PDA

View Full Version : Bright Orange Nail polish!

1Shirt
07-08-2013, 12:12 PM
My range box includes a bottle of bright orange nail polish (iridescent). I have found it improves me seeing my front sight on open sighted rifles. It also works on tightly seating loose screws. And even if it looks a little odd on the body, it covers up and smothers chiggers. Probably other uses for it that I don't know about it, but it sits in my range box right next to a little bottle of EdsRed, and a little bottle of Kroil.
1Shirt!:coffee:

WILCO
07-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Duly noted.

Jim
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
One shirt, you got anything that would match a yellow Hawiian shirt? [smilie=1:

376Steyr
07-08-2013, 12:45 PM
If you go into a wholesale beauty suppy store you can find any color of nail polish in the rainbow, plus some colors not found in nature. If you go further into the store, you'll find some bleaches, solvents, and other chemicals that might have some interesting hobby uses.

blackthorn
07-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Nail polish from the dollar store is cheap and does all the same things the more expensive kind will! Comes in many colors as well, just take your pick. Makes a great way to ID heavy, moderate and light loads on finished ammunition, just use three colors on/around the primers. This waterproofs them at the same time.

mt bwana
07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
hot pink is my color it realy stands out walmart

1Shirt
07-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Jim, How about a grass skirt and a pineapple?
1Shirt!

jsizemore
07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I use a blood red nail polish with metal flakes in it to seal trigger adjustment screws as my identifying "mark".

DeanWinchester
07-08-2013, 03:40 PM
One shirt, you got anything that would match a yellow Hawiian shirt? [smilie=1:

You need some fancy nail polish to go with them britches there fancy pants!

Dale in Louisiana
07-08-2013, 03:56 PM
"Ho-dog red" used to be the official color to mark your sights on military marksmanship squads back in the day of the Garand an M-14.

By way of information, you want the cheapest stuff you can find. The more expensive ones have all sorts of additives to make them gentler on the nails. I had that explained to me by a female, just in case you're wondering.

dale in Louisiana

cephas53
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
You know you live in the boonies when you check out with bright nail polish, and the young female clerk looks at you and asks, is it for pistol or rifle sights. LOL

Jim
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
You need some fancy nail polish to go with them britches there fancy pants!

Keep on, Dean. I'm gonna let the cat outa' th' bag.:popcorn:

blademasterii
07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
I have the bright orange and right next to it is neon green. Back sights are green, front sight is orange. That is on my carry pistol. I can no longer see the sights either and i'm only 32.

Huskerguy
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Great! I like the chartreuse green against the black bulls eye targets - not that I can hit them, but it does look nice anyway! Nice to know the young ladies' demand for bright colors has some advantages for us older shooters. :mrgreen:

JeffinNZ
07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah, right. So you can have nail polish but as soon as I put on a pair of purple longjohns.......

Jim
07-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah, right. So you can have nail polish but as soon as I put on a pair of purple longjohns.......

You can have either one. When you have BOTH, that's when we REALLY start talkin'! :shock: :holysheep

:groner:

runfiverun
07-08-2013, 08:50 PM
littlegirl has a yellow that would match that Hawaiian shirt perfectly.
well maybe not quite that bright but real close.

enfield
07-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Jim is your avatar a picture of Magnum P.I. ??

Jim
07-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah, that's what it is, Magnum, PI. And the top of that handrail is four feet high. :kidding: :bigsmyl2:

KCSO
07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
How well I remember the days of keeping a carbide sight blackener in the shooting box, now I too have to have a bright colour. I also prefer nal polish for setting screws as it doesn't set up as tight as locktite and you don't have to heat the screw to get it off. I do still use the blackener on the target peeps on my Martini target rifle, but I can only shoot that in good light.

41 mag fan
07-09-2013, 10:49 AM
I wanna see Jim with those pants and shirt on and a pineapple on his head do a you tube dance like they do in Hawaii.

I seen a black girl a few weeks ago with that orange nail polish on. I bet her fingernails were everybit of 4" long. How in the heck do you do anything with nails that long??
But boy that polish stood out 100 ft away!!

runfiverun
07-09-2013, 11:33 AM
it's gotta be hard to dial up the dominoes on the obamaphone with nails like that.

km101
07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I used to keep an aerosol can of sight black in my range bag. Now it shares space with bright orange nail polish and bright green. Also some red for the days I think I can see it.

I broke out the nail polish at the range the other day, thinking I might get embarrassed, and two people asked to use it. I don't feel bad about carrying nail polish in my range bag any more!

1Shirt
07-09-2013, 01:25 PM
KCSO, well remember the days when we all used carbide. Gotta be well over 50 or more to remember that. Probably more like 60 come to think of it. And I agree it is easier to unscrew screws that have been nail polished than those locked down with Locktite.
1Shirt!

Cosmiceyes
07-09-2013, 01:36 PM
OK,so getting into fishing,and shooting sports "sissified"us all! I use a clear on my (Hand Tied)fly heads. I use clear on my gun threads. I use clear on my fishing reel threads. I use clear on my RC trucks threads!"AND"now I'm using clear in a open thread on here. Can't see the sissy in me yet.The color I use for the range to see my sights better is:
So does the "blue"make me left coast sissy enough now? :)'s

41 mag fan
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
it's gotta be hard to dial up the dominoes on the obamaphone with nails like that.

She had a sugar daddy with her......he had to be 65 yrs old, she was maybe in her 30's. No obamaphone needed till he's hit the dirt!!