PDA

View Full Version : Visited Hornady again.....

Harry O
06-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I was cruising past Grand Island, NE on Thursday and decided to stop in to see what Hornady had in factory seconds and if I could buy anything directly at full retail.

There was very little in the factory seconds bin. They don't sell directly to anyone. Took the tour while I was there. I took a tour about 4 years ago. The heavy metal shelves they have for completed bullet storage was totally full at that time. This time, the metal shelves were half (or a little bit more) empty. Or, as an optimist would say, half (or a little bit less) full. The area that they are packaging shipments to dealers (on pallets with shrink wrap), was at least twice as busy as last time I was there. I was told that they are working extra shifts, but there is no end of shortages in sight, yet.

btroj
06-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I need to get out there and take a tour sometime. Ave been there numerous times, bought some rejects. Heck, I must have 1000 or more rejects downstairs right now. Possible 2500 even. I just don't shoot many jacketed these days.

Nice people out there in GI.

Rex
06-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Harry O,
I live in the other direction at Paxton, NE. I have taken the tour of Hornady's a couple of times several years ago. At that time I could buy retail from them but they always put a Lock-Stock and Barrel sticker on the boxes I bought. Very nice people, anyone getting close should stop and tour their plant.

LocoFixer
06-10-2013, 12:00 AM
I grew up in Kearney and never have made it to Hornady, always figure one of these times i go back to see my parents i will head over and take a tour.

Harry O
06-10-2013, 07:34 PM
The tours are Monday through Thursday. No tours on Friday. Closed to the public on Saturday. No advance notice is required.