PDA

View Full Version : Free at last

Goatwhiskers
06-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Just thought I'd mention to those who supported me in prayer that I get released from rehab for that back surgery tomorrow. Gonna be wonderful to see home, family, and our dogs again. They say I'll have to be very careful for a couple months yet to let everything heal but I can handle that. Might even be able to figure a way to sniff a little gunsmoke in the mean time, or at least load a few. GW

Hamish
06-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Strength through prayer my friend!

10-x
06-06-2013, 09:39 PM
GW, be very careful and do exactly what the Dr. says. One of my best friends had back surgery a week ago. He felt so good he over did it and messed up big time. He can't move his foot, back in the hospital, another surgery and is going to rehab late today? I told him there will be "rehab nazis" looking after him, and he wanted me to go hog hunting soon.........

RoyEllis
06-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Great news GW!!! Take it easy for a little while & you should be OK, overdo it & you may screw up your back for life. All it takes is for one of the bone graft pcs to get shifted & hit the spinal cord and your done for. I'm going to keep lifting you up in prayer for complete healing, I know it'll happen!

Bzcraig
06-06-2013, 10:14 PM
It is good news GW, but as mentioned please follow Dr orders to the T. If your like most of us you won't, so praying your family will pester you! Praying for complete healing without future pain.

ph4570
06-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ed Barrett
06-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Glad you are back

slim1836
06-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome back. Now just sit back and read all that you have missed on this site, should be plenty of posts to catch up on.

By that time you should be back in the swing of things.

Slim

Goatwhiskers
06-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Don't worry, following orders to a T. FWIW Roy, no graft involved, my Dr hasn't done one in over a year. A pair of studs in each vertebra, connected by vertical rods, 3 sets total, and a pair of plastic spacers in front of each of the two joints. Supposed to heal up much faster. I'm up walking my long driveway already. Even got a home health nurse coming out and home therapy too. Quite a production. It's waiting on the healing that's so frustrating. Can't pick up anything over 5lbs, heck every rifle I own weighs more than that. May have to sneak out and fire one just to get my dose of gunsmoke, withdrawal ya know. GW

slim1836
06-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Start with a bb gun and work up to pistol. BB guns are a lot of fun and challenging.

FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Slim