PDA

View Full Version : Midway product notice, primers

Tatume
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Hello Folks,

I had signed up for a product arrival notice for Magtech LP primers. I was at my computer when the notice arrived, immediately clicked the link, and was told the product was already sold out. This was a matter of mere seconds.

The democrats claim that 90% of Americans support their agenda to outlaw guns. It appears that just the opposite is true. I'm not surprised.

Take care, Tom

lka
06-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Yep the libtarded left Has mastered smoke and mirrors, Notice how they're polling data is usually based on Twitter or Facebook? Soon we will be writing laws off twitter accounts. Or they will word their polling questions funny like do you think there should be some regulations on automatic assault weapons, Your average brain-dead American would say yes.....

I know quite a few people and work with a lot And I have yet to find one that thought we need stricter gun laws..

They will throw up a picture on Facebook of a grieving mother or family and say like this if you fo not want children to die, Of course they like it then they come back and say look 90% of Americans what gun control!

The libtards have been brainwashing our children in the public schools for many years now

johntkd
06-04-2013, 07:01 PM
sent you the trick to getting primers from midway in a private message good luck

Beagle333
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
I keep hearin' that they're makin' primers as fast as they can..... and my stores don't have em here. Lots of folks are writing that their stores don't have em there. Online retailers say they ain't got em.

Well somebody's gotta be gettin' em!

One day that big ol' Santa's bag full of primers somewhere is just gonna bust open and we're all gonna be knee deep in primers!!!! ;-)

johntkd
06-04-2013, 07:51 PM
they are getting them and selling them my bro got some at a cabelas last week and i got some online a few weeks ago and had another chance to get more last week but didnt because i have enough now

dilly
06-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I was under the impression that they are making primers as fast as they can... and selling them in the manufacturer's own loaded ammunition instead of to reloaders.

mattd
06-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I was having that same experience over and over, then on like the tenth time I managed to get them in my cart and even get thru the check out process. I called to add something to the order and the lady said she wasn't going to mess with the already placed primer order because she didn't want to have a chance of me missing out on the primers. Said they only get 10ish boxes of 1k in at a time.

There's a few stores local to me that have em, tho. Either limit you to 200 at a time, or charge $5 per 100 even if you're buying 1000. Guess I'm lucky enough to be picky enough to hold out for $35 per 1k.

johntkd
06-04-2013, 10:48 PM
the bad thing about midway is they zap you the hax mat and zap you hard on shipping as well, other sites dobnt add in a excessive shipping charge on top of the haz mat charge.....
my last primer order from midway had 68 bucks in shipping charges alone with the haz mat other places its just the 25 or 28 haz mat

I will say last time i got the primers from midway though i completed the order at 4:49 pm on wednesday and they were sitting in my hand friday noon

mustanggt
06-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I've been short on small pistol primers for awhile now and wasn't finding any on line so I just kept going to my LGS's and finally got my ration of 300 at one. I was happy with my fortune and went to another one for something else and lo and behold there was a brick of 1K sitting on the shelf there just for me!!! So now I'm good for awhile till I use those up. I've heard of a lot of punitive shipping and hazmat fees being levied that has totally turned me off to paying $10 a hundred. I won't do that. Times would have to be apocalyptic for that to happen vis a vis reloading components.

captaint
06-04-2013, 11:50 PM
I got LPP from Midsouth ( Tula - for 21 something/thou) on Fri nite. I couldn't believe my good fortune. So, they are there. Ya just need to get lucky. Mike

hanover67
06-05-2013, 01:20 AM
I use Winchester primers, all 4 types. I did a group buy with 4 other guys from Powder Valley just before the craziness hit and I bought 6 lbs of powder and 2,000 primers at their (low) list prices. My share of the combined shipping and hazmat charges was $11. Unfortunately I didn't order enough small pistol primers at the time. Powder Valley has been "out of stock" on Winchester primers every time I've checked back.

So, I'm not reloading .38 Spl. or .32-20's for a while, just rifles and .44 Specials, and getting a lot of .22 practice.

Boyscout
06-05-2013, 02:56 AM
I've been doing small batches of reloads using substitue primers in order to test them before doing any volume. I have always used CCI and Winchester; now I am trying Tula and Sellior & Belloit. I take notes and will use what's available if my preferred brands aren't there.

texassako
06-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Midway, and several others, don't tell you how many they have in stock. It could be a pallet they received, or a small box. I put some Fiocchi in my basket last week, but then decided to make sure they were decent. In my search I found threads showing they went in and out of stock twice earlier that day on other forums. Checked out about 30 minutes later and they showed up yesterday. Shipping and hazmat were the same as anywhere else pretty much.

montana_charlie
06-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Hello Folks,

I had signed up for a product arrival notice for Magtech LP primers. I was at my computer when the notice arrived, immediately clicked the link, and was told the product was already sold out. This was a matter of mere seconds.
How often does your email program check for new messages?
Mine is set to check mail every fifteen minutes.

If I received the alert that you got, I would already be 15 minutes late (not mere seconds) in putting an order in.

CM

BBQJOE
06-05-2013, 04:50 PM
sent you the trick to getting primers from midway in a private message good luck
There's a trick? And you're not going to share????
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

w0fms
06-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Readily available at the last gun show.. WIN SPP's at $27/K. Wait a month or two and I don't think this will be an issue. A LGS here had Remingtons and the holy grail (at least to me) CCI 500's at $31K a couple of weeks ago. It's not as tight as it was a couple of months ago. Good luck to you.

johntkd
06-05-2013, 05:35 PM
There's a trick? And you're not going to share????
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

lol oh sorry what I have found since trying to get some primers In January is that midway will always send out an arrival notice on a monday around noon eastern time of course even being logged into the site at time of a couple notifications they were sold out, heres the trick its been like clockwork when you get the notice on a monday for a brand of primers another brand shows up 2 days later and you get the notuice around 5 pm wednesday eastern time I logged into midwayusa at 4:40 go to the primer page i want ex: small pistol primers where it shows all the brands and start refreshing every min poof suddenly one appears in stock ( my purchase I got winchester) add to cart, pay and shipping notice arrives to inbox then a few mins later arrival notification its been like clockwork and since I figured it and let others know they been able to get primers as well. no guarantee obviously as i just now made it public lol but def worth a few mins of time....

johntkd
06-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I agree with you although prices here in my area are still high at the gun shows they have always been available just refuse to pay 75 per k but they are getting more and more available the ammo companies are pumping them out it will just take some time for it to really show

NHPaul
06-05-2013, 07:59 PM
No shortage of primers in NH , just be prepared to pay a little bit more

otter5555
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
drove in to my LGS (it's a long way to anywhere ) and got 5,000 lpp and 5000 srp (i shoot a LOT)
also 8# 4227 and 8# green dot

i left a bunch of primers and powder on the shelf

i'm just replacing what i use. i KEEP my stock at lifetime levels :)

gimling
06-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I dunno if you guys have noticed its seems its a lot of people trying to capitalize on the situation they are making tons of it. problem is everyone is buying it and trying to auction it for almost twice the price I just yesterday went on gunbroker and seen 25k small pistol primers for sale for almost 10 cents a primer. I'll just wait till there tired of sitting on it and drop the price or they quit buying it from retailers.

22lover
06-05-2013, 09:58 PM
I snagged some Remington LRP's from Midway last Thursday and received them today. I don't believe I can post an external URL on the forum but am mailing you my little "secret" which really isn't a secret if you're handy with Google and can type "primers in stock." Pick first link.

johntkd
06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
large rifle primers have been pretty easy to find its the pistol primers that have been a real pain