PDA

View Full Version : Boolit Man,Bub,Mold,Master

Marc2
09-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Been hanging around here for a couple of years and have to ask. Whats the Boolit Bud, Boolit Man, Boolit Mold, Boolit Master deal under each persons name? Is it some kind of ladder like in boy scouts? I've been stuck at Boolit Man for years. Is that the pinnacle or should I strive for higher ground?

Marc

357maximum
09-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Just a few more posts, and you will see with your own eyes.

Marc2
09-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Ah, then. Its based on the number of posts.

Marc

Marc2
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
I wonder if 100 posts is a special number.

Marc

Marc2
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Well, Lets see......... No Im still Boolit Man

Marc

357maximum
09-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I thought it changed at 100 but i am often incorrect when i am dead cetain I am correct...go figure.

Bret4207
09-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Just make sure you don't become a Boolit Master around the same time you handle a Bator group buy. (Think about it)

Wayne Smith
09-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I thought it changed at 100 but i am often incorrect when i am dead cetain I am correct...go figure.

Psychological research has absolutely proven that there is no relationship between perceived confidence and objective accuracy. Who woulda thunk it?

9.3X62AL
09-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Confidence (defined)--the feeling you have before knowing the full story.

The Boolit "rankings" are based on post count, and nothing else AFAIK. What that number is........is a mystery from the dawn of time to this poster.

Calamity Jake
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Post #150 makes you a boolet master. I just got mine a few days ago.
Been a member here sence the old shooters days, just don't post much.

Have a good day.

walltube
09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
It's a "Caste Society" 'round here, boy. Get used to it.

:kidding:

It don't mean a thing, Marc2 :-) Now you get to posting Yo self and climb that ladder.

SharpsShooter
09-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Just make sure you don't become a Boolit Master around the same time you handle a Bator group buy. (Think about it)

:groner:

Give thought to seeking proffessional help:-D

SS

Marc2
09-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Wayne,

I didnt realize you were a psychologist. I usually dont ask for free advice from the medical community but since you're here....... What happens to someone who gets stuck at Boolit Man? Does he develop feelings of inadequacy? Can that impact his boolit casting (ie, wrinkled boolits, boolit fins, undersized driving bands)? Would those inferiority feelings be recognized by tire store owners? And could they carry over to his day job? Would changing to a more boolit neutral designation raise self esteem?

Marc

GSM
09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Bret:

Very nice - it just takes a while some days. There will always be a need for a cunning linguist.

Powderpacker
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
What happened to the whole 'family values thing'? I'm shocked !
(and I just got one more post in toward my 'master' classification)

2 dogs
09-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I post all the time...not sure it makes me a "master"....

Lloyd Smale
09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
we need another step. I WANT A PROMOTION. Make me a supermaster or some such crap!! Or possible a master baiter

leftiye
09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Wayne, Do the Social Scientists actually prove some stuff (add to known facts) or just disprove stuff? At the rate science is progressing, in another five years(?) we won't know anything. Another member here devises trials for everything imagineable, and proves the null hypothesis for practically everything that he tests. No wonder we are all so confused. I'd go for a little confidence right now, even if it were proven that it had no relationship to being right! (just kidding- can't find that chain jerking thang)

Navahojoe
09-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Some people are known to Master Carpenters, some, Master Boolit Casters, some, Master Shooters and always, there have been, " Master Baiters"
NavahoJoe

:castmine:

Buckshot
09-26-2007, 03:56 AM
..............In my early days on the internet on the old Roderus gunbuilding/smithing/etc site there were similar type notations under posters avatars and handles. I didn't know what is was or meant and thought maybe you had to pass a test or something to move up from 'Newbie' or 'Lunk head' :-) status to something a bit more noble.

On the "Machinist Gunsmith" forum when a guy with maybe 1800 posts who was tagged as Master something or other, asked a question like "What's a drill bit do?" It was at that point I realized there were no tests to pass, and you advanced only by means of your number of posts, ha!

There will be only one way to truly become a real life "Master Caster". That is to obtain one mould, and one mould only for something like a 45 cal 230gr RN slug. You may gain the title as others inspect your production. However it will soon be realized that the title may be deserved but the knowledge you can pass on might be a trifle narrow :bigsmyl2:

There is a beginning, and a learning process is contained in the middle, but to date I don't think anyone has ever reached the end.

.................Buckshot

FISH4BUGS
09-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Some people are known to Master Carpenters, some, Master Boolit Casters, some, Master Shooters and always, there have been, " Master Baiters"
NavahoJoe

:castmine:

You must first be an "apprentice baiter". Only after a long apprenticeship do you become a master.

HORNET
09-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I noticed that I made Boolit Master a little while ago. I wonder if I should update my resume to include this? I'm sure my boss would be real impressed......

floodgate
09-26-2007, 11:29 PM
PROCRASTURBATION: The fine art of sensuous stalling.

floodgate