PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in here near Ft Bragg/Fayetteville NC?

2HighSpeed
05-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Still isn't official yet but I'm gonna go with what HRC told us and say we are heading to Ft Bragg. (My husband got a letter saying he was Chosen for a HQDA assignment and his commander says he thinks he may end up at the Pentagon) however HRC says Ft Bragg. No paper order yet. HRC says Report date of July 10, 2013. I'll be soooo glad to get out of Texas. Maybe he can jump out of a few planes while there since he is Airborne. :-/ idk why he would wanna do that buy hey we all have our adrenaline addictions.

gmsharps
06-01-2013, 01:38 AM
It's been several years since I have been back to the Ft. Bragg area but they used to have a fairly decent Rod & Gun Club with a 100yard range and a Trap and Skeet range. They had a pretty good lunch in those days. Out on Yadkin Road there is Jim's pawn shop that has an indoor range and a good supply of gun stuff. A bit high on their prices but they usually had things that others did not. Several other guns shops in the area just have to see who survived over the years. To purchase a handgun you have to get a permit from the local police department and you used to be able to purchase 5 permits at a time. The place is not to bad if you like pine trees and I didn't. I spent about 11 years there over my time with the military but am glad to be back in Texas. I'm about 2 hours west of where you are now. At least thats where my roots are until I get back from the desert. Good luck on the trip.

gmsharps

missionary5155
06-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Good morning
I enjoyed most days at Hood. Course I was single, mounted on a 750 Norton Commando after last formation and could pick up pennies off the squad floor to buy cheap gas. But was also glad to get my overseas orders and move on. Armor 71-74
Mike in Peru

Para82
06-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Never was stationed at Ft Hood but I was stationed at Ft Bragg two separate times with the 82nd. I liked the area but I was single and had money! Didn't care much for the pine trees,chiggers and heat while training though.Bought several guns at Jim's and still have a 30-06 I got there.Good Luck on your move.
Para82