PDA

View Full Version : Mold alignment guide for Cating Pot

harley6699
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
I am looking for ideas on building or buying mold alignment guide fo my Lee 20# pot.. I only have one eye and it is very difficult for me to align the holes in the mold up with the pour spout. My thought that if I could find a guide for the mold to sit on and align with the spout then I would be able set the mold on the guide and align it with the spout.. if anyone has one or has an idea let me know.. I have ordered a Lyman guide and I have seen other guides but most of them don't have a way of pouring ingots and when I am done casting each day I pour the ingots and clean the inside of the pot.. Thank you

harley6699
06-26-2013, 08:20 AM
One last thought if you have any pictures of your guides please post them also.. Thanks again..

bobthenailer
06-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I prefer the lyman mould guide ive used it on Saeco and RCBS casting pots ! it was a direct fit from a lyman 10 lb to a saeco 10lb pot .
For the rcbs 22 lb pot i had to drill 2 holes in the base and use 2 bolts for attachment and add some spacers to get the correct height for the lyman mould guide , i did not care for the RCBS factory mould guide . as i have alot of 4 cavity moulds as well as 5, 8 cavity saeco moulds.

detox
06-26-2013, 09:50 AM
The Lee version will work if adjusted correctly. Take your time to get it right.

Use plenty of light when casting.

Get comfortable by seating while casting.

To empty pot, I lift pot and pour remaining alloy into one pound ingots. I use welding gloves to acomplish this