of gentleman stuff. I've still got a lot to learn about certain "man stuff" things, but I'm willing to learn, not lazy about learning. Biggest judgement on the forum is I don't care about gays or God. The two will always clash. Don't care about gays, don't care about God. Other than that...

Whiterabbit
07-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Hey, I met that guys brother in a Lowes parking lot 2 weeks ago! I wish that I had as much fun as you did with the situation.

If the women are willing to accept that level of male behavior then so be it! My daughter's have been taught not to.

Not a good attitude. These guys have the power to vote. If women are willing to accept that level of "behavior" then they need to be corrected too.

Whiterabbit
07-11-2013, 01:26 AM
When my Uncle died my cousins threw away all his hand tools, threw them in the dumpster, because they didn't think people used them any more.

Maybe I'm a sissy too, cause reading this almost made me cry.

My father IN LAW gave me his father's tools when he died. his father worked for the Ford motor company as (at least at one time) a lathe operator. 50% of the tools are obviously repurposed files. Each piece, each rusty unsuable reamer is a treasure.

44Vaquero
07-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Whiterabbit, I guess the point I was attempting to make is that some Women are not even aware of what they are missing/accepting until someone shows them the difference. I take great pride in having had influence on several of my daughters friends. I guess what really concerns me about that is where are their fathers?

I think to some degree contemporary men and women have been sold a load of BS and do not even question why? I tell my kids 'Why?" is a powerful question. Many people today cannot respond past the 2nd or 3rd time you inquire as to why the think/feel/act the way they do! The talking heads and sounds bits are all they know.

AZ-JIM
07-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Oh man! Wait until you see an Emo guy, JD. You'll want to tell him to give his sister her pants back and quit acting like a *****.

LMAO, I thought I was the only one that said that.

az-jim

WilliamDahl
07-11-2013, 04:43 AM

You probably have a point there. What makes us think that the Founding Fathers didn't know exactly what they were doing when they failed to include women in the right to vote? We need to be voting on the ISSUES, not which candidate has the best hair style or his wife's clothes.

WilliamDahl
07-11-2013, 04:47 AM

Yeah, but there isn't enough meet on their bones to feed a person for more than a single meal. ;)

hardware
07-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Personally, men with no spine or courtesy have a very special place of loathing for me. I love it when I hold a door and a stream of people 20 years my senior walk by without acknowledging that there's more than a wooden wedge holding it open, or even trying to touch the door. Me, bein' raised pretty good by my pop's estimation (Bad Water Bill on here), am often a little too polite in these cases, not wanting to let the door slam on someone. Similarly however, too many people are too willing to blame this group or that faction of society as to how and why. While yes, knowing how and why this happened is very important in preventing this from getting worse, at the same time... do we just want to become the opposite negative example? I think what we can do to change it is most important consideration, especially with the very malleable point we're at right now in history.

grumman581
07-11-2013, 05:05 AM
If you think they are bad here, you should see them in South Korea. I just got back from spending some time over there and it seems that every young (i.e. 20s and below) male on the trains (people called them "subways", but since they didn't seem to go underground, I'm not sure that term is accurate) seemed to be a "girly man" (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flaming%20faggot). What ever happened to the good old days when people had the decency to keep their sexual perversions private?

waynem34
07-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Sadly, It takes all kind. Let the gps or cell phones go on the blink and we'll see. I'm by no means as tough as my parents or grand parents. My grandmother would fight you like a man in the street if need be. My grandfather would cut your head off and kick it out in the road. Made wiskey sold tobacco and the only hell my mama ever raised was me. Being the youngest out of eight I had to fight day in day out. Four sisters and three brothers meant dayly butt kickings. Sisters were the worst. I think family is the key. My dad would backhand the hell out of me anywhere and dare me to cry. I knew it would happen and still do something to get into trouble. I've noticed white people no longer do this ,but black people will ,in a heart beat lay down a whipping in front of a crowd of people. So I believe it is a reflextion of the parents. I have no children so this is just my opinion. I hated my father for a long time, but as I grew into a man I understood why he was so tough on me. He prepared me for a life known by no other generation. Too few hunters,fishermen and gentlemen. We have it easy ,truly a blessing. Let them pound sand for a couple years. They'll grow a pair one way or the other.

Echo
07-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I prefer the company of real men and strong willed women which is why I like it here in Our Town!

Plus One, BS!

jsheyn
07-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Isn’t it mighty humorous and ironic how some of ya’ll keep bashing paper pushers and keyboard punchers. Without them you sure as heck would not have this nice forum to complain on….using your keyboard of course.

blackthorn
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM
My Dad was a farmer. My Dad was a Gentleman. My Dad was a “golden ruler” and a better Christian than most of those who shout out how good a Christian they are! My Dad never took a dollar that was not his, nor did he lie cheat or steal! He worked hard every day to put food and such together for Mother and I. When he died there was not enough room in the church to hold all the people who came to pay their respects!

My Mother was a farmer’s wife. My Mother was a seamstress by trade (before she came to Canada from England. My Mother was a practicing Christian and went to church as many Sundays as she could. About three or four times a year she even got Dad to go. She made sure to take me (at least until I got into my teen years). My Mother NEVER turned away a hungry Hobo from our door. My Mother commanded the same respect within the community as my Dad.

I am adopted (at 8 months) and the folks above gave me love, guidance and a respect for others (until they prove unworthy) no matter what sex, religion, occupation etc. They taught me that NO ONE is better (or worse) than another unless they choose to be. They taught me to walk on the roadside of the street when with a lady, to hold the door for the next person, to try to assist those who need assistance and to “generally” be a man. There is so much more I could say about my folks but I think you all probably get the idea. I am 74 years old and I still tear up when I think about them!

On the subject at hand, I try to judge people by their actions as individuals, and not by their sex or life choice. I have known Bosses (both male and female) that were great people and some that were----not so much! I believe in all people being equal BUT I do not believe there are any (group or individual) is, or should be, more equal than any other. I have a very good female friend, whom I suspect has latent Liberal tendencies, who paid me a great compliment when she described me as the only “red neck socialist” she knew. As to the useless slug J. D. referred to, I compliment you sir on your handling of that situation!

runfiverun
07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Isn’t it mighty humorous and ironic how some of ya’ll keep bashing paper pushers and keyboard punchers. Without them you sure as heck would not have this nice forum to complain on….using your keyboard of course.

kinda.
I could NOT have a computer, and it would have ZERO impact on my lifestyle.
popping up on forums like this is my computers single function.
I still do math with a pencil too.

jsheyn
07-11-2013, 01:42 PM
kinda.
I could NOT have a computer, and it would have ZERO impact on my lifestyle.
popping up on forums like this is my computers single function.
I still do math with a pencil too.

I do math in my head...but that's not the point...the people who cut your check use a calculator....what I'm saying is you need the paper pusher and keyboard punchers and they need you.

nodda duma
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
The degradation of society started long before those shows came out.

The degradation of our society and morals allowed those shows to make it to the airwaves.

I ask again. When did the slippery slope start?

We are not at the top of the slope right now. We are half way down screaming "HELP" as we try to slow down the advance down the slope.

All of today's problems were caused by hippies and the British.

montana_charlie
07-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Would a paper pusher/keyboard puncher like yourself be content to let your wife carry the propane out to the car while you 'rested'?
It is that quality found in 'unmanly' men which generated this discussion.

As to the apparent 'acceptance' of the sexually perverted lifestyle, it's still true that the deviants make up only a very small percentage of the population. The number of 'supporters' has (either) increased or they have become more vocal, but they have no personal desire to 'partake' in the lifestyle.

So, it boils down to something which has existed for centuries:

Men have always despised 'sissies' and women, in situations where the difference matters, can barely tolerate their presence.
This is true because human nature is still what it has always been, and anything 'unnatural' has no value to the species.

CM

jsheyn
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Would a paper pusher/keyboard puncher like yourself be content to let your wife carry the propane out to the car while you 'rested'?
It is that quality found in 'unmanly' men which generated this discussion.

As to the apparent 'acceptance' of the sexually perverted lifestyle, it's still true that the deviants make up only a very small percentage of the population. The number of 'supporters' has (either) increased or they have become more vocal, but they have no personal desire to 'partake' in the lifestyle.

So, it boils down to something which has existed for centuries:

Men have always despised 'sissies' and women, in situations where the difference matters, can barely tolerate their presence.
This is true because human nature is still what it has always been, and anything 'unnatural' has no value to the species.

CM

1No, Charlie, I would not let my wife carry that propane cylinder...and yet I am a paper pusher...that was the point. there is no correlation between a sissy/woosy....etc and a paper pusher or a keyboard puncher.

opos
07-11-2013, 04:10 PM
I got no issues with how a person makes a living as long as they are doing what they can to contribute. I have a Grandaughter that is an R. N. and her husband is a computer game tester...yep...spends all day playing computer games for a company that does work for Sony, etc. Turns out he makes more money than any of the Grandkids and one hell of a lot more than I did in my years. When Sony releases a computer game it's like a movie production company releasing a big movie...millions of dollars on the line and it has to be perfect...if they find a flaw in the testing phase it's a disaster and lots of folks really get on the hot seat. But.....here is the computer wizard, many would call a "metrosexual" (My thoughts when I first met him and "heard" what he did). He is polite, a great husband to my Grandaughter..a strong and loving father to my little 3 year old Great Grandson but when enough is enough....he's the strong and caring voice that steps up and corrects the situation. He's as much a man as any man in our family and has the respect of all of us.

Now on the other side of the coin...in the apartment building where my Daughter lives there is a young woman that is a paraplegic...she has a youngster that is about 2 years old. She has one of the older manual wheel chairs and I watched her wheeling herself and the child all over the compound...lots of difficulty. Several of us approached her and asked if she would be offended if we saw what we could do about getting a nice used motorized chair for her....she was very tearful but said she would really like having one. We did some shopping around and some wheeling and dealing and came up with a nice used chair with new batteries, etc. She really got around well with it and it looked so much easier with the youngster....then one day I noticed she was in the old manual chair...I asked if there was a problem with the motorized chair and she started to cry.....her unemployed husband (long term unemployed) had sold it and bought a new TV set and one of those things where players can play games like tennis, etc. That moron is a typical metrosexual...not a man and deserves a place in hell. The woman was really upset but begged us not to say anything to him as she feared his anger...What the hell do you do in a case like that? I know what I wanted to do but we tried and frankly that's their life...would I tolerate seeing him abuse her? Not for one minute but he was not involved in the motorized wheel chair and it's not our place to take him on for being a jerk.

There are people on this board that are executive white collar types, hard core bikers, all sorts of blue collar workers, all sorts of accountants, sales people, etc...we all got a place here....I was raised by ranchers and cattle traders..my Grandad was killed in the Denver Stockyards at age 72 breaking a horse to use in the yards. My Dad was a cattleman and farmer and was a gentle and caring man that respected other people and had much respect..even mine. I raised my kids (3 of them in their 50's) the way I was raised and my Wife was raised in a similar manner and the kids knew they couldn't "run to Mom" if Dad was involved in punishment for bad behavior. Each of the kids and their kids were raised to respect elders...to have a work ethic (no, not just hard but smart as well as to how they did their work)....my Kids went through the 60's without being draft dodging liberal punks..They did their share...whatever that amounted to at the time and still do.
The lace panty liberal punks that suck on the teats of humanity and demand their rights make me puke. Remember an old man isn't tough enough to defend himself any more...he won't be able to hurt you but if you get him riled up enough something bad might happen. I live in a city that is loaded with sissy punks...regardless of their sexual preference, etc and also has a good share of hard working and respectful "citizens"...I try not to judge a book by it's cover but ear rings and pierced body parts are hard to overlook..but that's my problem...unless the guy (or gal) has a job and is working to be a contributor...I despise "takers" and have respect for contributors.

dtknowles
07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
1No, Charlie, I would not let my wife carry that propane cylinder...and yet I am a paper pusher...that was the point. there is no correlation between a sissy/woosy....etc and a paper pusher or a keyboard puncher.

I would certainly let my girl friend carry a propane cylinder but I would expect to carry it myself. If she wants to carry it, I better not try to stop her. Does that make me a sissy/woosy. I did have to stop my deceased wife from trying such things as they were against doctor's orders but sometimes that resulted in heated discussion. I am attracted to strong and often stubborn women. I open or hold doors for all manner of folks and when we are on a Date, I open the car door for her. If I did it for a simple trip to the store I would get rolled eyes at the least.

I get the creeps around sissy boys of any age, always have.

Tim

scottiemom
07-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Not all women vote with their emotion, just like not all men vote with intelligence. Just sayin...

runfiverun
07-11-2013, 07:11 PM
I do math in my head...but that's not the point...the people who cut your check use a calculator....what I'm saying is you need the paper pusher and keyboard punchers and they need you.

I guess i'll find out when I go back to work.
seeing as how my income is zero right now it don't take much poking or pushing to click out nothing.

leeggen
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I think a few on here will remember the saying"free love and flower power". It came from a time when the United States was in great termoil. A war was being foght that to some made sense and to others it made no sense. Well guess what those that it made no sense to won out. At that time I was in the Navy for 4 yrs. 1970 to 1974. I am proud of it and those that served are also proud of their service time. It taught alot to us as to respect, I have your back, Honor to GOD and COUNTRY. If you were gay no one new it, you still done your job and I done mine- called team work. I remember in the 60's and 70's Doctors were preaching if your pattle your kids they will be mentally harmed for life. Well the Docs were right alot of kids werent punished for their indicressions.( I remember they used that word to) Nothing kids did was a punishable offence, they were to be negoteated with. If you all remember the 60's and 70's was when everything changed. Politics- Schools- churches- Boys Clubs -Girls Clubs-Parents- Military- all the rules changed and you were no longer allowed to hit someone even when you were hit first. You both get 3 days out of school( which is what kids want anyway) Our whole social order was changed in the Veinam war ara.
My Parents kicked my butt when I done wrong and patted me on the back when I excelled over and above. To that I have thanked they BOTH! My 3 boys were raised in a split home not my choice But they know hard work and manors and politeness.
Rant over Thank you,
CD in TN

7Acres
07-11-2013, 09:00 PM

I'm going to print this out and hang it in my shop. 100% Wisdom.

opos
07-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Wanted to add something to the thread. For some years now a group of men that have fished offshore waters around San Diego have taken 2 groups of folks fishing...first group is returning Warriors from Camp Pendleton and there aren't any sissy boys there...but this is about the other group...these are inner city kids from about 8 to about 12..boys and girls....have lived in the San Diego area for a long time and most have not ever been on the water or fishing. Mostly Hispanic and from some of the tougher schools in the South Bay area near the border. When they get on the boat there is the normal cockiness...boys showing off for girls, etc....but pretty soon the "hispanic" upbringing begins to show. After they have huffed and puffed they are really good about doing what they are told...most are polite...most eager to learn and by the end of the day both boys and girls are having a great time and no hassles to anyone. We have also take some kids from the very wealthy area on occasion and I'd rather have a root canal....gimme this..gimmme that...bait my hook...get my fish...etc...they seldom if ever said thank you and just bitched about everything. My layman's opinion is that even with all their faults and even with all the lack of material things...lots of the Hispanic kids had been raised by families that demanded respect and obedience for the most part while the "born with the silver spoon kids" had never had anyone say no and had picked up after them all their lives and had no idea how to be respectful.

I'm not hot on a Country full of illegals and the gang bangers...of any color or background are a real blight on cities...but many of the little Hispanic kids have gotten a good upbringing at home where love and discipline go hand in hand...We don't take the "upper class" kids any more...it's too much difficulty...their parents drop them and we are just baby sitters...we could be bowling, skiing, fishing or climbing trees..it would be the same.

Just 2 cents worth on a little social studies experiment

tinsnips
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM
This a great thread there is some very good wisdom here tonight. My wife would carry the propane tank any day of the week an not saying a word she works very hard as most people where I live do . We both work long hours 6 days a week so that being said we both do anything that needs doing. Our four kids are all successful I think dew to the fact they were all taught to work hard for what they have ,be honest ,an be happy with what they have. Most people growing up in western North Dakota are this way! By the way I always hold the door for ladies my father taught me that 57 years ago . I know having a good family life has made a large difference raising good kids, we have been married for 35 years to each other. It also helps she like guns.

waksupi
07-12-2013, 12:34 AM
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.”

Robert Heinlein

Adam10mm
07-12-2013, 12:47 AM
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.”

Robert Heinlein
I don't mess with water so no ships, can't focus on math so no designing or building walls but balancing accounts is simple enough, hate poems, programming is for nerds. Other than that, I have it covered pretty well.

Blacksmith
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Robert Heinlein

I grok in fullness.

coblake
07-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Ha, Waksupi, that has been my signature since I signed up here. Still working on conning a ship...and dying gallantly...

dakotashooter2
07-12-2013, 06:04 PM
There are things a "single sex marriage" or single parent family cannot or do not teach a kid. ALL kids benefit from both male and female influence in a family. When that isn't there they miss out on something. Those influences or lack of, may not always be obvious but they ARE there........

FYI ...I was bullied in school and handled it in two ways...... I never gave the bully any satisfaction...or made friends with someone tougher than the bully.......... either way I got results...........

Echo
07-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I can't do (haven't tried) all those things, but Far Be It From Me, to disagree w/Heinlein.

TXGunNut
07-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Had to laugh, teaser on Esquire magazine cover: "How To Be A Real Man in 2013". When I start looking for tips in that magazine full of pretty boys I hope someone kicks me.

MaryB
07-13-2013, 12:18 AM
I was sitting in the gun shop last week yakking with the owner. Couple of the other regulars were hanging out talking too. I had just dropped off some bullets I had cast when this thing walks in the door. He starts off bragging about shooting an AR and wanting one as we are talking lead for casting. He notices the bullets and mentions he would never mess with that, to dirty. He looked at one of the guys and said you must have made these. The regular looked at him and said no she did and the dudes jaw dropped. He couldn't believe I could work with dirty molten lead and cast bullets. Then he really didn't believe me when I pointed out the Mosin I was thinking of adding to my other 2 Mosins. He said no way you shoot that thing... I handed it to him and he promptly dropped it because it was to heavy. I have no clue where he came from but it sure wasn't local. He was dressed like a cross between Richard Simmons and some Wall Street exec.

Nickle
07-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Hey, not every male Prius owner is a metrosexual.

Some of us buy one because they get good mileage.

And, mine is unusual, it's probably the only Prius in the state with veteran's plates. I do have to find a real good pro-gun, pro-conservative bumper sticker. Too many limp wristed idiots have mistaken us for a couple of liberals. Right up until I start talking guns.

Mary, good to hear you put that city putz in his place. An AR was probably all the recoil he could stand. Me, I've fired mine with the butt against my crotch, and much later with the butt against my lips and chin. Did it to prove the tiny recoil from an AR won't hurt a new shooter, if they apply a little brains.

Blacksmith
07-13-2013, 01:31 AM
In defense of the pantywaists. Some of those "guys" just have never been around the influence of a real man before. Some you can start down the long road to manhood by mentoring them and although I doubt they will ever become MEN they will be a lot less "girly".

grumman581
07-13-2013, 05:15 AM
Hey, not every male Prius owner is a metrosexual.

Some of us buy one because they get good mileage.

You're right... Not every Prius owner is a leftist metrosexual... Just like not every guy who wears white sheets and a hood is a member of the Klan... I'm sure that there are some guys who just like to wear the white sheets and the hood because it is more practical in hot weather or something... :)

On the other hand, the VW Golf TDI (diesel) that I bought my daughter for when she goes off to college gets an average of 40 mpg between highway and city driving without having to worry about a potentially expensive battery replacement in the future. It's not uncommon to get 50 mpg when driving strictly on the highway when the traffic is not going over 65 mph. On trips where the prevailing traffic speed is 80 or so, it drops down to around 42-45 mpg. Of course, my pickup gets 12 or so mpg with this damn ethanol contaminated fuel that we have around here...

Curlymaple42
07-13-2013, 07:08 AM
We have a prius. Great gas mileage. It balances out my F250 crew cab pickup! Lol!

Curlymaple42
07-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Hey Nickle, my dad in law has a prius with veterans plates here in Maine! He is a way conservative gun owner too.

Love Life
07-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Nissan Frontier gets about 20 MPG highway with a good tail wind. However; I have irrefutable proof that a Nissan Frontier can travers a 60 degree grade at 40 MPH without rolling over. True story, but I digress.

I saw it posted here an just wanted to point it out. If you come across a girly man, then talk to them. Maybe try and teach them some things. With the divorce rate as high as it is, and the preference of the court system to grant custody to the mother, I bet a bunch of these men grew up without a strong male role model. Uncle bob leaving at breakfast does not count...

Are you man enough to teach them something? Even if it is the smallest of lessons?

To all the old people :bigsmyl2: , I have said it before. My generation and Generation Z still need you. Walk out on us/them if you want, but don't cry like girly men when you see the country continue to swirl down the toilet.

pmer
07-13-2013, 11:21 AM
My work truck is a new F150 with a V8 and it averages 18.3 MPG. and it has good power too.

Blacksmith and Love Life are correct, there are too many single moms out there. We had a single mom with a boy and a girl in our life for bit. I was showing him how to fix his bicycle and etc. I think about them ocassionaly. She left in huff because our van got scratched and we asked about it. It wasn't that big of a deal to me but what's done is done.

Back in the day, dating single moms.. dang, for every good one..

I'm 47 and I walked to school up hill both ways while getting chased by wolves in chest deep snow.. it wasn't that bad till late winter when the snow was hard enough for the wolves stay on top. As far as the job making the metrosexual, I think they're made before they are old enough to work.

samwithacolt
07-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Society is trying to pervert what and how God made us. My boy will be two in a couple of weeks and we're off to the range today to mine for lead.

jcwit
07-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Any of you seen the latest "Mens Warehouse" add? A bunch of skinney guys standing around in their underwear? Thats gonna replace "You're going to like the way you look,, I guarantee it".

Ya, OK smooch it up boys.

Cosmiceyes
07-16-2013, 03:02 AM
I was sitting in the gun shop last week yakking with the owner. Couple of the other regulars were hanging out talking too. I had just dropped off some bullets I had cast when this thing walks in the door. He starts off bragging about shooting an AR and wanting one as we are talking lead for casting. He notices the bullets and mentions he would never mess with that, to dirty. He looked at one of the guys and said you must have made these. The regular looked at him and said no she did and the dudes jaw dropped. He couldn't believe I could work with dirty molten lead and cast bullets. Then he really didn't believe me when I pointed out the Mosin I was thinking of adding to my other 2 Mosins. He said no way you shoot that thing... I handed it to him and he promptly dropped it because it was to heavy. I have no clue where he came from but it sure wasn't local. He was dressed like a cross between Richard Simmons and some Wall Street exec. I busted out laughing when I envisioned this happening. Glad no one heard me. Had to tell you it is so true,and so funny. At the range the verbal snortal when seen is "How prissy the A R!" They looked around confused as everyone turns away!

Curlymaple42
07-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Wife had a gay aunt with a partner. They got a turkey baster son. I tell ya, if he ain't am example of needing a heterosexual role model in his life i don't know what is. He craves guy time! Like loading ammo, fishing, going to the range, hanging out in Cabelas, etc.

Blacksmith
07-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Sounds like there is hope for him. Don't let them turn him to the dark side.

KCSO
08-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I had to bring it back...

The site reports that Welter told police she and her boyfriend went to a Scottsdale bar to celebrate her birthday and had been dating for six months. The report states that they later argued over past relationships and “a police report says Welter hit, scratched and pulled the hair of her unidentified boyfriend.”

What kind of a man would even admit to this????

BAGTIC
08-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Why is it any of YOUR business?

Hamish
08-06-2013, 01:45 AM
....then one day I noticed she was in the old manual chair...I asked if there was a problem with the motorized chair and she started to cry.....her unemployed husband (long term unemployed) had sold it and bought a new TV set and one of those things where players can play games like tennis, etc.

and the situation has not been addressed? really??

MaryB
08-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Happened again today, I was buying a complete AR-15 lower and some dude asked if my boyfriend was getting it to build. I ignored him and proceeded to discuss what barrels were good, what hand guard I wanted etc.

Alvarez Kelly
08-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Why the Hell is it any of YOUR business?

What are you talking about? Where do sissy men come from? Without a quote, your statement doesn't have context and really doesn't make any sense.

Jammersix
08-07-2013, 05:36 AM
It made perfect sense to me.

bbs70
08-07-2013, 12:41 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/gopherdust/My%20Stuff/imagesCAW5F8TG.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/gopherdust/media/My%20Stuff/imagesCAW5F8TG.jpg.html)

popper
08-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Where do sissy men come from Same place as 'sissy' women. Reading through Dad's family history. James (Ohio) had 11 kids, didn't survive the Civil war. Wife had to pack up what they had left & moved to Great Bend Kansas, where they nearly starved living in sod huts. Thomas was a blacksmith that was a 49er, returned to Ohio, had 12 kids. Francisco (Frank), his oldest married Sarah, James's oldest. They then moved to north Mo. No complaints written about no Lexus, cell phone, indoor plumbing, walking barefoot on dirt roads, hair is a mess -- well you get the idea. I'm sure we all have a history like this. But Modern Women are raising the kids now. Any attempt to change this is met with great resistance from the Gov., schools & churches. As a side note, the 50/50 community property law is from a Spanish gal the King lusted over, she got him to make the law before she would marry him. Not in Scripture ANYWHERE.