PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Bullet Co.

FALaholic
06-11-2013, 07:25 PM
So I had ordered a bunch of handgun bullets prior to embarking on the 'pour your own' quest. In all the scads of research that I have done I keep seeing BHN of 10-14 at the most. However their bullets are 18! I have to wonder now if that is way too hard and why I possibly had leading issues in a Storm Lake barrel I recently shot with said bullets?
They haven't arrived yet but doubtful I could cancel the order at this point

338RemUltraMag
06-11-2013, 07:45 PM
What bullets? Lead hardness is not near as important as Fit and Lube if you are shooting a 9mm and buying bullets sized at .356 it will lead with all alloys no matter the hardness.

jonp
06-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I've shot a few hundred of their boolits out of my 45colt with no problem. It's more of a function of boolit fit and velocity than anything in reasonable loads in handguns.

FALaholic
06-11-2013, 07:57 PM
I've shot a few hundred of their boolits out of my 45colt with no problem. It's more of a function of boolit fit and velocity than anything in reasonable loads in handguns.

Yes disregard...just now reading that portion in Ingot to Target. I need to slug the note but to answer the question it was in a G22 40 s&w

Herb3
06-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I used Missouri Bullet Co for all my reloading until I started to cast my own a couple of years ago. I guess I was lucky because I never had an issue with any of their bullets I reloaded. I used them for 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 38 Spl, 380 and 9mm. My CZ-75 loved their "Small Ball"

opos
06-11-2013, 10:03 PM
If you go to M/B website it shows "cowboy action bullets" , "match series, and "action shooting bullets" in the pistol section....the cowboy action series is all a 12 hardness and the action shooting series are 18. I think the "match series" is somewhere around B/N 10 or so...I buy both 45 Colt and 357/38 in the Cowboy action series (45 is a "cowboy #4 and as I recall the 38 is a cowboy #2 ...might be mistaken...they are in the garage) They are both a b/n of 12 and shoot great with the little light loads I use them for. They also make "gun specific" or application specific named projectiles (for example a IDP #4 in 45 cal in 200 grain for the XD....but they work in any .45 acp as I understand it) the B/N is 18 on those..their "technical data" section explains why they make both. They are buried right now as are most but I've had great luck with the products I've gotten from them. I got no interest in their business...just satisfied with the products I've gotten from them and their customer service:

http://www.missouribullet.com/technical.php

HighHook
06-12-2013, 06:30 AM
I have shot 100s of thousands of MB 9/45 with awesome results... Great company!

RobsTV
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM
If you go to M/B website it shows "cowboy action bullets" , "match series, and "action shooting bullets" in the pistol section....the cowboy action series is all a 12 hardness and the action shooting series are 18. I think the "match series" is somewhere around B/N 10 or so...I buy both 45 Colt and 357/38 in the Cowboy action series (45 is a "cowboy #4 and as I recall the 38 is a cowboy #2 ...might be mistaken...they are in the garage) They are both a b/n of 12 and shoot great with the little light loads I use them for. They also make "gun specific" or application specific named projectiles (for example a IDP #4 in 45 cal in 200 grain for the XD....but they work in any .45 acp as I understand it) the B/N is 18 on those..their "technical data" section explains why they make both. They are buried right now as are most but I've had great luck with the products I've gotten from them. I got no interest in their business...just satisfied with the products I've gotten from them and their customer service:

Purchased some of these Cowboy #10 12BHN for my BP Winchester 38-40 (changed to proper BP lube before loading). Seemed as hard as normal and sure enough, tested at 14.3BHN, or exact same as suters choice normal 2-6-92. Just seems like they go out of there way to hook people with ads saying what people want to hear (stressing Hardness-Optimized Bullets BHN numbers instead of fit/size), then you get what they send you, irregardless of what they say. Also note that right below the individual bullets listed is a Lewis lead remover kit. Just thought that was a little funny since you won't need any lead removal kit if you get the right bullet to begin with.

Problem now solved 100% by casting my own at 10BHN.

Occasionally use those "Cowboy" bullets in my 40 S&W, which do work O.K. for being commercially made stuff.

jonp
06-12-2013, 08:32 AM

I bought a box of the 200gr xd #4 and use them in both my 45acp and 45lc. Works great in both and the crimp groove is nice