PDA

View Full Version : Doing Some Casting

jtaylor1960
09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Finally got to cast some bullets this weekend. I was turning into a mold collector instead of a caster and shooter.Not that there's anything wrong with that.Icast some bullets from my RCBS 37-250 for my Marlin 38/55.After just a few bullets it started dropping keepers.I cast some RCBS 270-SAA .It took a while to get the pot hot enough but once It did it cast some nice bullets.I cast some 323-185gr. from an iron NEI mold .This mold suprised me.Starting with the first bullet each and every bullet out of that mold was a good one.You opened the mold and the bullet falls out just like it's supposed to.I just got done sizing the bullets for my 38/55.I'm going to try and get some ammo loaded this week after work.I would like to hunt with that gun this year.

Buckshot
09-24-2007, 03:48 AM
..............I sure do like that when the slug falls out when you open the blocks. Doesn't happen real often. Usually a tap on the handle hinge does it for most. Yet the 'Tapper' is required so often that my right hand would feel naked without it :-)

..................Buckshot