PDA

View Full Version : I thought that I was going crazy!!!

Abenaki
06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
I ran into a problem today that was driving me crazy!!! This may help you in the future, or maybe you have dealt with it already.

I was reloading for my 41 mag. my favorite caliber! I was loading a 195 grain cast boolit from a Lee mold....I use this boolit for most of my loads in the 41 mag.

Every thing was going ok. then about every 3rd or 4th boolit, I would get the boolit pushed in to far when I would seat it. I am talking about 1/16 of an inch! I checked and rechecked every thing.....same problem! I took the die apart and cleaned it real good......same problem!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I took a break and relaxed! I then began to think things through. Why are things changing, when I have used this RCBS die set and Lee bullet for about 30 years with no problem?

Thats when it hit me!!!!!! I got a new mold from Lee. I have been mixing my new boolits in with the ones from the old mold! The nose of the boolits from the new mold is not the same as from the old mold! The seating stem that came with the die set is connecting with the two different boolits at different spots on the boolits. Problem solved!

Take care
Abenaki

trixter
06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Ain't it great when a plan comes together? Kinda renews your faith in yourself, and humbles you all at the same time. I just love this hobby!

Abenaki
06-21-2013, 05:59 PM
It was very frustrating to say the least!
But, it did feel good to sort it all out.

Take care
Abenaki