PDA

View Full Version : 45 70 bullets

Randy C
06-04-2013, 12:11 PM
These are from the same mould I had made from Old West Bullet Moulds, I did not make them and I cant say who did, but I cant thank them enough, I did pay a fair price for them, 547gr Silhouette bullets alloy is 1-20 with Eagle Black Powder Lube. I'm not set up to smelter and don't have time to do everything it takes to get set up and learn and keep up at work My mom passed away and now dad is in the hospital he's breathing again and doing a little better, but I want to shoot. I went to the Carson ND shoot and had a great time they help me get acquainted with my new 45 70 sharps I had never shot a gun like this. I ordered some Hoke sights hope to get them soon. I have to reload some black powder bullets and learn the new sights. The last Carson meet they were rained out I did not get to go to the Sage Brush Black Powder Long Range Shoot in Mobridge SD we wanted to go to that but I was not ready!!! and I want my new sights and I wanted to shoot bullets from my Moulds. Things are looking up, I have 2 weeks off so I can shoot and visit with family, My wife has a motel so we can go to the ND. Badlands Black Powder Cartridge Match July 20 & 21 and the I'm off for the next 2 Carson shoots June 23 and July 28.

72588 72589 72590

DLCTEX
06-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Fun! Let us know how it goes.

Tatume
06-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi Randy,

Prayers for your Dad. Hope your shooting goes well.

Take care, Tom

Randy C
06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Thank you, I'm trying to start and set up my RCBS PRO 2000 for my dies right now. I have it set up for manual advance and I'm going to use the Lyman classic black powder measure on the bench. I've never used any of this black powder equipment. I have a extra RCBS decap die set up in my rock chucker I have 2 boxes of brass that I shot through my gun already I'm not going to resize this brass, but I have 150 pieces of new brass that I have to resize. I bought the bullet seat die to match my bullets modified by OLD WEST. Well it's bed time it will next week before I get to try this again. I normally have about 6 hours a night that I'm not working I use it to eat shower and sleep then of to work again.

Randy C
06-10-2013, 11:12 AM
73146 73147

Well I have no excuses now I have to make some bullets.

Two Rivers
06-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Randy,

Hoke make a great sight, enjoy.