PDA

View Full Version : Lubing Lee moulds

Joel Chavez
10-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't have any commercial lube on hand for some Lee moulds I have. What can I use to prevent damage to the moulds? Thanks.

klausg
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Joel-
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and get some of Bullshop's Sprue Plate Lube. One bottle will probably last your lifetime, provided you don't spill it (I've got the tee-shirt, twice [smilie=1:). For more info/testimonials do a search on it, there are a couple of stickies on the subject.

-Klaus

Buckshot
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Joel-
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and get some of Bullshop's Sprue Plate Lube. One bottle will probably last your lifetime, provided you don't spill it (I've got the tee-shirt, twice [smilie=1:). For more info/testimonials do a search on it, there are a couple of stickies on the subject.

-Klaus

..............Ditto what Klaus said. Do it. Do it now. Do NOT delay. It's the most amazing stuff! I ran something like 178 lbs of lead through 3 Lee moulds and an alum NEI over 2 days of casting 58 caliber Minie' boolits. Pure lead with the pot set as high as it would go, running close to 900 degrees and casting as fast as the sprue set up. I used BUllshop lube on them for the first time and the difference was amazing.

Those Lee Minie' moulds handle their vertical alignment via a belt on the core pin that mates to a groove in each block. Operation was slick and effortless.

PssssssT, get 2 bottles :-)

..................Buckshot

Joel Chavez
10-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot. Ha, I made a joke.:-D

Springfield
10-02-2007, 12:03 AM
And after you get it put it in some sort of bottle that has a small pour spout on it, like a BP lube bottle or something. I am on my third bottle. Some of the first 2 actually made it onto a mould before I knocked them over. Stuff works great, just spills to darn easy.

MT Gianni
10-02-2007, 09:18 AM
When you open it put the bottle in a shallow dish and use only the amount that stuck to the top of the lid. If it spills it's already in a container. Gianni