PDA

View Full Version : Need help programming a PID controller

KYCaster
06-13-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm at a complete loss here....:oops:

A couple of years ago I bought some PID controllers from a member here, (I don't remember who) and finally got around to trying to use them. Wired one of them up and can't get any output to my relay. The operating manual makes no sense at all to me.

They are Jumo brand....type 702040/88-888-101-23/061

When trying to switch functions, I have not been able to return to the same function two times in a row.....they seem to appear in random order. Usually, by the time I search the manual for the function showing on the display, the reset time expires and I'm back to square one with no clue how to retrieve the same function again.

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the procedure?

Pleeeeeaaaaase?

Jerry

theperfessor
06-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Frozone is the resident expert on PID controllers, he has also sold components for same. Did you get the controller from him maybe? Or try to contact him for help?

Just a suggestion, he helped me when I made mine.

Frozone
06-18-2013, 06:53 PM
http://www.jumoplus.com/pdf_manuals/70/b70.2040.pdf

Try this:

Page 31 of PDF manual.

Press and hold P for > 2s ( display should read- Pb.1)
Press P ( display should read- y.0)
Press and hold P for > 2s ( display should read- C111)
Use up down keys to set input type (K = 043)
Press P ( display should read- C112)
Use up down keys to set decimal places and Fº/Cº

continue through menu.

KYCaster
06-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Frozone.

I received a hard copy of the manual with the controllers. I also found a manual online, which has more detail, but still doesn't have the answers I need.

Press and hold P >2 sec.........I get dF
Press P.........nothing changes
Press and hold P >2 sec.........I get C111
etc......

I have not been able to get Pb1 or y.0 on the display.

With two different controllers, both appear to display room temp, but I have nothing on the output leads. I assume the set point is below room temp, therefore no output.

Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Jerry

Frozone
06-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the reply Frozone.

I received a hard copy of the manual with the controllers. I also found a manual online, which has more detail, but still doesn't have the answers I need.

Press and hold P >2 sec.........I get dF
Press P.........nothing changes
Press and hold P >2 sec.........I get C111
etc......
........Jerry

Ok, well we're getting somewhere!

Once you have 'C111' displayed, try the up/down arrow keys. You should get a series of numbers that match the 'input type' table on pg 31 of the PDF manual.
You want '043' displayed.
Then press P again.
Display should read C112. (You MAY need to hold P for ~ 2s instead of just a press I'm not sure)
Let me know what happens.

I have the same unit you have, but I have no time to set it up and hands on test anything now, I barely have time to eat and sleep between trips right now.

KYCaster
06-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Ok, well we're getting somewhere!

Once you have 'C111' displayed, try the up/down arrow keys. You should get a series of numbers that match the 'input type' table on pg 31 of the PDF manual.
You want '043' displayed.
Then press P again.
Display should read C112. (You MAY need to hold P for ~ 2s instead of just a press I'm not sure)
Let me know what happens.

I have the same unit you have, but I have no time to set it up and hands on test anything now, I barely have time to eat and sleep between trips right now.

Your earlier reply helped me get that far. I'm able to change the parameters now.

What I can't do is change the set point. I'm not able to find the Pb1.

Lee W, who sold me the controllers, sent me a PM offering help. I'll see what he has to say.

Thanks for your help.
Jerry