PDA

View Full Version : My Rifle Old Bill

tracker
08-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Some time ago I posted about a Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative that my best friend Steve gave me. I was all chocked up about it. What a great gift of friendship this is. I wanted to show everyone the rifle. He just came back from the range and is ready for a bath. He did real well. Better then I can shoot him. Yes, His name is Old Bill.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/greenboy2005/000_0001_0015.jpg

Tracker

Pop_No_Kick
08-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Now thats a nice Rifle...

thanx's for sharing

Chuck

tracker
08-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, This is what I meant by Old Bill shooting better then I could. These shots were taken at 66 yards on a gravel pit shooting range that everybody uses close to where I live. I had worked up a few loads for testing before these were fired. I haven’t tried to adjust the sights yet as I want to see the load development first. The next trip I will adjust the sights. I ran out of loads and need to make some more up. I am using Speer 170 grain FP for now until I get better set up for cast. When that happens, I will use the our good friend on this site, Junior1942 as my guide to loading cast.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/greenboy2005/000_0001_0016.jpg

Tracker

Herb in Pa
08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Nice weapon and fine shooting!

sundog
08-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Herb, it's a 'rifle'. Not too many of us on this board do 'weapons'. Yes, I know it's a fine point, and I do not mean to sound sanctimonous nor offend. Or it's a firearm. Oh, well, I'll go back to digesting my dinner.... sundog

Linstrum
08-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey, Tracker, that's neat!

Back in about 1977 I met a guy from Maine who had just moved out here. After we got to know each other he showed me his pride and joy. He said it had kept the family fed for over 80 years, starting with his great-grandpa in 1895. His pride and joy looked an awful lot like the one in your picture, except it didn't have much bluing left on it. Not a ding, dent, or speck of rust, though. I looked down the bore from the front, using a cigarette paper to reflect light in from the breach end, and the bore was bright and shiny. I hope yours will be shown to somebody 80 years from now and have a history like the one I saw!

Buckshot
08-15-2005, 07:38 AM
..............Very nice rifle. I'm very partial to octagon or part octagon-part round barrels on leverguns. Nice friend too :D. I've named a couple of my rifles at times, but forgive me if I don't repeat their names here. The new Winchester 94 in 38-55 is calling to me as a matter of fact.

An old departed friend had a Win commemorative of some sort that a cowboy aciton shooting friend bought. Seemed a bit TOO fancy for me (too much money, too). French gray reciever and a bunch of other stuff, in 38-55. My freind said he bought it for his wife. Uh-huh, works for me.

...............Buckshot