PDA

View Full Version : Great 15 years

blackthorn
09-24-2007, 11:03 AM
My wife and I have been married for 11 years today! We have been together for 15 years (second round for both of us) and so far we have not had even cross words. She is a keeper!!! I really dont know how or why she puts up with me and my constant search for more moulds/lead/guns etc. etc. but she does. She had lived all her life on the BC coast in a very green enviroment. When I retired 3 years ago we moved to the BC interior where it is semi desert and a real fight to even keep a bit of green lawn. The only stipulation she made was that we had to buy a home with air conditioning. We did!! Well, time to take my keeper out to breakfast so have a great day and may you all be as lucky and as happy as me!!!

Char-Gar
09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
My first marriage which lasted 30 years was toxic from day one. My second marriage is now on it's 12 year and I am truly delighted. Even though we have only been married 12 years , I have known this delightful woman since 1950.

I can't think of anything in life that brings more joy than a good marriage. I also can't think of anything in life that brings more pain and unhappyness than a bad marriage.

You and your "Sugar Pie" enjoy breakfast and consider yourselves blessed to have each other.

DeanoBeanCounter
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
:-D Good for you. My love and I are at 23 years and counting. Second round for both of us too. Her 3 kids and my 2 kids. 9 grandkids and counting. One problem we had was her son is named Derek and my son is named Derrick. Enjoy your time together, it's to short. :mrgreen:
Deano

Blammer
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
1st an only time for me, 9 yrs last june.

seems like yesterday we were saying our vows... time flies when you're haveing fun!

Springfield
09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Second time for me, 13 years with this one. She even shoots cowboy with me, can't ask for any more than that. Have 2 kids, one 4 and the other is 6 years old TODAY!

flhroy
09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Happy Anniversary Blackthon! Hope you have many more. Been together with my wife 30 years next August, over 27 of those married. I feel soooo Lucky.
Where are you at in the BC interior. Spent a lot of time up there in my truck driving days. I have some fond memories of the Selmo-Creston. You can imagine my surprise when I found out those numbers on the Canadian Maps are METERS not feet. Thats one hell of a snow pack they get up there. I must say thats the only place where I've been where the highway was closed while the Army cleared avalance hazards with field artilery. Again congratulations and I hope you have many more to come

Roy

Rick N Bama
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
My wife & I have been married for 40 years as of the 3rd of this month. She hates shooting & I hate quilting so we get along just fine:) 2 kids & 6 Grandkids keep things interesting.

Rick

jawjaboy
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats Blackthorn! 30 wonderful years with this little Grandma! 3 kids(all shooters), 5 grands, and this is Ben...the latest grand. Ben says "Howdy".

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IMG_0158.jpg

Shiloh
09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
12 years for us. I got a Lee Production pot on the 8th anniversary. Reloading for 30 years casting my own for 4

Shiloh :castmine:

Wayne Smith
09-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Happy Anniversary, Blackthorn! For LOML and I it's 32 years and going strong, boys now 26 and 23, with the youngest marrying in Dec. to the daughter of our best friends! God is good! Oh, and oldest has his MDiv and the youngest will have Masters in Areospace Engineering and future daughter-in-law working on Masters in Counseling.

imashooter2
09-24-2007, 05:39 PM
My wife seems to have chosen very well. I've been with her longer than I was without her. 31 years, more good than bad. I like to complain as much as the next guy, but honestly, I don't know what I'd do without her.

Anyway, congratulations to you blackthorn, I wish you many years of continued happiness!

kodiak1
09-24-2007, 09:54 PM
28 1/2 years of wedded bliss! Oh we have had our moments good and bad but I don't think there is another one out there that would have put up with me and my gunnut ways. Took me the better part of 26 years to get her to even try shooting, now if I get to the range with out her I miss her and I think she is jealous.
She is the best brass scrounger of the lot so she is worth her weight in brass anyway!!!!!!
Ken.

jhrosier
09-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Happy anniversary to you both.:drinks:
Me and the MRs. will be celebrating 33, next month.
We agree that we have to stay together because nobody else would have either of us.:-D

Dale53
09-24-2007, 11:56 PM
We will celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary next June. Most of the credit, in all fairness, must go to my wife. A VERY tolerant lady, indeed. We have three wonderful children (our oldest son, the Colonel [Special Forces Medical Officer] his wife and their two children have been spending the week with me and the wife). We have been making the rounds of the local attractions. We are certainly blessed. They leave for home Friday for Ft. Bragg, NC. It will be entirely too quiet around here:( .

Congratulations to all of you!!

Dale53

44man
09-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Good show Dale! :-D We are at 46 years.
I hope all of you others last forever too. When the little lady starts complaining, make boolits, retire to the loading bench and never fight. Get a lovable dog to calm you down, works wonders. :drinks:

Ron in PA
09-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Happy Anniversary, We will celebrate our 35th on October 18.

1Shirt
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Still married to the first wife after 43 years. I introduce her on occaision just that way as "my first wife". Keeps her on her toes. Am now to old and set in my ways to train a different one, or be trained as the case might be by a different one. Mine actually pushed me to do an African hunt this year instead of us going to China for the Olympics. She is not quite as supportive of me going back for a second hunt in a couple of years-----but she is slowly warming up to the idea.
1Shirt!:coffee:

1hole
09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
1Shirt, I had to laff: "I introduce her on occaision just that way as "my first wife". Keeps her on her toes" cause I sometimes do that myself.

We got married three kids and 48 years ago last month. 'Bout decided to keep her! At times during the first 20 we fought like cats and dogs but that decreased as we just wore the rough chunks off each other. Haven't had any really good yelling practice for maybe 20 years now. The quite is sorta pleasant but it does seem boring at times. ;) Don't thnk either of us will do well alone.

Would any of you be interested in seeing the 29 S&W, .54 TC Renagade, GI 1911, Browning Safari 22-250 and Sweet 16 Auto5 she has bought me? Along with a passel of reloading gear, case trimmer, tumbler, etc., ?

God, I treasure this woman! All the nights she has set up with sick and injured kids, including me, while ignoring her own pains have worn her down so she ain't the trim, pretty little thing she was in high school, except to me.

A good woman is a treasure for any man.

standles
09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
First time for me and it was 12 years.

Learned my lesson and have not repeated the 2nd trial yet.

I only have to be hit o nthe nose with the rolled up newspaper once to learn [smilie=1:

floodgate
09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Guess we can beat even Dale 53; met 63 years ago, in Jr. High School; married since July 30, 1954 - 53 years and counting, and still good friends.

floodgate

Bass Ackward
09-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Some a you guys need to wake up and do the math. Iffin your wife is still 29, and you have been married longer than 11 years, then you are guilty of taking advantage of a minor. :grin:

That's how I get out of expensive anniversary gifts. I tell her that we are stuck at 11 years for our anniversary so those big present numbers haven't arrived yet. :grin:

blackthorn
09-25-2007, 07:33 PM
flhroy---We are in Kamloops, so somewhat north-west of the Selmo-creston. I know what you mean about the winters there though, as I spent quite a few years traveling the province for work. After the end of October I usually flew rather than risk driving.

To the rest , thanks for the well wishes as we wish for you. Have a great day.