PDA

View Full Version : PP and cast bullets

kbstenberg
05-30-2013, 08:38 AM
I didn't want to Hijack LynC2's post, so here goes.
You don't want to shoot jacketed bullets and either cast or PP interchangeably. Because of the fouling left in the bore from the copper.
I am wondering if bullet lube left in the bore after shooting cast bullets would affect shooting PP bullets immediately after? Or should the bore of your rifle be cleaned before shooting the PP bullets? Or would shooting a couple of the PP bullets UN-lubed clean the bore? So the lubed bullets wouldn't have any affect on the next PP bullets to be shot?
I would like to thank all the members of our club for the free and willingly given exchange of knowledge. Noebade and Prairiedog are just 2 examples of the fine teachers.

wmitty
05-30-2013, 07:02 PM
I go back and forth between pp and gg cast boolits simply because I don't know any better... I have not noticed a degrading of accuracy in going from one to the other.

But, my accuracy standards may be quite a bit lower than yours...

Nobade
05-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Not too big a deal. I'll see a couple of wide shots and then it'll settle in. I probably wouldn't do that for hunting or anything that matters, but for playing around it's not a problem.

-Nobade

pdawg_shooter
05-31-2013, 07:49 AM
I switch back and forth from jacked and PP all the time. Works fine for me and the PPs clean the jacked fouling out of the barrel. Cant tell you about PP and naked bullets because all my cast rifle bullets are PP.

6.5 mike
06-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Like Pdawg, I switch back & forth, my guns don't seem to be able to tell which is which. Not sure in anything smaller then 30 cal, but anything larger works fine for me.