PDA

View Full Version : Golden Era cigar/cigarette/pipe lighters

Naphtali
07-09-2013, 11:56 AM
FYI.

While my cigar consumption is fewer than 20/year - egregiously good taste translates to bankruptcy were my consumption to rise - I keep a lighter on me all the time. I do not care for butane lighters. Zippos lose fuel at a high rate, and everybody has one.

I recently saw a "neat-o" Imco lighter and was favorably impressed. When I attempted to buy a new one, I discovered Imco is out of business. New Old Stock and well maintained used Imcos' price range is between high and you-must-be-joking. . . . I found a source for New Old Stock Model 6700s, Imco's top of the line "neat-o" style and ordered six.

For anyone who has interest, I spoke with Gerald at Charley's Surplus in Chicago http://www.charleyssurplus.com/. Their price for each is $5.95. I have no idea how many they have in stock. But whatever that number is, when the supply is exhausted, that's that.

WILCO
07-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Duly noted. Thanks for the link.

waksupi
07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
How wind proof are they? I seem to vaguely remember having one of those many years ago.

Naphtali
07-13-2013, 06:23 PM
How wind proof are they? I seem to vaguely remember having one of those many years ago.Ric:

I'll be calling to arrange a visit in the near future. I'll bring one or two with me.