PDA

View Full Version : help viewing pictures on kindle fire from photo bucket

Marvin S
07-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I know this has been an older problem but I'm finally fed up with it and wanted to see if there is a fix for it. About half the pictures posted on forums seem to be from photo bucket and all I see is a little box with a question mark in it. It seems that some of them are able to be clicked and then viewed once it goes to photo bucket but there has to be a better way??

dolang1
07-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks for asking this question. I use a Kindle Fire almost exclusively. I turn the stand-alone computer on about once a month.

SciFiJim
07-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Is there a setting somewhere that says "load pictures automatically".

That's what I had to do to see the pictures on my smart phone while browsing the forums.

I probably did something similar on my computer, but it has been too long to remember.

Marvin S
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Jim, I'll take a look for that. From what I've read it's something to do with android and photo bucket. It wouldn't be so bad to click the question mark to see the pictures but most times it opens up a stupid video add.

SciFiJim
07-06-2013, 02:32 AM
For my android phone I use Dolphin browser. The setting is under settings|web content| load images.

The choices are:

Always on
Always off
Show in WIFI

Do you know what web browser is used on your Kindle?

Marvin S
07-06-2013, 11:38 AM
It uses Silk as a browser. I dont see the options you mentioned.

dragon813gt
07-06-2013, 11:57 AM
This isn't Kindle related. But people need to learn how to properly link pictures with the [ img ] tag. Photobucket even gives you the link to copy and paste. People link them as a URL which for Tapatalk means when I click to expand I have to go to the photobucket site instead of staying in tapatalk and being able to expand the picture. Sorry for the rant as its off topic. But viewing pics isn't just a problem on the Kindle.

Marvin S
07-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I did find more settings under a little icon that looks like an air vent grate. Load pics automatically is checked, so I googled the problem for the tenth time and may have it somewhat solved. If you run into these pictures you can't view, click the airvent thing and thumb down to (view mobile page) then go back and refresh your screen. The pictures should work now. Thanks for taking your time to post on this issue guys.

SciFiJim
07-06-2013, 10:41 PM
You might consider changing to another browser. I found an article that would be worth considering.

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2012/01/07/seven-alternate-web-browsers-for-kindle-fire-amazon-silk-needs-work/ (http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2012/01/07/seven-alternate-web-browsers-for-kindle-fire-amazon-silk-needs-work/)

Marvin S
07-06-2013, 11:29 PM
I may look into that Jim. It's kind of a pain to keep switching from mobile to desktop just to look at pictures depending on where they are stored.

dolang1
07-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Fixed it. I went to that radiator looking vent -settings -enable flash -always on. Now when I see the blue ?, I.click it and it brings up the picture. Thanks for your help.