PDA

View Full Version : No ammo shortage now!!!

Rex
06-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Went to Wal Mart last night and bought a Daisy Powerline 880s for my grandson and myself, mostly myself. Plenty of pellets. Now let me catch those rabbits eyeing my garden.

reloaderman1
06-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Sad state of affairs ............. but I'm thinking the same way !

Epd230
06-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Great training tool for both, young and old.

9w1911
06-06-2013, 11:00 AM
my wallyworld had a bushmaster is stock 977.00 and some ammo, not much but some.

Down South
06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
LOL, I've also been shooting a pellet gun a lot. Bought me one of those backyard pellet traps so I can shoot it in the RV park that I reside in while in Houston. The manager is still scratching his head whether I can do that or not but he hasn't shut me down yet.
I even upgraded the rifle a bit. I bought a Charlie Da Tuna GRT-4G trigger for it and it actually helped out the trigger pull a lot. The rifle is a Gamo Whisper.
http://charliedatuna.com/
I've been trying different pellets to see what the gun likes. So far the expensive stuff, the Gamo PBA Raptor Pellets.
http://www.airgundepot.com/gamo-raptor-pellets.html
I can get the pellets a little cheaper at Walmart than the link above.

bangerjim
06-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Check out the several 6mm Airsoft full blowback guns that are out there. I have 4 hand guns, including a Sig 100% look/function like. Great for training. Even some police departments are using the gas-powered blowback airsoft guns for training.

Mine all use propane for the power. Just buy a $14 adaptor and use the 2/$5 green Coleman cans at WalMart. You do NOT need to buy the expensive "green gas" the guns are designed for. It is just propane without the smell agent and a bit of silicone oil. Add the oil (a drop) manually every 10 loads

Velocities are around 460-500 FPS. And you can shoot them legally in most towns. I don't know about the liberal east and left coast! There, even a poptart can be considered a weapon!

I also have several electric (Li-lon) powered rifles including an AR-15 and a Thompson Typewriter. The shoot hundreds of rounds in a clip and fire tons of rounds/min. Fun.

Normal airsoft guns that do not have blowback feel like a toy. These I have are all metal and feel and look like my real guns....except for the orange tip. Even the mags load like the real thing.

Pyramidair.com has a bunch.

Only shoot the heavy or medium ammo. The light weight stuff is a waste of time and money.

Just another facet of the monetary black hole we call a hobby!

bangerjim 8-)

Rex
06-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Mine is less than expensive at $39.00 plus change. The thing said it would take up to 10 pumps so last night I gave it 6 pumps and stuck it out the back door to see if it would shoot all the way to the garage about 20 yards away. Darn thing buried the pellet just below flush in the door. Went out this morning and filled the hole with paint before my wife saw it. The rabbit that has been hanging around my garden could be in serious trouble.

farmallcrew
06-06-2013, 06:18 PM
yea pellet gun is a lot cheaper right now. but i scored 3 lbs of FFFG black powder this past weekend at the gun show for 27.00 for all 3 lbs. so ill be making some smoke for a while.

otter5555
06-06-2013, 09:07 PM
i love to shoot anything that throws a projectile but i have a real soft spot for air. my current favorite is a rws 34 classic with t06 trigger, .177 cal. the trigger was 14 oz out of the box, zero creep, breaks like glass.

i shoot it to 125 yds using a nice mildot scope. it is a 1/2 min rifle. went through 11 types of pellets to get it there. turned out most accurate was on the shelf at wally world.

i seldom go to a town so after finding what it liked bought several thousand.

ear shots of coyotes at 20-25 yds brings 'em down instantly :)