PDA

View Full Version : Do any of our venders make push through sizers?

olaf455
06-25-2013, 06:52 PM
I need a .310 sizer and don't want to enlarge any of those I allready own.
Thank you in advance.
Olaf

HATCH
06-25-2013, 06:58 PM
buckshot makes lyman (I think) and lathesmith makes star type

olaf455
06-25-2013, 11:12 PM
I am actually looking for a Lee style push through sizer.

BK7saum
06-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Buckshot makes those too,I believe.

Catshooter
06-26-2013, 09:10 PM
olaf,

The Perfessor makes a gizmo that will hold your Lyman/RCBS sizing die in the 7/8 x 14 threads of your loading press, thus converting all your Lyman dies to push throughs. I like mine. :)

Cat

Andrew Mason
06-26-2013, 11:24 PM
olaf,

The Perfessor makes a gizmo that will hold your Lyman/RCBS sizing die in the 7/8 x 14 threads of your loading press, thus converting all your Lyman dies to push throughs. I like mine. :)

Cat

any pictures of this device?

I would love to see one and how it looks

2wheelDuke
06-26-2013, 11:36 PM
I don't have a picture handy of Keith's adapter as I don't have one, but I saw a friend's. You have to get the center part out of the H&I die. I found that may require a heat gun or boiling. Once you have the old lube out and the center piece out, I think the adapter has a cap that screws on/off to hold the Lyman die body captive, then that assembly screws into the press.

It seems to be nicer than the Lee push thru as it has a bit more "bearing surface" that's doing the actual sizing.

theperfessor
06-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Here is a link to the first run of these. There have been a few minor changes to the pieces to facilitate manufacturing.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?147121-Sign-Up-List-for-Nose-First-Sizer-Kit

khmer6
06-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Those look pretty cool

theperfessor
06-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Let me give you an objective appraisal.

Con: It costs more than the basic Lee sizer, so if you just need it for one or two calibers and Lee has the sizes you need then it's not a bargain.

Pro: If you already have Lyman or RCBS sizer dies and you want to use them for push through sizing then it probably a better deal. Lot more sizes available from those sources.

The folks that have bought them seem happy with their purchase. At least nobody has tried to shoot me or anything!

I have all the pieces in stock, have to make the pushrods to match the die size you plan to use.

wlc
06-27-2013, 02:51 AM
I've got a couple of push through Lee type sizers Buckshot made for me. He does good work.

dromia
06-27-2013, 04:59 AM
The Perfessors kit is first rate.

I predominately use RCBS and Lyman lubsizers and have well over 100 H&I dies, I do like to push through size for some specific applications and having to get the press type for this just meant more stuff on the shelves.

With Keith's doofur it makes the most of my H&I investment and saves duplication on the shelves, I've sold all my press type push through dies since obtaining Keiths most excellent kit.