PDA

View Full Version : Rummage Sale Find

jh45gun
09-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Well had a Dilema today go hunting or go to a rummage sale that advertised reloading stuff. Since a lot of rummage sales can be a crap shoot I went hunting. Got rained out came back to town and stopped at the sale. Most of the reloading stuff had gone by then and most from talking to several of the the sons who were having the sale of their dads stuff told me a lot of it was stuff I would not have bought anyway. I did however find a box of 30 cal Hornady Gas Checks for a dollar and over 400 30 cal Ideal Gas Checks in a baggie for a dollar. Half a pound of Black Powder 2 F free and 70 Hornady Round Nose 180 grain bullets for two bucks. I also bought 3 boxes of Remington 220 Grain Roundnose (2 full one partly full) that I would never use for ten bucks so I traded them in at the gun shop for a thousand large rifle primers (Winchester) and a hundred Winchester Shotgun primers. Most of the stuff I would not have bought as I would not have had the cash anyway even if I could have used it was some Mec Jr Loaders and some Molds and dies for assorted calibers. I just got two Mec Jr's from a friend in 12 guage this week so I did not need any more of them and I am getting a Lee Load All 20 guage from a friend too so I should be set now for shotgun reloading. I called a friend and he was going to the sale earlier so I asked him to look for powder, primers ect and he said they did not have any which I asked about so he did not buy anything for me. I forgot to tell him about Gas checks so I made out well getting them myself after the sale was going on for a while. With Gas Checks at the local gun shop at almost 30 bucks a thousand I figure I got 40 bucks worth of gas checks for 2 bucks. and with trading my ten dollar buy of Condom bullets for a Thousand Primers priced at 25 bucks and a hundred shotshell primers I think I did pretty good after getting rained out for hunting today.

1Shirt
09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Old Yankee saying: "Even a blind hog occaisionaly finds an acorn"! Hit a fair number of garage sales, but all I ever found was a few sets of RCBS dies that were tagged at twenty five a cy. Gotta keep looking I guess!
1Shirt!:coffee:

jh45gun
09-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Yep I figure I did ok. Been looking for rummage sales with reloading gear all summer when I had a few bucks saved up for just such an event. Just my luck they have it during hunting season when most of my extra cash goes into the gas tank to go out hunting. What few sales are left will probably be ignored unless they advertise something interesting as I cannot afford to hunt and rummage sale and hunting takes a priority.