PDA

View Full Version : Black Hills subsonic

Jim
10-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Had a customer last night ask about Black Hills subsonic .308 Win. Ammo. Y'all ever heard of it? I can't find it in the ballistics manuals or on Black Hills' site.

Bret4207
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
No idea about it. What in the world would he want it for? Oh wait- I'll bet he's got a supressor or is trying to make one. I read something about that in " Tactical Combat and Really Cool Black Plastic Special Weapons for Law Enforcement and Extreme Tactical Trout Fishing" last month.....

RU shooter
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
It possibly not listed due to LE restricted or something along those lines, But Why bother. Tell your customer 180 gr. boolit and 5 grs. of bullseye work wonderfully:)

Jim
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Bret,
He said he had a signature suppression system permit and wanted to hunt white tails on property in close proximity to residences.

RU,
I thought about that, but after talking with him a few minutes, I realized this was NOT the guy to send home with Cast Boolits recipes. He didn't know a neck sizing die from a F/L, questioned why there were only 2 dies in a rifle set and thought the SEE phenomenon was something NASA discovered.