PDA

View Full Version : How about Columbus Ohio

Steelshooter
09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
The family and I will be there this weekend for the air show, is there a good gun shop around there or a good place to buy reloading supplies? Any other place of interest to go to? Thanks in advance for any information.
Chuck

Guido4198
09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Over the past few years..Columbus has become VERY anti-gun. When I lived there( it's been a while), there were two shops just outside the city limits I went to...Vance's Shooting Supplies, and "Dan's". It wouldn't suprise me if neither of them are still there, but if I were to go back for a visit..I'd check and see in the phone book. Interesting area...lot of target shooting, not much hunting. Ohio has very restrictive hunting reg's compared to a lot of other places I've lived. Try the German Village neighborhood for some good food.

Shepherd2
09-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Vance's is still there. They enlarged the store some years ago. They also own Buckeye Outdoors which is east of Columbus about 30 miles near Newark just off I70. BO is open on Sunday. I'd be surprised if Dan's is still around. Before I moved away 20+ years ago I was in Dan's all the time. Good guy and best prices around.

Oh yea! there is also a Gander Mountain just east of Columbus at Reynoldsburg right on I70. My son was in there a few weeks ago and told me the prices were thru the roof. He couldn't believe it.

cattleskinner
09-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I have to agree with everything that Shepherd had to say. Vance's has a selection of reloading stuff when I was in there last year. Gander does too, but mostly you'll find high priced j bullets, and a bunch of shotgun reloaders. Buckeye outdoors is like a mini cabelas. If you make it north of Delaware, there is a little shop called Norton's Sporting Goods. It is a little hole in the wall gunshop/bait and tackle, but I always enjoy going in everytime I drive by there. www.nortonsportinggoods.com
There is also Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, I've never been there, but they advertise it on the radio a fair amount. Granted, this is only from what I've heard, but I've heard it is pretty yuppy and expensive. Here is thier website http://blackwingsc.com/
I'm from north about an hour north of Columbus, so I can't be much help to you other than to tell you the main ones that have already been mentioned.

~Amos

Steelshooter
09-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks alot guys for the information, I will try to get to Vance if the family will let me.
Chuck