PDA

View Full Version : Friends, who needs them

starmac
06-30-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a friend staying with us for the summer. He comes up and works every summer from Texas. I also have another friend that is a certified gun nut, that keeps his guns here. He is from Idaho, but they work together and are both friends. Now sometimes I buy a gun or three and don't mention it to the little wife, if she doesn't see me bring it (or them) in, and she knows this and knows if she notices a strange one and ask about it I will tell her. lol This happened friday evening when she found out about a couple that I picked up thursday. Both of these friends were here, and one was looking at a guide gun that I had picked up earlier in the week and tried to hide it when she walked in. She asked if I had bought another gun, and I said that ins the one I bought monday (she already knew about this one) so she dinked around for a minute or two then asked if I was sure I hadn't bought another one, so I showed her the two newest ones. lol She jokingly (I think) told me no more for the rest of the month. lol

Now this is where good friends come in. I was gone to an auction when friend #1 one gets off work, friend # 2 had bought a marlin 30/06 and was going fishing when he got off work. He didn't want to leave the gun in his pickup at the boat launch, so asked #2 (notice no friend in front of #2) to bring his gun to my house for him. I was not here when friend #2 comes in with the rifle and the wife ask if he had gotten a new gun (not unusual) and he tells her no that this was one that I had bought and hid in his pickup for a day or two. lol

By the time I come home I had a wife with the mad woman disease, which just might be like that dreaded mad cow disease. lol When she told me what she was mad about, I went along and didn't deny it, as I saw the 06 leaning against the wall and had an idea of what was going on.
LIKE I SAID WHO NEEDS FRIENDS. lol

possom813
06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Looks to me like you got a pass for a new .30-06 :kidding:

starmac
06-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Shhhhh, That is already in the works. lol

DLCTEX
07-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Don't you just love how friends will help you OUT?

w5pv
07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Honey,I have had that for a good while you just haven't noticed.This is the line I have been using for 49 years and 7 months,she probley knows better but doesn't push the issue.

starmac
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
What she thought she was mad about, was that I supposedly tried to hide it from her. lol

prsman23
07-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah. I have been guilty of sneaking in a few here and there. What I found out is that she's decidedly angrier if I hide it. If I walk in with it and just rolls here eyes. Unless it was the month I bought 17 lol. Then she was down right pissed. :-)

bikerbeans
07-01-2013, 02:00 PM
When the wife catches me with a new (to me) gun I just tell her it is for her. She likes to shoot so this worked fine until the day she caught me with a 416 Rigby. She weighs 118 pounds and I just couldn't convince her she really needed a African dangerous game rifle.

BB

starmac
07-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Bikerbeans, that doesn't work around here. I tried that in 77 on our first anniversary with a 10/22. She still claims it. lol

About a month ago i had already bought several guns one week and walked in with a 357 (I have always shot 44) so I told her it was for her. lol a couple days later I started out with it and got the what do you think your doing with my gun thing. lo Then when I brought it back and put it up, she informed me that that was not where she kept it, to put it back where I got it. lol SHE never forgets. lol

On the plus side though. I picked up a 45/70 he other day, and she said that I messed up my anniversary present as that was what she had planned to get me this year, soooo I think I will keep her at least a little while longer. lol

41 mag fan
07-01-2013, 03:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.....Thanks for the good laugh Starmac!