PDA

View Full Version : Magma master caster . Can you use it as a lead pot for 6 cavity molds ?

Chopdr230
05-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I bought a master caster . It's not here yet . I'm thinking of selling my lead pot to pay for some more molds . Can I use the master caster as a lead pot for my molds that won't fit the machine ? It looks like if the handle is down there might be room to work with . Thanks

wymanwinn
05-31-2013, 10:37 PM
keep your lead pot for your hand held molds....the master caster is not easily adapted to hand held molds....

wyman

I bought a master caster . It's not here yet . I'm thinking of selling my lead pot to pay for some more molds . Can I use the master caster as a lead pot for my molds that won't fit the machine ? It looks like if the handle is down there might be room to work with . Thanks

D Crockett
06-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I have a master caster and 2 extra pots one of the pots I wielded the orfice closed because a clown I had loaned it to did what I told him not to do but that is another story. the other pot I have I built a stand for it so I could use hand held moulds with and works real good for that no matter whether it a 1 , 2 , or 6 cavity mould but the master caster it uses a 1 , or 2 cavity mould and that is all it was designed for D Crockett

HATCH
06-02-2013, 10:07 AM
I have a pro 4-20 i keep around for pure lead casting (round ball)

I will not cast by hand unless its for a caliber i don't have a mc mold for

runfiverun
06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I made a stand from angle iron to mount one of my M-caster pots on.
I then built a box under it as a mold guide/rest.
I left the dual spout in place as most of my molds are 2-4-6 cavity.
I have a lee 20 and 10 pounder for single cavity molds if I need them.

GabbyM
06-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Magma sells a stand for the same lead pot that's on the MC. I have both sitting side by side but there are only a couple bolts holding the pot to the machine or stand.

fredj338
06-03-2013, 01:08 AM
I think you can get another orific palte w/ a single hole. You may be able to get the two holes to work with a 6cav mold, but a $60 Lee 20# BP is just easier. It's whay I do, leavign the Magma for the mods designed for it.

runfiverun
06-03-2013, 01:59 AM
you can get a single spout for the master caster, I have one.
they will also convert single cavity molds to the machine.
the master pot converted to hand casting puts the other pots to shame.
super simple to use, retains heat and doesn't hardly vary in temp, the rim is a nice place to heat your mold on too.