PDA

View Full Version : Relief

starmac
05-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Three months ago I went in for my dot physical, and could only get one for 3 months because of my blood pressure. They wanted me to get under a doctors care and take medication for it. the new law now is you have to register your physical with the dmv or your license is suspended, which would be a pain and expensive getting it reinstated.

I went back today and passed without a doctor s care and prescripton meds. We should be starting work monday sooooo this was a big relief. lol

mac60
05-31-2013, 06:24 PM
I renewed my medical card in Dec. of 2012. I've been on BP meds. for years. I always get a 1 yr. card instead of 2 yrs. When did they change it?

starmac
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
If I would have had to get on meds, I would have only been able to get a 1 year card, but I got the standard 2 year like always.
The only thing I know of that they have changed is the fact that you now have to register it with the dmv, or you will find out your license is suspended when stopped or checked for any reason. I have several friends that this has happened to, and they have to get their license reinstated after registering their card and are also allowed to pay a healthy fine for driving on a suspended license. lol
The 90 day card is just a temporary 170 buck card to give you time to get the blood pressure down. I did not want to go on meds and then have to get a card every year at 170 bucks a pop. The way I understood it, if I would have flunked this time, I wouldn't have been issued another temp card to last until meds kicked in.

mac60
05-31-2013, 10:07 PM
I haven't been pulled over and checked since Apr. 2012. Next Wed., Thu. and Fri. is the annual 72 hr. jamboree. Since all we haul is hazmat we usually get stopped at least once. I got stopped twice last yr.

starmac
05-31-2013, 10:39 PM
My timing is perfect. lol we start monday or tuesday, with hazmat of course. The job I'm starting on is pulling two full size tankers, and the only pullout they usually use is a little small for them. They will fit, but the dot are not too bad about having us pull in there.

GaryN
05-31-2013, 11:26 PM
You have to register with the DMV when you have high blood pressure? What's next? Registering yourself for hemorrhoids or Plantar Faciitis.

starmac
05-31-2013, 11:31 PM
You have to register with the DMV when you have high blood pressure? What's next? Registering yourself for hemorrhoids or Plantar Faciitis.

No every commercial driver of any kind has to register their health card with the dmv now. If your blood pressure is not under 140 over 90, you are not legal to have a health card, if you have to take medicine to keep it under that number, then you can only get a 1 year health card instead of two, from most doctors.