PDA

View Full Version : Lee 9mm mold worked great and thanks to DukeInMaine!

Curlymaple42
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
DukeInMaine invited me over last night to help me prep my first mold. About 4 yrs ago he got me fired up about casting and I went to that casting clinic in ma with him and Stewart. What a great day! I came home all ramped up and started collecting WW and lead... And then scored skin cancer! Damn! Two yrs on hold for all the fun, got rid of it, now back in the game but low on cash from medical bills and such. Finally could afford a Lee 124gr tumble lube 6 cavity mold. I got to drool on DukeInMaine's collection of beautiful moulds, then we got down to business. Quick mould prep, ie: deburr, degrease, lightly lube Sprue plate once mould heated up. No smoking the moulds or any of the stuff I thought we would have to do! The first half a dozen casts were too cool, then things started rolling and we got some good boolits!

Thanks goes out to DukeInMaine for his welcoming in and being a great host and teacher, despite his own medical woes. Not surprisingly he has a very nice daughter who I had the pleasure to meet.