PDA

View Full Version : M Pro 7 foaming bore cleaner

Blammer
06-25-2013, 04:19 PM
This product absolutely SUCKS eggs!

I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

I am looking for another bore cleaner to use.

Saw this at Dick's Sporting goods, picked up a bottle to try.

I have an old Spanish Mauser in 7mm that has never been cleaned I'm sure. Old Milsurp with a very dirty bore.

I tried to spray the cleaner down the barrel but the applicator nozzle was too big, so I sealed it to the muzzle as best I could and pumped it a few times. Got the stuff everywhere including the bore.

Let it soak for a min or two then pushed a clean patch through. Didn't turn blue or anyother color just came out a bit dirty. Pushed another dry clean patch in and it came out barely dirty almost clean. What?

Looked down bore, still dirty. Shot it with Wipe out and watched the gunk just pour out the barrel as I pushed a patch through. This patch came out so dirty you couldn't tell it started out as white. This was AFTER the M PRO 7 stuff.

so in my humble opinion this bore cleaner sucks. Don't buy it.

After the one treatment of Wipeout I thought I 'd try the Ballistol, soaked a patch with it ran it in the bore, let it soak then proceeded to use dry /wet patch alternating to get crud out. It appears to work some, not as agressively as Wipe out though.

Guess I'll look for more Wipe Out or another kind, as a last resort I may have to 'make my own' but I'd rather not.

tomme boy
06-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I leave it in the bore overnight. I put the muzzle down on an old sock. It always leaves the bore completely clean. Wipeout is the best, but the others work good enough if you are not in a hurry. Get the accelerator for the wipeout and try that. If you want it clean in about 2 minutes flat.

Blammer
06-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Problem with the M pro 7 is it doesn't say to leave overnight and if it was OK to do so or not. It said wait from 0-5 min then clean.

shooter93
06-25-2013, 06:28 PM
It's pretty hard to be wipe out DJ. I use the accelerator with it too. You can order it online easy enough, we usually buy it by the case. I like it because it works and you can do other things while it working. For cast it's also hard to beat Ed's Red although I mix it with out the acetone because the acetone can damage stock finishes.

upr45
06-25-2013, 08:41 PM
+1 for Wipeout, nothing seems to clean copper out like it. I also use Balistol when finished to neutralize the pH.
+1 for Ed's red on cast.