PDA

View Full Version : Clays powder factory in Australia burned?

300winmag
06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Do any of you know about this, is it true or not? I cannot find any info about it.
:coffeecom
A dealer that that my friend knows told him that, Clays powder factory in Australia burned down so there will be no more Clays available until next year.

Lefty SRH
06-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Oh my god thats terrible. Hope nobody got hurt either. That sucks, I use CLAYS in all 4 of my IDPA guns. Good thing I bought a new 8lb (still unopened) can this past Christmas.

Norbrat
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
As far as I know, there is only one powder factory in Australia, Thales ADI, in the town of Mulwala in NSW.

Be assured that if there was any ind of incident in this facility, it would be immediately in the Australian news and there has been nothing.

So I would assume that this report is not true.

There was an incident a number of years ago where a worker died due to an explosion in one of the outer buildings. Perhaps it is this old history which is being alluded to.

JeffinNZ
06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Nothing on the ADI site. Like Norbrat said, we would have heard.

300winmag
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
I am glad the local members in OZ chimed in here, living there you can get the info first hand.
Thanks Guys.

runfiverun
06-06-2013, 01:14 AM
it wouldn't just be clays that would be affected.

wlc
06-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Glad to hear the update from down under. I had heard something very similar at our local Sportsmans Warehouse last week. One of the guys at the gun counter told me almost the same story.... Don't know where he got his info. Really glad its not true!!!

RoyEllis
06-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Sounds like some of the rumors I hear, several tell the same story but nobody has provable leads to the info. Sure glad it's not true, would really stink for another thing to clog up the supply lines.

uscra112
06-06-2013, 05:38 AM
That would be the plant that makes Varget, too, then?

Wal'
06-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Mmmmmmmm.......... lots of ways to keep the prices up ????????? I live close by to Mulwala & ADI Munitions Benalla, Victoria, if it had gone up I would have heard it. :lol:

Wal'
06-06-2013, 07:21 AM
That would be the plant that makes Varget, too, then?

Yep.........so still in production...... Varget" is the Australian ADI AR2208

http://adi-powders.com.au/handloaders-guide/equivalents.asp

btroj
06-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Image that, a component related rumr that is, well, just a rumor.

Can't believe I haven't gotten an email about it yet.....

MakeMineA10mm
06-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Image that, a component related rumr that is, well, just a rumor.

Can't believe I haven't gotten an email about it yet.....

:lol:

Indeed! It is crazy the things dealers say to "excuse" their lack of product or explain higher prices. I'm sure it goes up the supply chain some and distributors 'spin yarns' for the same reasons to the dealers...

The great mistake nowadays is that we have friends in far-flung places who actually know and can verify the lack of veracity in these reports...

km101
06-06-2013, 06:48 PM
That rumor about the Australian plant burning/blowing up seems to circulate about every two years! I guess the people who start it don't know that there is communication with Australia.

btroj
06-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I tink that rumor started when a person was hospitalized because of a needle rack in a McDonalds ball pit. Or was it because they took PPA even though it hasn't been on the market for years. Maybe it was started by a Nigerian prince who wants to get you're money you are owed....