PDA

View Full Version : new member and new to casting

coalgeo
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
After a 30 year hiatus from casting (my Dad said - if you want to shoot :Fire: - you have to cast and reload your own!) I have bought a Lee production pot, dusted off Dad's two Lyman sizers (45? and a 450) and would like some advice on background reading. I have Veral Smith's book and the latest Lyman book. Any others?
Greg

Adam10mm
10-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum! I got an early Lyman book and their 3rd edition. They need to put another one out soon. It's been 27 years since the last one. Lots of cartridges have been designed since, like 10mm, 40S&W, 32H&R mag, etc.

Bass Ackward
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Advise on reading?

This Site contains information and more good lies ( :grin: ) told over and over again.

If you look at the top bar you will see a search feature that can give you access to almost any subject you desire if you feel uncomfortable about asking.

If you want to ask, do so. Someone will answer up I am sure.

Welcome to the board.

Buckshot
10-04-2007, 01:11 AM
............coalgeo, a big welcome to the board, and welcome back into the fold :-)! The Lyman Cast Boolit manual is about the best for general info. If you can scrounge up a copy of E.H. Harrison's NRA cast boolit publication, I'd also suggest that.

..............Buckshot

IcerUSA
10-04-2007, 12:46 PM
The latest Lee loading book is good also as is the Lyman Cast Bullet book, also have the Lyman Reloading book and the Hornady 2 Vol. set, have also lookat a couple from the Library. Haven't found any of the older books in this area, Central Michigan but I keep looking :) . And as said before use the search function here, lots of info for us cast boolit freaks ;). Also welcome back to casting and welcome to the board.

:castmine: so I can :Fire:

Keith