PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists setting wildfires?

MtGun44
06-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Some think they may be, the online terrorist website is
telling them to do it and how.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2531949

Ya'll keep an eye peeled out there.

Bill

dbosman
06-16-2013, 06:42 PM
It's too bad foresters on the ground haven't been consulted before the self described "security experts" get to weigh in.
Smokey the bear was the worst thing to happen for forest health in the last century.

I have had the forestry courses to intelligently comment on this. What is "their" expertise beyond scaring folks into giving them more money?

Artful
06-16-2013, 08:12 PM
True enough - forest management practices have had to change to match the reality of what's needed but then again the Japanese tried to firebomb the US with balloons during WW2 - only mistake was trying to light up Pacific Northwest in the rainy season.

P.K.
06-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Walk up to your local Sierra Club office and give them the "salute." The no burn policy they pushed through killed many of the species they wanted to save and it's burning the homes that are on fire. The same fires burned the habitat they were "protecting" and yet the species moved on to start again. These idiots have no clue, plenty of $$$ backing them and no direction.....Sounds like congress.....

Get on the horn to the folks voted there and keep up the pressure, they like their jobs......Make them like it more or tell them to hit the unemployment line.

JIMinPHX
06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
scarey thoughts.

uscra112
06-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Some timber companies buy the stumpage from a burn. Many trees just get scorched and die, but are perfectly good for lumber.

uscra112
06-17-2013, 01:51 AM
But on the other hand, money notwithstanding, people die fighting these fires. You don't want to think that anybody but a terrorist (and I include the earthfirsters in that category) would deliberately set one.

WILCO
06-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Some think they may be......

I've believed this for quite some time Bill. Just another way for them to get us.

10x
06-17-2013, 08:31 AM
True enough - forest management practices have had to change to match the reality of what's needed but then again the Japanese tried to firebomb the US with balloons during WW2 - only mistake was trying to light up Pacific Northwest in the rainy season.

60 years of forest fire prevention in Northern Alberta has allowed "fuel" (dead trees, dead shrubs, and other "natural" trash) to build up. Once a fire starts it is almost impossible to control or put out. Fire keeps the forests and grasslands healthy by allowing variety of habitat through succession. The best hunting areas are usually on regenerating burns.

square butte
06-17-2013, 08:53 AM
It's the property destruction and disruption of people lives - Those whose homes are destroyed - that they are after. Also generation of fear and terror.

tjones
06-17-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't doubt the muslim terrorists.
But think a little further into this.
Forest fires are good for the bureaucracy:
Forest fire = Money for fighting it + USFS doesn't have to deal with loggers + no bark beetles + no tree huggers trying to stop the logging + no lawsuits from the tree huggers + less roads and forest to maintain or patrol because it's now being protected from erosion + no cattle grazing + fences & water systems burned down = no cattle or wildlife water= less hunting= less pressure from animal rights radicals.
Now how many possibilities from the left have I added to the list of possible arson's?
Some in green trucks? Some in generic white SUV's.

You left out Bill Richardson and his cronies. tj

Four-Sixty
06-18-2013, 03:57 PM
What if the dust bowl days are coming back as purported in this article?

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/dust-bowl-conditions-are-literally-returning-to-the-western-half-of-the-united-states

jcameron996
06-18-2013, 04:12 PM
We have had some pretty good rains so far this year but things are still not back to where they should be. If not for the changes in farming practices such as no till farming I think a lot more people would already be talking about the dust bowl. I talked to several old timers last summer that said it was as bad or worse than it had been in the 30's.

Love Life
06-18-2013, 10:39 PM
The Mariposa fire was started by retards.