PDA

View Full Version : Reloaders, guard your treasure!!!!

labdwakin
06-19-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm sharing this with you guys because I hope that what happened to me Sunday night may be averted for someone else. When I moved back to Arkansas from Florida, my dad let me appropriate an old storage room in one of his barns for my reloading addiction. The few "before" pics I have aren't recent and don't show half of what I had in there when disaster struck.

Monday morning I went to my parents' farm to oversee the work on the house I'm rehabbing so I can live there. On the way to the house you have to go past the barn where I had been doing my reloading until I could get them to finish my house. I stopped... looked... and my heart fell through my shoes... I screamed an animal cry of rage, pain, and loss all at once.

Sunday night a large system of thunderstorms moved through our area. Lightning hit my dad's barn and burned it to the ground with ALL of my reloading gear and components in it. I had slowly built up a very nice selection of rifle bullets, pistol moulds, powder, primers, tooling of all kinds, and some shooting accessories. I don't even want to THINK about what it would cost to just go out and buy it all.

The next post in this thread will show what my little kingdom turned into because I wasn't dilligent about making sure all my eggs weren't in one basket.

labdwakin
06-19-2013, 02:27 AM
Since a lot of people keep asking me for my address in PMs and don't seem to find where I posted it here I edited this post to show the info.

Okay, have a small storage space....
Okay guys, as far as dies go, I don't have any idea what I need yet but appreciate the offers. I think I've managed to recover most of my dies and will know more about what's needed there after I get my new shop put together and can clean them up to find out what can be saved. However, if you guys have sets of dies that aren't being used AT ALL, I can use any of the listed calibers but need dies for the calibers I load the most of: 223, 30-06 (sent a set by tward), 45 ACP, 45 LC (MK24gunner sent me some), 7mm Rem Mag(Woody sent these to me.) The other calibers I don't shoot as much and can replace over time.

As for equipment, I need a new pot (which Celt has already graciously sent me along with a FRB of other goodies). I have plenty of lead, moulds, sizer dies, and nose punches. I also have a couple of sizers (although, I would like to get an air-feed Star).

Here's what I need that hasn't been offered:
Loading Manuals... I lost over ten volumes in the fire.
pistol boolit lube
rifle boolit lube
Walnut hull media to blast all the crud off of my gear with.
A set of Lee 6 cavity handles- OBII was very kind and sent me a set.

Equipment that I need to BUY because I don't expect anyone here to just give it to me but really want to get:
RCBS Trim Pro ( I managed to save a lot of my attachments for this trimmer and want to go back with the same.)
Electronic Powder Measure/Scale combo.
Chronograph (ugh... chronometer is a WATCH idiot!!! LOL) (Sensai has sent me one in mint condition!)
Manual Powder Trickler
Lee Manual Powder measure (DCM sent me one)
That's all I can think of for now but will update it as I think of things.

I lost more than most can imagine in the way of equipment and components in this fire and don't want you guys to try to restore me to my earlier splendor. I can do that over time and really appreciate all the offers of equipment but I would honestly feel like I was being dishonest if I lest you send me stuff that I probably won't use.

I already have/had a tumbler and a scale so I'm okay for those two things.

Any jacketed rifle bullet odds and ends you have laying around for the listed calibers would also be appreciated very much along with brass. It's going to take me years to rebuild my empire but I fully expect to get there with time. Below I'm reposting my list of calibers and mailing address and my Paypal email address as suggested by Lloyd. I now have a small storage space to put things in and you guys can send a few things. I really appreciate all the help!!! Someday I will pass it on.

Calibers I loaded for and need some projectiles/brass for were:
223 Remington(vern sent me some j-words,boerrrancher sent me some brass)
220 Swift (Vern sent me dies and brass and DeanD sent me some brass so I'm good on brass for this caliber)
243 Winchester(Vern sent me some j-words)
7mm Mauser
280 Remington(Vern sent me dies)
7mm Rem Mag (Dies and some brass sent by Woody)(J-words from Lloyd)
30-30 Winchester (Have PLENTY of 30-30 brass now. Vern sent me some 170 grn j-words, Gilbert sent me some 150 RN)
303 British
300 Savage (got 203 pieces of brand new primed Winchester brass today at the gun show)
308 Winchester (Dies offered by PRSMAN) (165 grn J-words from Lloyd, got 500 168grn HPBT Nosler Custom comps from Shooters Supply)
30-06 Springfield (dies and some LC Match ammo sent by Tward)
300 Winchester Short Mag
300 Win Mag (Brass from Boerrarncher)
8mm Mauser (got 167 pieces of brand new primed Winchester brass at the gun show today)

Pistol calibers, I don't need any projectiles, but a little brass would be GREATLY appreciated:

9mm Luger (dbosman sent me a sfrb full of brass)
38 Special (Brass offered by sent... have plenty)
357 Magnum
45 ACP (had a few hundred brass show up in various boxes.)
45 Colt (Dies sent by Mk42Gunner)(Bo1 sent me a small bag of brass)

Paypal: louisherbert @ hotmail (dot) com

Mailing Address:
Louis Herbert
1326 East 9th St
Lot 34
Mountain Home, AR 72653

Once again, thank you guys sooooo much for all the help and support!! I am humbled to be a part of such an amazing group of poeple!!!

Dean D.
06-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Louis. A definite wake up call for all of us. Let us know if we can do anything to help you get back to loading and casting again.

sthwestvictoria
06-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Heartbreaking. I regularly photograph or video my tools and equipment for the insurers - this is a kick up the pants to update things!
Hears to hoping it doesn't take you too long to get back on your feet.

Lloyd Smale
06-19-2013, 06:12 AM
i dont have much spare gear but post a paypal address and ill gladly send a few bucks to help you get restarted. Dont be bashfull about posting it. You wouldnt beleive the stuff that was sent to me when i lost all my gear in the fire. Id gladly like to pay some of that back and theres many on here that would gladly help too.

torker
06-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your fire, I have some extra casting equipment that I could send your way. Please post an address. I'm sure others would like to help.

Teddy (punchie)
06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
O my God would but my first words. Then I would well ???? . Just sad ....

Looks like she got very hot, burn her self out. To bad the fire dept. , if they would have got there sooner, you may have saved hard items like molds maybe dies. Look and see if there are any places in this that didn't get baked at 1200++ Degs. some corner or maybe things were covered and did burn, items under that may still be useable. Anything that was AL and plastic all will be lost.

Help a Aunt one time after a fire we spent hours looking at silver coins and breaking them away from plastic holders. Most were Okay. But there fire dept was there soon, in about 15-20 min. it was under control.

Just Sad.

kbstenberg
06-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Can you post what calibers you load for? Aren't your presses covered under the manufacturers lifetime warranty?

10x
06-19-2013, 08:43 AM
If this was an outbuilding on your dad's property he may well be able to claim the loss on his insurance policy.
And if you have household insurance a portion may well be covered under your policy.

Boerrancher
06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Many years ago I lost all of my stuff in a fire and it took me years to recover from it. In this day and age I would hate to think about having such a loss. Not just because I have acquired more than what I had before but also because of the supply and demand issues we are having. Please post the cals you shoot and I will see what I have that I can help you out with. I have a couple of molds I don't use anymore and I have some extra J words that I can probably spare, as well as possibly some extra dies. We can't help if we don't know what you need.

Best wishes,

Joe

Jim
06-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I can't even imagine how sick I would be had that happened to me.

By all means, as has been mentioned, let us know what calibers you load for. There's no guarantee it can/will all be replaced, but at least we can help.

Jbiker
06-19-2013, 09:09 AM
call dillon !!!THEIR NO BULL **** WARRANTY say's the presses are covered !

DCP
06-19-2013, 09:16 AM
No way to see this coming

call dillon !!!THEIR NO BULL **** WARRANTY say's the presses are covered ! Plus 1

jmort
06-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Insurance and Dillion "warranty" are your best hopes, short of help from other members and slowly building back up. Once its gone there is no use in dwelling on it. Move forward.

BRobertson
06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I have some extras also, let us know what you load for

Bob

labdwakin
06-19-2013, 10:37 AM
The barn was not insured and when I called Dillon, the person in the warranty department that I spoke to told me that "You took a chance and lost." The barn was in a very rural area (1/2 a mile to the county maintained road) and didn't have a prayer.

It will be a few weeks before I'm ready to start rebuilding. The attached shop at the house I'm rehabbing is almost to the point that I will have a place to put things. I really appreciate all the kind offers of help from the members here but I don't really know for sure yet what I need. Most of my dies should be salvageable and so should my Lyman T-Mag. I had a balance beam scale at home so I'm okay in that respect. I did lose all my loading manuals except Hornady and The ABCs of Reloading.

Calibers I loaded for were:
223 Remington
220 Swift
243 Winchester
7mm Mauser
280 Remington
7mm Rem Mag
30-30 Winchester
308 Winchester
30-06 Springfield
300 Winchester Short Mag
300 Win Mag
8mm Mauser

9mm Luger
38 Special
357 Magnum
45 ACP
45 Colt

Lloyd, my email addy is louisherbert (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and offers of support but please just set anything you're thinking of sending aside until I know what I need and have a place to put it!

Love Life
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Dang. I'm sorry to hear about and see your loss.

Would you happen to have a valuable goods policy? That would cover it.

HATCH
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
that sucks..
My gear is in a 20x20 building that is 20 feet from my house.
I only keep 10 lbs of powder and maybe 2K of each type out there.
It would totally suck if it burnt down. it is insured for $20K though. building with concrete cost me $6K
I could replace my stuff eventually.

I am sorry for your loss.
I can not help you money wise but if you need some boolits just let me know.
I cast for all the pistols you have listed.

labdwakin
06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Would you happen to have a valuable goods policy? That would cover it.

None of it was insured in any way.

Love Life
06-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Dang. I'd be sick to my stomach.

L1A1Rocker
06-19-2013, 11:15 AM
No way to see this coming

call dillon !!!THEIR NO BULL **** WARRANTY say's the presses are covered ! Plus 1

This is what I was thinking. Box up EVERYTHING you can find made by Dillon and ship it back.

DCP
06-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Has Dillon changed there warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The barn was not insured and when I called Dillon, the person in the warranty department that I spoke to told me that "You took a chance and lost." The barn was in a very rural area (1/2 a mile to the county maintained road) and didn't have a prayer.

It will be a few weeks before I'm ready to start rebuilding. The attached shop at the house I'm rehabbing is almost to the point that I will have a place to put things. I really appreciate all the kind offers of help from the members here but I don't really know for sure yet what I need. Most of my dies should be salvageable and so should my Lyman T-Mag. I had a balance beam scale at home so I'm okay in that respect. I did lose all my loading manuals except Hornady and The ABCs of Reloading.

Calibers I loaded for were:
223 Remington
220 Swift
243 Winchester
7mm Mauser
280 Remington
7mm Rem Mag
30-30 Winchester
308 Winchester
30-06 Springfield
300 Winchester Short Mag
300 Win Mag
8mm Mauser

9mm Luger
38 Special
357 Magnum
45 ACP
45 Colt

Lloyd, my email addy is louisherbert (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and offers of support but please just set anything you're thinking of sending aside until I know what I need and have a place to put it!

prsman23
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Damn. I'd call dillon back. You likely got someone who doesn't know. I've heard of them doing this plenty in the past. If you get the same answer ask to speak to someone higher up.
Sorry about the loss. I've been scrounging for years to build what I have and can't imagine losing it all in one fell swoop. Best of luck sir.

TheCelt
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
I've got a used Lee 20lb pot I'll send ya when you get a new place, let me know where to send it. So sorry to hear of your misfortune, it really is heartbreaking.

mroliver77
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Far as I know Dillons warranty does not cover fire. They did help Lloyd out but if I remember correctly it was just a couple/few things. (But still awesome of them)

Louis.
My heart goes out to you! I dont have a lick of insurance either.
J

tward
06-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Sorry for your loss, I've got some 30-06 dies I will send you when you are ready. Tim

badboyparamedic
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
I am in Northern Arkansas too, PM me maybe I can help you with some stuff also.

dbosman
06-19-2013, 01:51 PM
When you're ready to accept mail and restock, PM me your mailing address.
I have a box of 500 cleaned, once fired WCC (mil crimp primers) with your name on it.

Nickle
06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I'll echo to let us know what you're short on.

In my case, you'll need to send me a PM.

I've got lots of stuff, have a family ammo business, and have some spare stuff, some of it may work for you. We do about 200 calibers.

All I'll ask is to repay the favor, and possibly help cover the shipping, IF it's a significant amount of stuff.

rexherring
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Bummer for sure, sorry about the loss. I had a similar thing happen a few years back while playing in a country band for fun and some toy monies. Got a call at 2a.m. about the club that we were playing in and this is what I found that morning.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb128/rexherring/burnt2.jpg (http://s208.photobucket.com/user/rexherring/media/burnt2.jpg.html)

gandydancer
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
all right bud. keep us posted as it goes along. as to what you can use when you are ready. I have things for reloading I never use and many extras. I will put a few things together I don't need(have 2 of) and will send them on to you when your ready.Hang in there. Tom/gandy

Lloyd Smale
06-19-2013, 02:21 PM
I lost 5 square deals and a 550 and they sent me a brand new 550 with all the extras including a strong mount for free. I had to send them proof (the steal ram) and proof that my insurance didnt cover the total loss of the building and contents which was easy as i lost at least 25k more then i got from my insurance. Good wake up call for some of you. When you insure the building you load in dont forget all the money you have wrapped up in bullets powder primers and loading gear and casting gear. Believe me!! IT ADDS UP. Befor i was done recovering i spent nearly 10 grand just on loading gear and some powder and primers and brass to just get started and probably actually have spent near 25k getting to where im at today and that doesnt even factor the unbelievable amount of donations of money and gear i got from guys here. Come on guys lets help this guy out too.
Far as I know Dillons warranty does not cover fire. They did help Lloyd out but if I remember correctly it was just a couple/few things. (But still awesome of them)

Louis.
My heart goes out to you! I dont have a lick of insurance either.
J

Lloyd Smale
06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
What you do need to do though labdwakin is swallow your pride and post your mailing address and a paypal account here so guys can do what they do best on here. take care of there brothers.

mroliver77
06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
What you do need to do though labdwakin is swallow your pride and post your mailing address and a paypal account here so guys can do what they do best on here. take care of there brothers.

I remember Lloyd how hard it was for you and how overwhelmed you were at the outpouring of good wishes and gifts. I feel a little bit better about our world everytime this happens!
Jay

Fishman
06-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Oh wow, that is terrible. Please PM me when you get a place set up. I have at least one set of dies I can send your way.

And I agree, insurance is a must have even if you are renting. My policy even covers (subject to the deductable of course) items that are not on my property that I own. A friend of mine had some items in storage in another state and got ripped off. His homeowners insurance covered it. This is a good warning to all of us that life happens and we should pay attention.

Again, I am sorry this happened to you.

labdwakin
06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Okay, you win, Lloyd.

Mailing Address:
Louis Herbert
1326 East 9th St
Lot 34
Mountain Home, AR 72653

Circuit Rider
06-19-2013, 08:39 PM
labdwakin, Let us know when you're ready for items to be sent to you. I have some things but will wait til you post. CR

LUCKYDAWG13
06-19-2013, 08:59 PM
man my heart goes out to you we lost all in a house fire 6 years ago
+ our dogs things could be a lot worse for you God only gives us what
we can take well thats what my wife says

Nickle
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Let us know what calibers you load for, and cast for, that helps too. Doesn't help you much if we were to send you 9mm stuff when you shoot a 45. Boolit sizing, make sure to say what diameter you size for. We can at least get close.

And, you would be surprised at what some of us have.

Okay, you win, Lloyd.

Mailing Address:
Louis Herbert
1326 East 9th St
Lot 34
Mountain Home, AR 72653

TheCelt
06-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Louis, In addition to the Lee 20 lb pot I have the older Dillon De terminator scale. I works well with ambient or regular light bulb illumination but gives erroneous reading under fluorescent bulbs. also sending 200 once fired 30-30 cases. Let me know when to ship.

Mlcompound
06-19-2013, 09:43 PM
I also have some stuff to donate when you want it. I have 9mm and 45acp brass, a Lee powder measure, and some other small items (trimmer, and etc). You should update the original post and check off what has been donated and what you still need.

MT Gianni
06-20-2013, 12:02 AM
243 dies are headed your way along with some brass.

Superfly
06-20-2013, 04:24 AM
I think ihave a set of lee 243 dies that need a decapper i can send your way holler at me if you want them.

Jaime

Lloyd Smale
06-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Ive got a box of various stuff going out priority flat rate today. Your mail man wont like me though as its HEAVY.

km101
06-20-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! That must be heartbreaking. But it should serve as a wake-up call to us all! So thanks for posting.

I know that I have so much "stuff" crammed into my reloading shop that I cant find some things when I want them. I would have no way of knowing, right now, what is in there. But after this I will have my video camera out there making a record of what is there.

Please keep us posted regarding your rebuilding and salvage. Many members would like to help in restoring your reloading setup!

Mooseman
06-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Louis is still reeling from the reality of it all and he will be getting a list together in the future once he figures out what he lost and what he needs from us to help. Please give him some time to do this and deal with his personal affairs as well and I know he will be able to deal with it in time.
Thanks Guys,
Rich

labdwakin
06-20-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll know more about where I'm at sometime this weekend with regard to what I need to replace. Please be patient with me guys, I have a lot on my plate right now and don't get around very well so it takes me a while to get things done.

retread
06-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Got some 38 Spl. stuff. PM me when you have a place to store it.

Jay

Phoenix
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM
I have some brass to send you (go figure as I sell brass)

I don't have time to SS wash it, But I will send a few boxes full of assorted cals you listed.

Artful
06-21-2013, 02:14 AM
http://www.dillonprecision.com/No_BS_Lifetime_Warranty__Really-98-14-1041.htm

I had a sort of similar experience when I returned 3 of my Square deals for repairs of some of the older plastic parts that were broken. (Later plastic parts are made of a less brittle material)

When I went back to pick up my machine the loaders came out with many more parts replaced, like powder measures, primer arms, etc and also a bill for over $180.

I raised the issue higher in the management tree inquiring abut the life time warranty and was told to have a nice day and was given help loading the newly rebuilt reloaders in my car along with a "No Charge" invoice.

I suggest you inquire further up the management tree.

Good Luck!

http://ultimatereloader.com/2011/06/27/dillon-no-b-s-warranty-part-1/
http://ultimatereloader.com/2011/06/30/dillon-no-b-s-warranty-part-2-after/

http://www.dillonprecision.com/about_us.html

This is reflected in our warranty. No warranty cards, registration or serial numbers are necessary. Whether you are the first owner, or the seventeenth, all our hobby-level reloading machines have a lifetime warranty. If you break, damage or wear out anything on them, it will be fixed or replaced – whatever is necessary to restore the machine to normal operating condition. If a minor part is all that is needed, contact us and we will ship the part. (International customers pay the return shipping costs) If something major is damaged or broken,contact us and we issue the customer a return merchandise authorization-RMA- to return the item to us for repair. The customer pays the shipping; we fix or replace as is warranted. Only our commercial machine, the Super 1050, has a one-year warranty, as do all electrical/electronic products and textiles. Our customers understand that they have a best friend at our factory. We are only a phone call, FAX or E-mail away. In return we receive an incredible amount of customer loyalty.

I'd contact Dillon again and ask to speak to someone higher up.

Vinne
06-21-2013, 02:56 AM
I know what you are going through Louis. I lost all my gear and all but one gun in the Katrina flood eight years ago. I had seven foot of swamp water that took three weeks to pump out. Many club members lost way more than I did...one had over 120 guns that sat in that water.

Hang in there, it will take time but you will make a come back. I did!!

nodda duma
06-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Okay, you win, Lloyd.

Mailing Address:
Louis Herbert
1326 East 9th St
Lot 34
Mountain Home, AR 72653

Hey that's my home town (well, Gamaliel is but Mtn. Home is where I went to school), and I'll be home for the fourth. Let me see if I have anything you need on your list when you post it and I'll bring it with.

We lost all of our stuff in a moving van fire when we moved across country two years ago. It sucks for sure.

Catshooter
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Pity about your loss. But as you have said, having your eggs all in one basket can be bad. Right now, all my eggs are in one basket. Or mostly anyway. It's a real concern to me too. But I'll fix it.

Cat

mrjohn
06-22-2013, 06:39 PM
sorry for lose I will look at my stuff and check your list

Olevern
06-22-2013, 07:12 PM
I have here for you:

(1.) RCBS FL die set, 220 swift, with shell holder
(2.) RCBS FL die set, cal 280, with shell holder
(3.) Box (100) Nosler 6mm/ 70 grain ballistic tip
(4.) Box (100) Hornady .22 cal (.224") 75 grain BTHP (moly)
(5.) Box (100) Sierra .30 cal. 170 grain Flat Nose (30-30)
(6.) 2 boxes (40 pcs) new Win. .220 swift brass (old stock)
let me know when you can receive so I can ship
vern

Love Life
06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
I've got you covered on 308 brass. I'll go ahead and swage out the primer pockets as well. Let me know when you are ready to receive shipment.

garandnutts
06-23-2013, 05:55 PM
I can cast up some .358 swc(157gr), and some 170gr lee fp(30-30)....don't have gas checks for the SWC, but I can size/lube 'em for ya...the 170's would be GC'd, lubed & sized ,309....lube is 50/50 NRA.
Sorry to hear about your loss...PM me if you are interested.

Mk42gunner
06-23-2013, 08:27 PM
I've got a set of Lee .45 Colt dies, and some other stuff I have duplicates of (if I can find them) when you are ready for them.

Robert

rexherring
06-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Let me know if you need a set of .30-06 dies, also I can cast you up some 170 Lee with GC, 9mm, .38, and .45's if needed.

labdwakin
06-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Okay guys, as far as dies go, I don't have any idea what I need yet but appreciate the offers.

I moved the list to Post#2 and I'll update it as I get stuff.

Mailing Address:
Louis Herbert
1326 East 9th St
Lot 34
Mountain Home, AR 72653

Once again, thank you guys sooooo much for all the help and support!! I am humbled to be a part of such an amazing group of poeple!!!

Nickle
06-25-2013, 12:04 AM
I can't help much with the equipment needs, but I will help with jacketed bullet and brass needs. I do all of those calibers, some of them I have some brass around. I have bullets in all of those, will send some of them.

308, 30-06. 9mm, 38 & 45 ACP brass for sure. 223,7mm Rem Mag I think I can do. 220 Swift, 243, 300 WSM, 30-30, 357 & 45 Colt I can't. 280, I'm pretty sure I can. 7x57, 300 Win Mag & 8x57 I don't know.

224, 243, 30 & 32 (8mm) jacketed bullets I can. The others I'll have to see. 9mm won't be an issue, just won't be quick. I can make those. Probably send you some home made 224 as well.

Of course, I might just put a stick of boolit lube in the box, got a little of that.

So, I'll start up a large flat rate box, we'll see how it goes.

Nickle
06-25-2013, 12:05 AM
By the way, I'll speak for everybody and say I know good and well you'd do the same for us if the situation were the other way.

We're "family" here, and that's what family does.

labdwakin
06-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Once again, I am humbled to be a part of such a good group of people.

Jim
06-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Once again, I am humbled to be a part of such a good group of people.

Louis, I've been humbled with generosity a few times myself. But this is who we are, we take care of our own. You'll get your turn one day to do the same.

labdwakin
06-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Louis, I've been humbled with generosity a few times myself. But this is who we are, we take care of our own. You'll get your turn one day to do the same.

Thank you for the box, Jim. It is much appreciated!!!

sparkz
06-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Man that's heart breaking for-sure,,
I hope and pray Karma has a Busload of good coming for you, Post your most needed tools and supply's and tho I am new to cast I would hope Sean and I could help you in some way, I am so sorry for that to had happened to you and your collection that must had taken years to build up,,
Check on the Helping Hands part of forums theirs much to be had if we all know whats needed to get you up and running..

Patrick & Sean Campbell
Lost Creek, Kentucky

labdwakin
06-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Second post edited.

Dean D.
07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Bump back to the front page.

labdwakin
07-03-2013, 10:49 AM
I now have some storage space, folks.

tengaugetx
07-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Can you list what you have already received that you don't need duplicates of i.e. dies, tools etc. ?
I don't have much equipment I don't use but would be happy to send some brass and boolits if nothing else. My brass is quite shiney.
I have at least a little stuff for about half the calibers you load.
I also might be able to slip in an ingot or two if you lost your lead too.

labdwakin
07-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Things needed list in Post #2 updated.

labdwakin
07-07-2013, 04:24 PM
So far, I've received boxes from Lloyd Smale, Jim, Bo1, and OBII... thank you so much guys, you have no idea how much it means.

Jim
07-07-2013, 04:39 PM
My pleasure, Louis. Glad to help ya' out, bud!

kcinnick
07-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Hmm, I will go through my brass and see what I don't load for. I am sure I have at least some mixed revolver brass I don't load for. I have plenty of projectiles, coated in Hi-tek, if you need some. 9mm, 38, .40 and 45 in a variety of flavors. (well I make plenty, don't have plenty, but could put some aside as I run through the rotation) I am working on contracting out FMJ and FMGBT rifle bullets, if I get those I could throw some in too.

DCM
07-07-2013, 06:41 PM
One Lee perfect powder measure on its way.

labdwakin
07-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Just so everyone knows, I have storage space now and will keep the list of things that I need in Post #2 updated as I receive things.

labdwakin
07-10-2013, 06:42 PM
List in Post #2 updated again.

lmfd20
07-10-2013, 10:32 PM
I have a few pieces of mauser brass. I know I have some 243 and maybe more Calibers on your list. I'll dig it out tomorrow.

woody1
07-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Packed and ready to go: Pacific Durachrome 7mm Mag dies (NO shellholder don't have an extra)
Couple boxes 7mm Mag 1X and some ?X
Looking at list to see if anything else I have 'cause there's still more room in box!
Regards, Woody

added to box: about 150@ 45 Auto brass - 90% 1X
half a zip lock bag of range pickup .40 Short & Weak brass
and some misc. 38 Special brass mostly nickel
FR Boxes must be full!

labdwakin
07-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I have here for you:

(1.) RCBS FL die set, 220 swift, with shell holder
(2.) RCBS FL die set, cal 280, with shell holder
(3.) Box (100) Nosler 6mm/ 70 grain ballistic tip
(4.) Box (100) Hornady .22 cal (.224") 75 grain BTHP (moly)
(5.) Box (100) Sierra .30 cal. 170 grain Flat Nose (30-30)
(6.) 2 boxes (40 pcs) new Win. .220 swift brass (old stock)
let me know when you can receive so I can ship
vern

Received your box today, Vern, thank you very much sir! List in Post #2 updated.

NoZombies
07-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Lou,

Sorry it took me so long to see this thread. The wife and I have said some prayers for you.

I'll be putting together a care package in the next week or two to send along, I think I may have more of the parts we talked about today than I realized when we were on the phone, but I've got to get into storage to get to some of them.

mikeym1a
07-12-2013, 11:17 PM
I've read of lightning doing this. Did the barn have Lightning Rods on it? Those things stand for years, and are strong and sturdy, and 'dry tinder'. A radio tech I know said he has seen lightning split open a 10' x 10' x6' concrete pad, because the masts weren't properly grounded before the concrete was poured. Too late to undo it now, but, Perhaps there are others out there that might benefit from the installation of lightning rods.

labdwakin
07-12-2013, 11:39 PM
no lightning rods

Olevern
07-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Received your box today, Vern, thank you very much sir! List in Post #2 updated.

you are very welcome. Can't make you whole, but every little bit helps move you closer to where you need to be.
blessings,
vern

labdwakin
07-14-2013, 09:14 AM
okay guys... Post #2 list updated again, still haven't gotten some stuff in there that I got but it's because I haven't been able to carry it in from the truck yet. I just want to say how much I appreciate all the help I've received from members here.

Dewey606
07-14-2013, 05:15 PM
So sad. That would be tragic to me. I'd lose my reloading therapy. Coincidentally, in the mid 1980's, we moved from Florida to near Mountain View, AR and lost most of our belongings in a rental truck fire.

labdwakin
07-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Received boxes from Woody and a gentleman in Sullivan MO. Post #2 updated.

Mk42gunner
07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Lou,

Don't get excited when you open the package and see an RCBS box, the dies inside are Lee. Changing the box let things fit a SFR box.

It went out today.

Robert

labdwakin
07-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh, I'll be plenty excited just getting to have ANY dies, LOL.

Lou,

Don't get excited when you open the package and see an RCBS box, the dies inside are Lee. Changing the box let things fit a SFR box.

It went out today.

Robert

Boerrancher
07-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Lou,

glad to see you received the box. I hope you can make use of everything, and if not pass it on to someone who can. Too bad you don't have a 7mm RUM because I have an extra set of dies for that one.

Best wishes,

Joe

labdwakin
07-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Received a Beta Master Chrony from Sensai today on UPS and 500 Nosler Custom Competition .308 HPBT 168grn bullets on FedEx :)

tward
07-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry to take so long, sent 30-06 die today + extras will need signature. Will PM tracking #.
Enjoy, Tim

labdwakin
07-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks, Tim, I'll let you know when they arrive.

labdwakin
07-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Got the box from Tward today, thank you VERY much sir!!! List in post #2 updated.

snuffy
07-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Louis, I have an extra set of 300 WSM dies, Lee in the flat red box #90942. I'd be happy to send them to you, I thought I had NOT ordered them from Midway, duplicated an earlier order.

I also have a tub of NRA 50-50 alox-beeswax from White label lubes. About 2# in a plastic food saver tub. Let me know if you want it. Good for pan lubing or putting in a lubrisizer that won't require a heater.

Also I have a NIB .308 sizer for a Lyman/RCBS lubrisizer. I can box it all in a medium flat rate box and get it sent soon as I hear from you if you want the stuff.

I doubt any of those dies you found will be useable. I'm sure they got hot enough to draw any hardening out of the steel. It's more than blasting them clean to save them, they would need to be re-heat treated.

labdwakin
07-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Snuffy,

I have a 308 sizer die so I'm okay for that, but the 300 wsm dies and the 50-50 would be GREAT!!!!

I also have a friend that is a knife makre and has a heat-treat oven to re-condition my dies with :)

labdwakin
07-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Post #2 updated. Thank you to DCM and dbosman.

snuffy
08-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Snuffy,

I have a 308 sizer die so I'm okay for that, but the 300 wsm dies and the 50-50 would be GREAT!!!!

I also have a friend that is a knife maker and has a heat-treat oven to re-condition my dies with :)

Got it almost boxed up but ran out of tape! I need groceries, so I'll go to town tomorrow, may get it sent tomorrow also. Hope you don't mind plastic peanuts TOO much!

labdwakin
08-12-2013, 07:45 PM
had 3 boxes show up... going to try to get them opened and update post #2 Wednesday or later this week, thank you so much, folks!!!

labdwakin
10-14-2013, 08:38 PM
I loaded my first rounds since the fire tonight... I couldn't have done it without all the help you guys gave me... going to try to get pictures of the new bench up soon. A MILLION thank yous to all of you for all of your help!!!! I loaded 20 rounds of 30-06 on new Winchester brass with Winchester primers, stepped loads of a new milsurp powder I'm going to try out, and 165 grn Corelokt bullets that Lloyd sent me on the RCBS SS press he sent me too. Once again, you guys are the best and I can't describe how overcome I am with humility to be part of such a great group of people!!!

woody1
10-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Super! It's a good group here. Regards, Woody

lightman
10-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Thats a tough lick, my friend. I don't know how I missed this, until now, but I would like to help. I have lots of 1x fired brass in 9mm, 38spl, 357mag, 45auto, 223, 308, 30-06. Also some mixed (probably once fired) range brass in 243. I also have some 50-55 gr jacketed 223 bullets and some 30 cal j-bullets. Pm me with your needs, and don't be bashful, as I expect to fill up a flat rate box. I don't have much extra gear, as I usually sell it or give it away, as I upgrade. I'll look on my die shelf, though. Also have some lead. Will be waiting on that PM, Lightman

lightman
10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
I also have a friend trying to sell a set of 300wm dies and his brass. He gave up the caliber, because of the recoil. I'll see what he wants for them. Lightman

DrBill33
10-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Sad to hear of your loss! I have a shooting buddy who had the exact same thing occur! Additionally, that is in addition to all of his alloyed material, loading equipment, LARGE quantity of primers, and over 20,000 rounds, he watched as his barn went up due to lightning. It hit the only place that he did not have lightning protection!

It also taught me to spread-out my equipment and materials.

labdwakin
10-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Illinois Coyote Hunter sent me a trickler and some 243 dies!

I also got to meet Lightman and Mrs Lightman Sunday afternoon for lunch. He brought me some 30 cal heavies and a little bit of 223 powder and a couple of bricks of primers and a range hood to go over my new casting bench and some other stuff... quite a guy.... you folks are amazing.

Sorry I still haven't posted pics of the new bench, my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Kidney Cancer on Monday and he's been really sick for a while. I'll get the pics up, fellas... just kinda run ragged right now.

lightman
11-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Louis. My wife and I enjoyed the trip, and meeting you. Keep in touch about your Dad Lightman

cbrick
11-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Wow, that's such a horrible thing to happen. I just found this thread this morning. How are you set for the 357 brass? I have a bunch of once fired that could use a new loving caring home. If this is something you still need let me know, I live so close to you that had I been paying attention the night of the fire I could have smelled the smoke, I'll ship them to you via cbrick same day express. :mrgreen:

Rick

DrBill33
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
My condolences! I am still assisting a dear friend who had a similar experience (heck!! The EXACT SAME experience!). He lost over 50,000 rounds, plus over 900 lbs alloyed lead, plus equipment, plus cast and sized bullets of a number of calibers. I recon that it has taken 3 years so far, and another 2 to help get him back
up! I pray that re-loaders in your area co me forth and assist you!

labdwakin
11-12-2013, 06:32 AM
cbrick,
If you're willing to bring them to me, I really need powder and large pistol primers more than anything. I'm having a hard time gathering up powder again. Lightman brought me 2 lbs but that's 2/3 of my powder that has conventional load data so I'm being VERY stingy with it. I can buy a little powder or primers if you have anything I'm looking for that you can stand to part with. I also need some 45 ACP dies if you have a spare set you'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price.

cbrick
11-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Powder is a bit tight right now & pretty difficult to replace these days, as for the primers I was in Bob's guns yesterday and he has the primers you need in stock. Actually he has more primers in stock right now than I've see in a year. I looked over post #2 again, I do have the once fired 357 Mag brass, I may have 45 ACP once fired also, will have to check & see, how are fixed for that?

Rick

Garyshome
11-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Louis. A definite wake up call for all of us.

winelover
11-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Sorry for your loss. Just heard about it from cbrick, the other day. Been looking through my excess equipment and I have a Lyman Orange Crusher Press, you are welcome to. PM me and I will deliver it. I'm in your neighborhood.

Winelover

labdwakin
11-14-2013, 10:01 PM
cbrick,

Another friend of mine helped me out with some primers the other day. I'll just have to wait a while on the powder I guess.

winelover,
That would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

cbrick
11-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Should I take that as a no for the brass?

Rick

labdwakin
02-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Rick, I really appreciate the offer, but I have plenty of 357 brass and a goodly amount of 45 acp brass. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here but it's been a rough few months for me. My dad was diagnosed with cancer in October and passed away on December 25th... I'm slowly getting squared away though. Thanks to everyone here for your patience in waiting for me to show you pics of my new setup!

w5pv
02-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Man I feel for you,I myself is recovering from a lose suffered recently maybe some insurance coverage but not to hopeful.Wish I could be more helpful.