PDA

View Full Version : Miss Janet's 'Big brothers'.

Jim
05-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Rather than hijack Airborne's thread and 'cross thread' it, I just figgered I'd bring up something in a new thread.

One of the issues that got Airborne bowed up was a remark made in reference to the location of a post that Janet put up. The remark , in my opinion, was neither derogatory or aimed directly at Janet, so I chose to disregard it. Somebody's got to be the bigger man and since I cannot force another individual to conduct himself in such manner, the responsibility falls on my shoulders.

I remind myself daily that everyone is different and each person should be considered an individual in and of himself. A hundred people might like 'Joe' as he is and one person would like 'Joe' in the cross hairs.

A byproduct of the issue at hand was Janet discovering that she has quite a few 'big brothers'. And from my perspective, they are BIG brothers! :shock: Trust me when I tell you, this has touched her heart.

After reading some of the responses concerning the feelings expressed about the conduct exhibited, Janet developed a symptomatic problem with leaking tear ducts. She's never known this kind of love. She grew up a single child and never witnessed the care displayed by a big brother using a bully's head as a mop.

She was concerned that she had been the cause of the ruckus. I assured her that was not the case. After reading that one man had advised all parties concerned that taping of knuckles was in order and another man describing anger that bordered on destruction of property, I think she's beginning to understand exactly what her standing is here on Cast Boolits.

In response to me trying to make her understand that she was not only accepted here, but very much an integral part of the group, she told me "But I'm not a shooter or a handloader!". I told her "You most certainly ARE a shooter! But the point is, these fellas think the world of you. Heck, Andy referred to you as our 'Mother hen'!"

Gentlemen (that narrows it down), I want to publicly thank all of you for standing up for this woman God brought into my life. Obviously, she's special to me. I see now that she's special to a lot of other guys, too.

Janet now understands that she has a large family of big brothers. And one very crazy Irish husband.

x101airborne
05-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Tell "Moma" we love her here and she was NOT the cause of this. I was.

popper
05-29-2013, 09:49 AM
remark made in reference to the location of a post that Janet put up Guess I missed something I didn't need to know. Thick or thin skin, this isn't a western movie - no reason to 'call someone out' - that's MOD's job. I'm regarded a s a heavy handed disciplinarian, but I have no desire or authority to do that here on castboolits. I do reserve the right to provide facts to support or dissassemble someone's opinion.

Alvarez Kelly
05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Jim,

I read the same remark in Janet's thread and had about the same reaction you did. I was surprised, but moved on.

I don't think he had any ill intent, and he has gone on to try to explain himself a bit. I hold no ill will toward him.

I'm glad to hear Janet enjoys being a little sister. :-)

Love Life
05-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Now you have to turn her into a hand loader.

DCP
05-29-2013, 10:53 AM
No offence was intend for Scottiemom

I was upset about Bob and the Moles

I have learn something, do not post about things that hurt, if your on Drugs for pain

Again I am sorry if I upset Her

Jim
05-29-2013, 11:57 AM
The fire's out, no injuries or casualties. Move along, folks, nothin' to see here.

41 mag fan
05-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey Jim...I think that the way people on here feel about Janet is IMO how we should all feel about any of the other members wives or GF's......they're part of the family...

WILCO
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
The fire's out, no injuries or casualties. Move along, folks, nothin' to see here.

Don't know what happened, glad I missed it. I sure would enjoy a pic or two of Mr. Bill though.

Jim
05-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Don't know what happened, glad I missed it. I sure would enjoy a pic or two of Mr. Bill though.

I'll see to that, WILCO!

JeffinNZ
05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeap, we've got your mother covered and now we're backing J girl. Of course, should there be a lynching gang forming I am going to require 48 hours notice please to get airline tickets in order. Must renew my passport now that I think of it.

"Just going out for some..........um.......milk dear. Won't be long....."