PDA

View Full Version : Removing Lube/Lube help

mrblue
06-17-2013, 04:08 PM
So i did up my first batch of pan lube last night. I got some on the tips. Went to take them out this morning and of course the lube was hard to the point of making it a pain to get out. Next time Ill do it sooner. Anyways, I sized em up and found that its a pain to get the stupid lube off the tips. Any suggestions, other than dont lube the tips to help remove it? I put them in there brass holders, crimped em and just wiped it off with a little steel wool, makes em shinny. Any more effecient way of doing this?

repawn
06-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I usually don't worry about a little lube on the tips - but a rag with mineral spirits on it will quickly remove the excess lube form the tips.

mrblue
06-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Well I wouldn't worry about a litte, But I spilled a little too much so the lube filled teh entire chamber of the pan and went to the tips. So it was basically .30 wad cutter

Idz
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Can't you just heat up the batch again and siphon off the excess lube? It may be easier to melt off the whole batch and try again rather than cleaning individual bullets.

mrblue
06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Can't you just heat up the batch again and siphon off the excess lube? It may be easier to melt off the whole batch and try again rather than cleaning individual bullets.

Its always the simple answers. Brain fart! Thanks

williamwaco
06-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Its always the simple answers. Brain fart! Thanks

This is the most valuable thing that happens on this board.

No matter what I am doing, how I do it, or how long I have been doing it that way, or how well it works, There is always somebody with a method that works better with less work.

I love this forum.

turmech
06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Don't know, I may be interpreting the OP incorrectly. Is the problem that the lube cake got overfilled and now it lubes the bullets way past the lube groove?

If that is the case you could remelt and remove the excess liquid lube from the cake as mentioned Or just cut out some of the edges of the solid cake and remelt with the next batch of bullets and the lube level of course is lower.