PDA

View Full Version : Why is it.........?

trixter
06-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I am sitting here at work, and i have this strange feeling in my stomach. What is it............? I think there is something I need to be doing, Polishing brass? Lubing boolits? Sizing boolits? Lube/sizing other boolits? Reloading shells? Cleaning the bench? Oh man; I just know there is something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Can you help?

I am not sure, maybe it will come to me after you make a few suggestions.

(Suggestion not allowed: Pay attention to work.)

Shiloh
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Fixing to go to work and thinking about shooting and shooting related stuff. Are you a new caster?? If so, it's the addiction taking hold. Nothing you can do. It is what it is.

Shiloh

ACrowe25
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Fixing to go to work and thinking about shooting and shooting related stuff. Are you a new caster?? If so, it's the addiction taking hold. Nothing you can do. It is what it is.

Shiloh

quoted for truth... almost as bad as waiting to shoot a new gun!

Starvnhuntr
06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
quoted for truth... almost as bad as waiting to shoot a new gun!

Never wait! call in sick or better yet call in shooting!

mikeym1a
06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
bunches of projects around the house, and here I am getting ready to take trash to the re-cycle, and then go in search of WW's. Guess I'm addicted, too.

beppe
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm glad to know that not only, I have this virus charger, every time I think of my work bench and to lead and shells .........

:lovebooli:guntootsmiley:

sono contento di sapere che non solo,io ho questo virus del ricaricatore,ogni momento penso al mio bench da lavoro e al piombo e ai bossoli .........

rr2241tx
06-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I know what it is: you left 200 cases in the vibratory polisher...from week before last. They ought to be shiny by now.

mikeym1a
06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
bunches of projects around the house, and here I am getting ready to take trash to the re-cycle, and then go in search of WW's. Guess I'm addicted, too.
did the recycling, dropped donation at Salvation Army, they went for WW's. NON!!! But I did get 78lbs of lead, I may go back tomorrow and get the other 50. Not enough money or energy today. Plus, I got about 1lb of 50/50 bar solder. Pretty pleased. So pleased, I forgot the other two items I was supposed to pick up. Hope no one else does that.....

novalty
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Or like me who is trying to decide between another Mihec mold, and buying more lead.

303Guy
06-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm thinking about where to get some antimony rich alloy for the antimony - not many COWW's around here and it's not even the environmentalists fault. I'm also thinking about building and fitting a suppressor and trying some cast in my mint bore 303 Brit. Wait - I'm at home now (I worked from 6am till 11:45pm yesterday, 11¼ hrs) - I can load up a test boolit or two and shoot them in my test tube!:D

Marlin Junky
06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
I am sitting here at work, and i have this strange feeling in my stomach. What is it............?

Is your boss watching?
It's best not to say who you work for... hopefully you're self-employed. :bigsmyl2:

MJ

TMSCU
06-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Ha ! This is funny, I actually did this about 10 years ago. I left on vacation and my neighbor called me asking what the vibrating thing was in my garage. I had asked them to check on the house while I was away. Cases had been vibrating for 4 days. (They were real shiny)

Bzcraig
06-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Is your boss watching?
It's best not to say who you work for... hopefully you're self-employed. :bigsmyl2:

MJ

Yup, I was thinking if the strange feeling in the stomach wasn't gas (not a strange feeling for me at all) maybe it was the boss looking over your shoulder! If so, hopefully he is a reloader, then you might dodge a boolit.

trixter
06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
I went home last night after work, and reloaded about 50, 45ACP's and the strange feeling started to subside a little. I hope that this weekend I can continue reloading and get completely straightened out. (boss over the shoulder thing) I rarely ever see my boss, I am kind of on my own most all day. I love my job, I just wish I didn't have to show up to get paid.

trixter
06-21-2013, 11:28 AM

Shiloh

I've been doing this for a long time, I just think the 'lead level' in my blood stream was a little low.
That is my diagnosis, and I'm sticking with it.

SlowSmokeN
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I have loaded up 3k 9mm in the last two days. I am almost out of boolits. You could cast some up for me:kidding:

SlowSmokeN
06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
On a side note I am off to Butte Falls to see the falls today, I'll send you a pic:grin:

spfd1903
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Ha! Glad to hear others over tumble brass. I have a 24 hour timer on the tumbler, but have accidentally let it do three cycles. Heard it running when I brought the trash cans in.....how many days?.

mikeym1a
06-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking about where to get some antimony rich alloy for the antimony - not many COWW's around here and it's not even the environmentalists fault. I'm also thinking about building and fitting a suppressor and trying some cast in my mint bore 303 Brit. Wait - I'm at home now (I worked from 6am till 11:45pm yesterday, 11¼ hrs) - I can load up a test boolit or two and shoot them in my test tube!:D
Since you are here, and have been for a while, you probably know about Rotometal's superhard. They also sell antimony. I have some I got from them, but, my mixing attempts were not successful. Gotta research that. I like to do it myself, if I can. Got some superhard ordered, in the meantime.

trixter
06-21-2013, 05:19 PM
On a side note I am off to Butte Falls to see the falls today, I'll send you a pic:grin:

Got it, great photo. Thanks

mikeym1a
06-22-2013, 12:02 AM
did the recycling, dropped donation at Salvation Army, they went for WW's. NON!!! But I did get 78lbs of lead, I may go back tomorrow and get the other 50. Not enough money or energy today. Plus, I got about 1lb of 50/50 bar solder. Pretty pleased. So pleased, I forgot the other two items I was supposed to pick up. Hope no one else does that.....
Went back today and got another 72lbs. of lead. Still didn't get it all, probably another 75lbs there, but, my wallet said that was enough for this month. I was planning on ordering about 150lb from Mayco, but, now I have my 150lbs, at a lot less! It probably won't clean up to 150, but should clean up to 140. One chunk is a semi-circle weighing approx 55lbs. Not quite sure how to handle that, as it won't fit in my pot! Tripod and come-along, probably. After that, went to the karate club, and helped with the kids promotions. My 2 granddaughters, and the other 13 students all did great. It was fun. Nice end to a pleasant day.

wallenba
06-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Had that feeling once, all day. Got home and found the safe unlocked. Now I have a reminder note on the door.