PDA

View Full Version : Moving

woody1
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
It’s almost “official.” Today we signed the closing papers on our “new to us” place. It'll be ours on Friday.

After 15 years, and retirement 3 years ago, it’s time to move on. We’ll be moving about 100 miles further West and even closer (mighty awful close) to the PRK. We will be much closer to our mountain places and will have more acreage and part of it is irrigated. Packing up and moving our belongings will take a while and we’ll prob’ly be getting rid of some stuff that we don’t want to move. Some of it will be listed here. Regards, Woody

kodiak1
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Good luck with the moving Woody1. God I hate moving hopefully the next one I do is heels first with two guys packing me out on a stretcher.
You really find out how much stuff you really have accumulated over the years.
Ken.

monadnock#5
10-03-2007, 07:32 AM
It's amazing how much junk one can accumulate in a lifetime, and nothing hammers it home like having to pack it all into boxes and load them into a U-haul. Best of luck Woody. There's a silver stream waiting for you up in those mountains.

PatMarlin
10-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey Woody- good luck on the new place.

We just bought a place up in Happy Camp, just 30 miles south of O'Brian and the boarder. You anywhere near there?

Single Shot
10-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Enjoy the retirement.

Nothing like moving t discover all the stuff you have stashed about the house.

PatMarlin
10-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh lord... when we finally made the move out of the city, I had (have) my own 18' van body box on a Zieman goose neck trailer, and I dumped of load, after load up here.

I had a nice 25x35' shop back there and nothin but a barn with the 1/2 the roofs caved in up here. I'm still way short of space 8 years latter, but we're gettin' there.

Typecaster
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Congratulations!

My wife thinks we'll never be able to move because of all the ballast I've accumulated over the past 35 years...a complete woodworking shop with stationary tools, my inventory of oak (one of those deals that was too good to pass up), three lathes, forge, anvil, blacksmith's post vises, my books from the 1700s and 1800s alone fill one room of the guest house...we don't even talk about the "modern" books. Of course, then there's all the detritis of this hobby...not to mention a not-too-small stash of pure, WWs, and lino...

She's going to have a mess if I go belly up soon.

woody1
10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Patrick, our new place is between Klamath Falls and Merrill, Oregon. Long ways from Happy Camp and O'Brian. I'll be moving out of my 28x40' shop into....the machine shed I guess for openers. :roll: BUT my wife is finally getting her house and a happy wife is a good thing. :-D Long term plans are to build a new shop but who knows, mebe I'll remodel the machine shed and the barn. Regards, Woody

45nut
10-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Should be a great place Woody, if I had to choose another region of Orygun other than Central it would be right there.
1/2 of my family tree came out on the Orygun Trail in 1846 and settled a homestead near Glide. It is really pretty down there but I will stick it out here on the dry side NE of Bend. Sure beats my time on the n coast.

beagle
10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Boy, I don't envy you that task. I just got done relocating in May of this year. The good news is that I got two barns and a reloading shed out of the deal for storage so I'm able to spread out a bit from a two car garage.......and 53 acres of "shooteable" land to play on.
The biggest problem is keeping track of everything during the move. I lost a plastic box of drill bits (my only supply) and a .32 Mag Ruger SS. I finally found both after several months of head scratching and calling myself a dumb ass.

The real headache was all those buckets of WWs and ammo cans of brass. I got a barn that will never blow off the foundation as it's loaded down with ingots. The timbers may go but the rest will be there.

Good luck on the move and the new place./beagle

JeffinNZ
10-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what is "PRK"?

I too am moving house soon and must say I am not looking forward to moving all my shootin' stuff.

woody1
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what is "PRK"?

I too am moving house soon and must say I am not looking forward to moving all my shootin' stuff.

Jeff, the PRK is that country south of me where some of our members live. The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Seems I keep getting closer. Regards, Woody

modoc
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey Woody,

Welcome to the State of Jefferson:mrgreen:! Is there anything closer to you than the Klamath Sportsmens Park west of Keno? How about the Honkers, are they flying yet? I am hoping to have a trip to Leauge of Nations coming this winter if SWMBO and my li'll helper let me[smilie=1:.

Good luck with finding everything, we still have boxes loaded from the last moove.

PatMarlin
10-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Yes we are in the State of Jefferson. Never really liked that PRK thing... that is Sacramento, and San Fran Sico down on south.. :roll:

Dep AL and Buckshot are stuck down there, but they get to go to burrito shoots so it's all good.. :mrgreen:

floodgate
10-05-2007, 02:03 AM
State of Jefferson! The only thing that keeps us from breaking California into two separate states is that the Southrons insist WE have to take Sacramento; and WE say THEY ought to be stuck with it.

floodgate

modoc
10-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought that it was the City, County and Peoples Republic of San Francisco that the argument was over[smilie=1:

floodgate
10-05-2007, 11:03 PM
modoc:

Naaah! Sam Francisco is south of Sacramental; if we can unload that one, SF goes too - natch. We'll offer Marin County to them to sweeten the deal. From your handle, sounds like you're in the GOOD part of the state. I'm inland a few miles, just S. of Mendocino, but inland is mostly logging and pig-hunting (and, lately, too much of the KKK! Huh, KKK??? Yep, the "kreeping kalifornia kudzu" = grapevines).

floodgate

floodgate

PatMarlin
10-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Your county touches my county on the south FG.

Part of the great "Emerald Triangle".. :mrgreen: