PDA

View Full Version : Cucumbers!

mroliver77
06-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I picked 8 cucumbers from my patch just now. I am eating on 2 of them as I type. Hot and moist out there. You can almost see them growing!.

The field corn is growing so fast it is making noise! I hardly slept last night.
Jay

farmerjim
06-25-2013, 02:19 PM
What else are you growing?
I just picked Yellow squash, zucchini, Cucumbers, Peppers, Tomatoes, and Eggplant.
It is so hot and humid here that everything is burning up in the field.
Two more weeks and all will be gone till Fall.

w5pv
06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
I didnot pick zuccina or eggplant but picked all the rest with okra added.

JeffinNZ
06-25-2013, 04:08 PM
I grew cucumbers for the first time this season just gone. Really good experience and definitely doing again. Got to be in the hot house though.

Rick N Bama
06-25-2013, 05:12 PM
We picked the Cucumbers yesterday morning and just an hour or so ago I came in with an arm load from the 4 plants I have.

Rick

ph4570
06-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Our garden is not doing well so far this season -- been too cool with 65 degrees and raining at the moment. I lust for fresh tomatoes and peppers.

Down South
06-26-2013, 07:34 AM
I've been picking cucumbers for over 6 weeks but they just aren't making well this year. I have an abundance of blooms but most of the blooms do not bear a baby cucumber.
I've given away more tomatoes and cayenne peppers than you could imagine. My Jalapeno peppers are doing well but just starting to bear well. I've been eating those for weeks and giving a few away. My Squash didn't do well. After two hail storms, replanting, I had a bout of Dusty Mildew. I pulled the squash and planted bell peppers. Peppers seem to be able to bear the summer heat here.

pdawg_shooter
06-26-2013, 10:16 AM
For years I planted a 75' X 120' garden. Grew and gave away lots of produce. Now, at my age, I find it way better to get what I need at the store!

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
My Tomatos are just starting to bloom.
Peppers are way behind.
the cold loving herbs are doing great,
the warm loving herbs should start doing great now that the hot humid air arrived last week.

Hickory
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Got two out of mine this morning.

oneokie
06-26-2013, 12:44 PM
My cukes are just now blooming and setting fruit. Am sick of green beans, pole and pinto, beets, (can't even give them away)

Ed Barrett
06-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Been picking peas for 2 weeks, Broccoli for a month, lots of peppers sweet gypsy type, tomatoes on all the plants but green. Habanero peppers won't even flower for another month. Got everything in late because of the wet spring, but it's doing well now.

LC Press
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
My fruit is just starting to bear. I have planted more variety than ever. My girls (7, 5, and 2 months) are wanting to sell them for extra $ so I may just build them a stand for the front of the house. I will be canning salsa, tomatoes, hot pepper spread, kraut stuffed peppers, pickles, pickled peppers, beans, and hot pepper jelly.