PDA

View Full Version : Im done.

x101airborne
05-27-2013, 11:16 PM
I am done with this site. I cannot believe some of the posts regarding our Veteran threads.
I am tired of the little pissy comments and attacks on some of our other members. When I joined here, it was not so. It is just dang disgraceful.
Enjoy your opinions.
I understand that everyone has a bone to pick, but through the Pistols and Handcannons, the Military rifles section, etc. I am sick of the rude posts.
God Bless BruceB, "Uncle" Larry Gibson, Jim, and all the others that give their soul to this forum only to put up with this type of attacks.
Sorry, but some of yall need to grow up.
Out.

Bzcraig
05-27-2013, 11:29 PM
I am done with this site. I cannot believe some of the posts regarding our Veteran threads.
I am tired of the little pissy comments and attacks on some of our other members. When I joined here, it was not so. It is just dang disgraceful.
Enjoy your opinions.
I understand that everyone has a bone to pick, but through the Pistols and Handcannons, the Military rifles section, etc. I am sick of the rude posts.
God Bless BruceB, "Uncle" Larry Gibson, Jim, and all the others that give their soul to this forum only to put up with this type of attacks.
Out.

Airborne, this site is better with ya putting them boneheads in place than we will be without ya.

RobS
05-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Agree with the above post by Bzcraig.

Alvarez Kelly
05-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Airborne, this site is better with ya putting them boneheads in place than we will be without ya.

Yep. I don't comment much, but I enjoy your posts and agree with almost every position you have taken.

Trolls will be trolls.

R.M.
05-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Ah geez, what'd I miss. Airborne, stick it out. There's always a couple of bad apples. Just make cider with them.

TXGunNut
05-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Seems I missed something. Trolls will be trolls.

JeffinNZ
05-28-2013, 12:27 AM
x101: So if you walk what have you achieved? You leave behind a great site and 99.9% the great people. You're better off staying and standing up for what you believe in. Tell you what. I'll make you an honorary Kiwi and send you some purple longjohns. Can't ask for better than that.

MakeMineA10mm
05-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Enjoy your opinions.
Out.

X101, this is common when a site becomes too popular. When it's starting out and small, there's a great sense of community. As it grows, there is a middle-ground where the site owner has too much size and traffic, but not enough income to pay the bills. Eventually, the site grows big enough that advertisers sign on, but by then, the sense of community is lost. I've watched it happen at several sites, including this one. Frankly, I had hoped the community of bullet casters was so small, this place wouldn't get this big, but I was wrong...

At GlockTalk, I moderate a sub-forum, and I visit ONE other subforum, and I go on there pretty infrequently and participate even less. I've learned to pick out the "corner" that feels most important to me, and avoid the rest of the place. I also take breaks from the forums. I'm taking one now, in fact. This is probably the first time I've posted here in months...

I hope you hang in there and find a way or two, like I have, to continue without getting too irritated.

Sweetpea
05-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Trey, I hope you'll reconsider.

You are truly a great part of this community, and your input is valued.

Brandon

429421Cowboy
05-28-2013, 01:01 AM
I as well wish you would not go, you certainly add a lot to the site! Even though I clearly missed something because I have been too busy to post or read as much the last few days as usual, I really do hope you stick it out with us!

I know there are those on here that seem like they will jump into a thread ready to fight for no reason, but there really are many many worse sites out there with little to no moderation compared to what we get here, where the guys really do try hard to keep the place sanitary and civil! This site really does feel like family after awhile, and it would be a shame to lose you. For a youngster like me the chance to learn and be treated so well by the members here who are so far my elders and know so very much about guns and shooting is invaluable, to lose a contributor like yourself would hurt the overall quality here by a little bit.
Plus I look forward to your threads about hog trapping!

smoked turkey
05-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Stay and don't let them drive you away. As has been said, you leave and you leave a big hole that will be hard to fill. This site needs folks like you to help offset those that are a little too self absorbed to understand what is really going on in our corner of the world.

smokeywolf
05-28-2013, 01:24 AM
x101airborne, I hope you'll reconsider and stick around. You're one of the good ones.

Most of the folks on this site are or seem good, honest and well-meaning.
Please don't let the minority depress or frustrate you to the point of quitting.

smokeywolf

starmac
05-28-2013, 02:15 AM
A Texan throwing in the towel, hmmm unheard of. Hopefully we can change your mind.

Hamish
05-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Who's been talking * to our little brother?

Recluse
05-28-2013, 02:52 AM
We used to do a pretty decent job of self-moderating around here but now we have too many newbies who get their feelings hurt when someone calls them on their BS.

That's not all new folks here, but for damned sure a good sized majority.

We need to be calling these fools out and showing them the door. I, for one, don't want our moderators having to constantly be on the prowl lest we end up like that High Road place or worse yet, The Firing Line. Every time I follow a link over there and explore a bit, I shake my head at the "fist of God" moderating that takes place.

But maybe now I'm beginning to understand why if the members won't stand up for their own home. . .

:coffee:

popper
05-28-2013, 03:23 AM
I'd still be in the weeds someplace if I didn't have you guys to learn from. Where else will we get help from those who have 'been there, done that, and know how ii works'. Please don't give up on us dysfunctional noobies yet.

gmsharps
05-28-2013, 03:35 AM
I have learned to just ignor the folks with opinions that differ from mine. The aggrevation that some folks initiate is not worth getting worked up for. There are to many good folks here and if we just do not give those seeking attention that do not deserve it they will go somewhere else. Hangin there and get thick skinned.

gmsharps

khmer6
05-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Lots of n00bs in these days. They will troll around with their arrogant attitude and pass people off, they won't be around for long. Once they've leeched what information that need or realize it is too difficult for then, they will be gone. (not all n00bs, some are genuine) don't sweat them airborne

x101airborne
05-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Thank you all. Maybe I just needed a cooling off.
I have NEVER had to report posts to the mods in my three years here. And in the last two weeks, i have reported a handfull.
I have openly called people on their behavior, and did it respectfully, I thought.

And if I am ready to leave, I guess it wont hurt me saying how it is and why it gets me.
Scottiemom posted a real nice thread thanking our Vets. And some rude ******* (yep, I said it. Go ahead and look at me funny) said something to the effect of.... And you couldn't have posted it somewhere else?
BITE ME. Scottiemom can post anything anywhere she likes. As can anyone else. Fricken Jerk.
And this is just a sample of the most current comments that are just chapping my hyde. My ignore list grows and grows.

And in a way, I do feel like I was a little selfish. I should stay. Under two conditions.
1. I get those Kiwi purple longjohns
2. I am going to ask to be a Mod.

Someone said "A Texan throwing in the towel??"
They were right. I have never ran from a damn thing in my life and I aint gonna start now.
Guess we gonna fight it out, right or wrong.
So tape them knuckles and get ready. No more whining. Time to take the next step.....

41 mag fan
05-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Thank you all. Maybe I just needed a cooling off.
I have NEVER had to report posts to the mods in my three years here. And in the last two weeks, i have reported a handfull.
I have openly called people on their behavior, and did it respectfully, I thought.

And if I am ready to leave, I guess it wont hurt me saying how it is and why it gets me.
Scottiemom posted a real nice thread thanking our Vets. And some rude ******* (yep, I said it. Go ahead and look at me funny) said something to the effect of.... And you couldn't have posted it somewhere else?
BITE ME. Scottiemom can post anything anywhere she likes. As can anyone else. Fricken Jerk.
And this is just a sample of the most current comments that are just chapping my hyde. My ignore list grows and grows.

And in a way, I do feel like I was a little selfish. I should stay. Under two conditions.
1. I get those Kiwi purple longjohns
2. I am going to ask to be a Mod.

Someone said "A Texan throwing in the towel??"
They were right. I have never ran from a damn thing in my life and I aint gonna start now.
Guess we gonna fight it out, right or wrong.
So tape them knuckles and get ready. No more whining. Time to take the next step.....

Nicely said Trey.......it does get very aggravating

country gent
05-28-2013, 09:39 AM
X101airborne< I hope Im not one who has offended you. I also enjoyed your posts and followed what you had to say. I have got alot of good advice/ mentoring here also. I also tried to pass on what I know to others. But if I am one who has offended you I am truly sorry

kbstenberg
05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
A second on 41 Mag fan. I don't want x101 gone!

x101airborne
05-28-2013, 09:58 AM
X101airborne< I hope Im not one who has offended you. I also enjoyed your posts and followed what you had to say. I have got alot of good advice/ mentoring here also. I also tried to pass on what I know to others. But if I am one who has offended you I am truly sorry

No sir, you were not the one. I can still read your messages. Thank you for being concerned, but you are solid.

x101airborne
05-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey..... someone report my rude post. The rules apply to me as well.
Seriously. I want the mods on deck to take notice and see the consensus of this thread.
God Bless the Mods, they do all they can. But we need more Mods.

DCP
05-28-2013, 10:06 AM
It was me, but I was not the one to report your post

I had a real hard time posting about Bob

I am what I am.

There were more post about a mole than about Memorial Day

Someone removed my post and didn't have the common courtesy and tell me why.
All I did was ask a polite ? and it was removed.

I did this for all the Bobs that gave all for the USA

You know yesterday was real hard for me and many others

I hope this clears things up some and X101airborne I hope you stay

Vaya con Dios

gray wolf
05-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Don't let me come over there and whooop your Texas arss,
We don't give up, we take no prisoners and we give no quarter. ( well sometimes )
Don't you dare and give up your seat at the table.
The Goblins should be weeded out, called out, and shown the door, politely of course.
Your an asset to this forum, STAY.

Larry Gibson
05-28-2013, 10:37 AM
x101airborne

I felt the same way a couple years back, gave it a rest and came back. Your suggestion to do the same is a good one. You're the type that needs to stick it out here so we all can learn and grow in our sport. If you do decide to call it quits PM before you do please.

Larry Gibson

Katya Mullethov
05-28-2013, 10:43 AM
One important thing to take away from all this is .....

"Dude . It's just the internet " .

Love Life
05-28-2013, 10:47 AM
^^Yup.

We do not need more mods. People just need to call people out. This place is better than the super awesome high road and the firing line because the free exchange of ideals, both for and against, is allowed.

You have to step lightly on those other 2 forums, and God forbid you post contrary information to what a mod posted even if your information is correct.

I'm hard headed, and drag my knuckles around. However, I have been called out many times and was thankful for it. Adults being adults and all that stuff.

waksupi
05-28-2013, 11:00 AM
We have determined over the years, anyone who would volunteer to be on staff here is crazy, and therefore unqualified. Staff are expected to go insane once they are in the position. All are drafted, and leave claw marks and the cry of NO! No! No! lingering in our ears as we drag them into the dark depths.
Stick around.

DougGuy
05-28-2013, 11:09 AM
x101airborne, I hope you'll reconsider and stick around. You're one of the good ones.

Most of the folks on this site are or seem good, honest and well-meaning.
Please don't let the minority depress or frustrate you to the point of quitting.

smokeywolf

Agreed, I have loved your posts and pics with the hogs, and your daughters skinning out a pig was priceless! Stick around! The forum is better because of guys like you, as is our beloved country! Screw the losers!

Ajax
05-28-2013, 11:28 AM
I deleted your post because it came off as arrogant and condescending. here is the post." Go figure

Like why couldn't you post it here?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-Memorial-Day"

If it is not the way you meant it that is one thing but that is the way it came off. I am very protectve of our mother hens on here and would expect all gentlemen here would be. Which is why i am sure Trey took initial offense. We have to remember what we type here may not come off as we mean it but may be taken way out of context. We as moderators rely on the membership to bring situations like this to our attention so we can investigate it. Some times simply deleting it with out giving a warning or points is called for and evenly applied.

Andy

Sweetpea
05-28-2013, 11:29 AM
We have determined over the years, anyone who would volunteer to be on staff here is crazy, and therefore unqualified. Staff are expected to go insane once they are in the position. All are drafted, and leave claw marks and the cry of NO! No! No! lingering in our ears as we drag them into the dark depths.
Stick around.

I've had a feeling this was the case...

Btw, Jeff in NZ, can we get a group buy going on those long handles???

Brandon

Pb Burner
05-28-2013, 11:43 AM
x101, I don't post much here but read everyday. You are one of the members here I feel like I "know", and respect. I always enjoy reading your posts. I really hope you decide to actively stick around. And if you need to tell "them" what you think sometimes,let it out! I for one understand.
Looking forward to reading many more of your posts!
Burner

10-x
05-28-2013, 11:45 AM
airborne, stick around, we all get riled up.

Bad Water Bill
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Trey iffin ya need ani hep me n Girty kin b doun ther n a bit. She stil b werin them spiked shuz BLAKSMITH kustim made fer her. She sez she wil make a reel IMPRECIUN on ani bodi u want.

GITTIM UP GIRTY AWAY.:bigsmyl2:

LongPoint
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
x101, I need to learn to use that ignore button thingy. Usually when I detect a bonehead, I just skip over that persons posts in the future. I hope you decide to keep your homestead here. Victoria is only about 90 miles from here and I hate to loose a next door neighbor.

LongPoint

dantoweed64
05-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Wonderful song! I don't believe we are still free. Every day we lose more. I think that commie in the oval office is in lock step with the communist manifesto: 2 steps foreward, one back. thereby always gaining ground toward total control. When are we going to start the second revolution for freedom??

Bonz
05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
there are a lot more good members in this forum than trolls. if all the good members gang up on the trolls, the trolls will leave. I have had only one truly rude response encounter in my short time on this forum. in fact, at this point, I don't even remember the members handle...

rockrat
05-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Good for you, go get 'em.
Glad you are staying

Smoke4320
05-28-2013, 03:38 PM
x101airborne
I have a nice recipe for troll stew .. starts by all of us stomping them
hang in there.. we need you here :)

300savage
05-28-2013, 04:38 PM
I hate to be the one to say it but stomping on trolls is like wrestling's pigs in krap.. you know how that turns out. They love nothing more than creating drama, it has nothing to do with being right, they don't care as long as they can get someone's panties in a was. Ignoring them completely is the one thing they can't stand. They will eventually get themselves banned ,or they will get bored and move on if they can't stir things up.

shredder
05-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I hate to be the one to say it but stomping on trolls is like wrestling's pigs in krap.. you know how that turns out. They love nothing more than creating drama, it has nothing to do with being right, they don't care as long as they can get someone's panties in a was. Ignoring them completely is the one thing they can't stand. They will eventually get themselves banned ,or they will get bored and move on if they can't stir things up.

This has also been my experience. Let 'em sit lonely with no responses to their attempts to create drama, and they dry up and blow away.

daniel lawecki
05-28-2013, 05:03 PM
x101airborne would love to see you as a MOD. Sometimes you have to thin the herd to bring peace and respect. I enjoy this forum and your thoughts.

41 mag fan
05-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Trey iffin ya need ani hep me n Girty kin b doun ther n a bit. She stil b werin them spiked shuz BLAKSMITH kustim made fer her. She sez she wil make a reel IMPRECIUN on ani bodi u want.

GITTIM UP GIRTY AWAY.:bigsmyl2:

Been sniffing those paint fumes again...aintcha Bill??

lka
05-28-2013, 05:27 PM
This is supposed to be a place for us to share a hobby that we love to do, Don't let idiots get you down if you do you will always be down, The country is full of them, It's a price we pay for freedom.

Marlin Junky
05-28-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't know what the rhubarb was all about and don't really care; however, IMHO it's damn hard for one to convince everybody you are right all the time; therefore, sometimes it's just best to walk away when things aren't necessarily going your way.

MJ

Bad Water Bill
05-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Been sniffing those paint fumes again...aintcha Bill??

TROLL PATROLE someone is picking on me :not listening:

scottiemom
05-28-2013, 05:47 PM
my post was in no way meant to offend. It is how I feel. Memorial Day is hard for a lot of us and in some way, that is really not such a bad thing. We remember our friends and family who are no longer here and remember those who did come back but who paid a heavy price. Most of my family was military and it is how I grew up. I still cry like a baby when I hear any of the service hymns or hear Taps or see the troops on parade. Thanks to all of you for putting up with me! and a big thanks to Trey and Andy for watching my back!

41 mag fan
05-28-2013, 05:48 PM
TROLL PATROLE someone is picking on me :not listening:

Who ME????!!!! [smilie=1::holysheep

smokeywolf
05-28-2013, 06:05 PM
scottiemom,
Thanks to all of you for putting up with me! You shouldn't be talking that way Ma'am. It's both a pleasure and an honor to have you here, participating on this forum.
Just as I look forward to reading posts from x101airborne, I read with equal anticipation posts from you and Jim, waksupi, Bad Water Bill and many others.

smokeywolf

JeffinNZ
05-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I've had a feeling this was the case...

Btw, Jeff in NZ, can we get a group buy going on those long handles???

Brandon

Becareful what you wish for. :-)

Having a hard time finding purple. I did locate some striped LJ's the other day though. Purple, lilac, fuscia. Very fetching. Still want some x101?

PS Paul
05-28-2013, 06:39 PM
One important thing to take away from all this is .....

"Dude . It's just the internet " .

Well, you're right and you're wrong about this. Yeah, it's the internet, BUT it's A LOT more than that for some of us here. I've made a few friends along the way, I've been helped by too many to count (Larry Gibson, waksupi, Gear Gnasher, Shiloh, Hamish just to name a few) and had the pleasure of helping out a few as well. I have to say, this post has saddened me too, obviously I'm in company here with ALL the other responses, so I am thankful the OP has chosen to stay and let the ones who riled him just be ignored. Hooray AND hoo Rahh.

Bad Water Bill
05-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Who ME????!!!! [smilie=1::holysheep

If the foo s----- wear it.:bigsmyl2::kidding:

41 mag fan
05-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Becareful what you wish for. :-)

Having a hard time finding purple. I did locate some striped LJ's the other day though. Purple, lilac, fuscia. Very fetching. Still want some x101?

Can we get the lilac longjohns on a group buy....and since we're at it lets add a lime green racing strip on them!!!!!
Ohhhhh...I want 2 pairs!!! lol

x101airborne
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
My mother sent me to get my father's Christmas gift from the gunstore with her pink Victoria Secret credit card. The owner gave me a little ribbing that I had a pink card. I told him any man who buys a gun with a pink credit card probably is salty enough to hold onto it.
He just gave me a big grin and kept working.
I will definately sport some lavender, fuscia, poka dotted, striped, whatever. Ya just might not come to the house if you see em on the line.

Dean D.
05-28-2013, 07:45 PM
<Quote> Originally Posted by 300savage View Post
"I hate to be the one to say it but stomping on trolls is like wrestling's pigs in krap.. you know how that turns out. They love nothing more than creating drama, it has nothing to do with being right, they don't care as long as they can get someone's panties in a was. Ignoring them completely is the one thing they can't stand. They will eventually get themselves banned ,or they will get bored and move on if they can't stir things up."</Quote>

The above is exactly how to deal with a Troll. ANY response just fuels their fires.

Trey, I truly hope you decide to stick around. The Staff here does try to ride herd as best we can and we rely heavily on our members to report posts that break our Terms of Service. Trolling/Baiting is against our TOS and should be reported. The Staff always reviews and discusses reported posts and may or may not take action. I personally think the Staff here has and continues to do a great job but I am a bit biased.

Occasionally I find myself needing to take a break away from this and other sites because of informational or emotional overload. It happens to us all I'm sure. Stick around and help us keep this the great site that it has become because of members like you!

Bzcraig
05-28-2013, 07:56 PM
scottiemom, You shouldn't be talking that way Ma'am. It's both a pleasure and an honor to have you here, participating on this forum.
Just as I look forward to reading posts from x101airborne, I read with equal anticipation posts from you and Jim, waksupi, Bad Water Bill and many others.

smokeywolf

Smokey is right ma'am.......you BELONG here!

smoked turkey
05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
+1: The staff does a great job watching out for everyone. Our thanks to those who take the time and bear the burden of policing the site of the vermin that lurk about. And yes it is all our responsibilities to serve as look outs so we can help keep this site the best on the WWW. I am also very glad that things turned out the way they did from the original post. We will be better for it.

hiram1
05-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Yes stand up bust there chops.I for one won't say a word to you for doing it.

mroliver77
05-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Trey you are among Family here!

Heck, I left for 6 months and nobody noticed! :groner:
Jay

TXGunNut
05-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Feel like we just had a group hug! :D
Dealing with trolls is easy; just sneak over to their house while they're out and take a squat on their keyboard. That way they get on their hands what they're putting on our board....or just report/ignore them.

TXGunNut
05-28-2013, 10:18 PM
I like TFL, BTW. I'm just careful where I go over there. Unless I want to giggle at mall ninjas I just cruise the reloading section. Lots of newbs over there and I think some of the regulars need help keeping the newbs from blowing themselves up.

fatelk
05-29-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't spend a lot of time on the internet anymore, but it seems that this forum is, in general, much more polite and "grown-up" than most I've seen. Sometimes I'll check out different forums searching for info on something and am surprised at the juvenile bickering, profanity, and overall disrespect. I'd hate to see this forum go more that direction. Kudos to the mods here for what they do. Thank you!

x101airborne
05-29-2013, 12:31 AM
I never have spent much time or even registered on any other forum. When I was looking for a new passion, I cruised (lurked) around a while and I saw the blatant disrespect from member to member on other boards. I cannot say I was impressed in the least. That is why I came here.
And to see some of the comments, like the ones that ran some of our members off lately, I would rather be banned for speaking up than lay down like a whooped dog. I did it long enough and it is ENOUGH.
Ever notice that some of our senior members have been rather recluse lately?
I havent heard from some of them, perhaps just by accident, but I seem to be missing them more and more. And it is entirely possible that it is just by chance that I have been missing them.
BUT..... My observation is,,,, the more rude posts, the less our benefactors are visible.
Take it for what it is, it is only my observation.

Recluse
05-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Ever notice that some of our senior members have been rather recluse lately?

BUT..... My observation is,,,, the more rude posts, the less our benefactors are visible.
Take it for what it is, it is only my observation.

Yep.

I saw a couple of posts you referred to, and I saw the one in reply to Jim's wife and I damn near threw my laptop across the living room. Were it not for the daughter and her boys being in the living room with me, it might've just happened.

I did report the post and I used a fair amount of f-bombs if I recall correctly. Memorial Day is damned hard on a number of us. I lost two buddies this past year--one to the remnants of Agent Orange and another to suicide. For some, the war is never over.

But it's not just Memorial Day or holidays that bring out the rudeness. It's the overwhelming influx of new members who don't bother to read a damned thing and instead come on here with the same BS entitlement attitude and mentality that they exercise on other internet forums.

We ain't that way here.

Let me repeat that: We ain't that way here.

We have stickies and classic posts at the headers of each forum topic for a reason. Read them. And then, if for some unfathomable reason you still can't figure out if you can shoot a gas-check boolit without the gas check or if you can tumble lube non-TL banded boolits or if you don't know the difference between ladle-pouring and bottom-pouring, then casting probably ain't for you.

I've gotten on to some longtime members for screeching about the "search" functions because I can't "search" worth a you-know-what. But you don't have to. Whatever topic a new caster/member is looking for is pretty friggin' easy to find under the forum topic menus, and what's more, the titles of the classic/stickies are pretty friggin' self-explanatory.

I've gotten sideways with a couple of new members who are absolute alpha-hotels as far as I'm concerned. You don't come in our house, ask a question and then basically tell us we're full of **** and then keep fishing until you get the answer you were wanting all along. That used to not happen very often at all around here, but now it seems to be almost a weekly occurrence in one topic forum or another.

My Ignore List has grown to epic proportions. It has literally exploded in size just this past year. I may have to up my donations to the forum for extra storage space.

Some folks say to ignore trolls or just don't read their posts. I take a different view. I look at it like some numbnuts slick-sleeve wandering into a VFW or AmLeg post and telling all of us how we fought and conducted ourselves during our time in the military was all wrong. Or asking how to do something, not liking the answer or how we answered it, then getting in our face.

That boy would get his *** politely whooped and then politely tossed out. We wouldn't ignore him. He made the decision to voluntarily come to our house, then made the decision to voluntarily insult us. Don't know about most of y'all, but I don't ignore that kind of ****.

We used to not ignore it around here, either.

May be why some of our older members spend less and less time participating.

x101airborne
05-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Recluse, God Bless ya. Losing buddies is hard. I havent lost a buddy in a couple years and hope to continue the streak of luck.
And you are right. For some the war is NEVER over. Heck, just the other day, I jumped out of the bed at 0300 yelling "Kill that (edit)". Busted up my right elbow and shoulder real nice. Lots of swelling and soreness. Some things will never be over. And THAT is why we honor our Vets. At least to me.

M-Tecs
05-29-2013, 01:41 AM
I used to frequent several other forums primarily for increasing my knowledge about match rifle building. These forums used to be visited by the world’s best rifle builders and shooters. The Trolls, Idiots and Alpha Hotels basically drove these world class experts from the forums. I am starting to see this here also.

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer. Most people have infinite patience for newbies that are truly trying to learn but dealing with idiots that refuse to understand or learn gets old quickly. Idiots, Alpha Hotels and trolls have destroyed every forum that I have really liked. Hopefully that doesn’t happen here.

Lloyd Smale
05-29-2013, 05:55 AM
can you post a link to these anti posts. Id like it so id would be able to block those anti americans if our moderators dont feel the need to ban them for life!!

x101airborne
05-29-2013, 08:25 AM
They were removed. I think there was a little "proofreading" going on after I started all this.

DCP
05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Tough Crowd

I did this for all the (Bobs) and the country I love.

This is what I posted

Go figure

Like why couldn't you post it here?
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?200793-Memorial-for-Memorial-Day

Memorial Day is very special to me

No offence was intend for Scottiemom

It was me, but I was not the one to report your post

I had a real hard time posting about Bob

I am what I am.

There were more post about a mole than about Memorial Day

Someone removed my post and didn't have the common courtesy and tell me why.
All I did was ask a polite ? and it was removed.

I did this for all the Bobs that gave all for the USA

You know yesterday was real hard for me and many others

I hope this clears things up some and X101airborne I hope you stay

Vaya con Dios

Brett Ross
05-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I too have trouble with disrespect of any kind. I think it was how i was raised but i become very unconfortable around any rudeness (i hate radio shock jocks calling and making fun of folks). I do not post or comment much but read most every day. I did not see the post which caused the ruckus,but would be saddened if it was annything but respectful to our vet's. Two graves, fathers and grandfathers, I decoreated this week end. As far as newbs go ( I count myself among them) please be patient. I do read and read trying to find an answer but find at times not sure enough of my understanding, not to ask my question. As you can Likely tell from this post, Hemmingway I am not and apologize for my less than perfect grammar. I would hate to see anyone of you guys go, as I have much, much more to learn.
Tony

gunoil
05-29-2013, 10:23 AM
including myself sometimes, i dont think we read a post or threads good before we answer. Some type different grammar and text styles.

I sometimes forget or (dont know enough ) to type enough info for people to help.

I think this new thread is started for people that have a bad attitude, and you are correct sir. And mods should shut em down. I know KTOG is firm on this.

montana_charlie
05-29-2013, 01:03 PM
I would rather be banned for speaking up than lay down like a whooped dog.
Being 'warned' for speaking out is not that much fun ... and being banned immediately afterward for "Not paying attention, apparently" is rather chilling.
CM

geargnasher
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I used to frequent several other forums primarily for increasing my knowledge about match rifle building. These forums used to be visited by the world’s best rifle builders and shooters. The Trolls, Idiots and Alpha Hotels basically drove these world class experts from the forums. I am starting to see this here also.

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer. Most people have infinite patience for newbies that are truly trying to learn but dealing with idiots that refuse to understand or learn gets old quickly. Idiots, Alpha Hotels and trolls have destroyed every forum that I have really liked. Hopefully that doesn’t happen here.

This is precisely what is happening here, and it's not news. Attrition of the knowledgeable due to harassment has been going on here since before I joined, and has accelerated greatly in the past couple of years. I have learned the reason, and it has nothing to do with over-moderation. If there was something I could do to fix it, I would, but it's out of my hands.

I'm about done here myself.

Gear

lka
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Why would people attack posters on a site like this? I moderate a pretty big political forum and it gets bad there, but here what do they do? Make fun of your powder/primer combos? Or do they get personal? I haven't seen many libtards here so tat should take a great amount of anger out.

41 mag fan
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Yep.

I saw a couple of posts you referred to, and I saw the one in reply to Jim's wife and I damn near threw my laptop across the living room. Were it not for the daughter and her boys being in the living room with me, it might've just happened.

I did report the post and I used a fair amount of f-bombs if I recall correctly. Memorial Day is damned hard on a number of us. I lost two buddies this past year--one to the remnants of Agent Orange and another to suicide. For some, the war is never over.

But it's not just Memorial Day or holidays that bring out the rudeness. It's the overwhelming influx of new members who don't bother to read a damned thing and instead come on here with the same BS entitlement attitude and mentality that they exercise on other internet forums.

We ain't that way here.

Let me repeat that: We ain't that way here.

We have stickies and classic posts at the headers of each forum topic for a reason. Read them. And then, if for some unfathomable reason you still can't figure out if you can shoot a gas-check boolit without the gas check or if you can tumble lube non-TL banded boolits or if you don't know the difference between ladle-pouring and bottom-pouring, then casting probably ain't for you.

I've gotten on to some longtime members for screeching about the "search" functions because I can't "search" worth a you-know-what. But you don't have to. Whatever topic a new caster/member is looking for is pretty friggin' easy to find under the forum topic menus, and what's more, the titles of the classic/stickies are pretty friggin' self-explanatory.

I've gotten sideways with a couple of new members who are absolute alpha-hotels as far as I'm concerned. You don't come in our house, ask a question and then basically tell us we're full of **** and then keep fishing until you get the answer you were wanting all along. That used to not happen very often at all around here, but now it seems to be almost a weekly occurrence in one topic forum or another.

My Ignore List has grown to epic proportions. It has literally exploded in size just this past year. I may have to up my donations to the forum for extra storage space.

Some folks say to ignore trolls or just don't read their posts. I take a different view. I look at it like some numbnuts slick-sleeve wandering into a VFW or AmLeg post and telling all of us how we fought and conducted ourselves during our time in the military was all wrong. Or asking how to do something, not liking the answer or how we answered it, then getting in our face.

That boy would get his *** politely whooped and then politely tossed out. We wouldn't ignore him. He made the decision to voluntarily come to our house, then made the decision to voluntarily insult us. Don't know about most of y'all, but I don't ignore that kind of ****.

We used to not ignore it around here, either.

May be why some of our older members spend less and less time participating.

Recluse....you say or post things that I think most of us whose been here awhile feel and think, but your words hold weight, and make much more sense than my words do.
My hats off to you my friend for being to convey how alot of us feel and think.

I think if i need to get a point across, I'll just pm you and have you write it up and post it for me....it comes out so much better!!! Thank You Recluse... You're a good spokesman for us!!

Char-Gar
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
It is impossible for an experienced caster/shooter/reloader to post anything here that is not challenged by somebody who has another idea. This can push a fellow to the limits, but you can't be too harsh with them or you will be rebuked for "giving offense to another".

So the choices are to go or stay and bite your tongue. The latter gets harder to do with each passing day.

So which is better, let the idiots run off the experienced or give offense to the idiots. Seems like there is no solution. Oh yes, I understand the ignore thing, but that is after the fact. Sometimes stupid needs to be called stupid even if it offends the stupid one.

pennysride
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Airborne,
Hang in I'm new enjoying the community and I have seen this kind of stuff before. Started casting boolits a few months ago and find the people invaluable, the info priceless. My wife says if I don't like it I tune it out. Danged if I can remember what she said about needing another gun.:D

lka
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
It is impossible for an experienced caster/shooter/reloader to post anything here that is not challenged by somebody who has another idea. This can push a fellow to the limits, but you can't be too harsh with them or you will be rebuked for "giving offense to another".

So the choices are to go or stay and bite your tongue. The latter gets harder to do with each passing day.

So which is better, let the idiots run off the experienced or give offense to the idiots. Seems like there is no solution. Oh yes, I understand the ignore thing, but that is after the fact. Sometimes stupid needs to be called stupid even if it offends the stupid one.

Well too bad everyone couldn't just take everyone else's opinion as,, well,,, an opinion

troyboy
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM
To not respect the sacrifice that so few have given for so many is a travesty. How dare you. To not give condolence when one is in need is a travesty. How dare you. Thanks for speaking up Trey. Keep the faith.

Stork
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Stick around.

This!!! LOL
I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and again, and again.

Thank you experienced gentlemen and gentle ladies for sharing with us Noob's. I lurk much and post very little. Most of my time is spent watching the swapping section for new treasures I didn't know I've lived this long without. The rest trying to absorb the knowledge I lack, which is a lot.

Before I stumbled across this site I was sure my 45 ACP bullets would stop leading if I just could find a way to make them harder than water dropped Linotype. Keeping them soft enough to obturate and sizing to properly fit the bore would not have occurred to me.

Don't give up the good fight.
Stork

leeggen
05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
X101 hang with us we new casters and loaders need all the help you can give to us. There will always be bad people with bad hate toward the military personel, future and past ones. I remember in the 70's what hateful people said as we returned from our cruises over seas. Wow!
Anyway we need all the instruction we can gat to refine what little talent we new comers have.
CD

Recluse
05-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Well too bad everyone couldn't just take everyone else's opinion as,, well,,, an opinion

You, probably, inadvertently illustrated a majority of the older members' thoughts on this by your post on opinions.

Opinions are fine, but they should never be allowed to get in the way of facts. What's more, when dealing with a molten alloy in temps exceeding 700F, an "opinion" presented as fact can get you seriously or fatally hurt damned fast.

Same goes with reloading. Opinions are one thing, but facts are what they are and again, when dealing with primers and gunpowder and projectiles, an opinion that in reality is dangerous NEEDS to be refuted.

Our problem is that we're letting in too freaking many of these "outbound education based" mentalities who prefer that "everyone is a winner and everyone is right and everyone's opinion has merit."

I don't buy one stinking nano-ounce of that bovine excrement. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Period. If you screw up with molten alloy or gunpowder and primers, BAD things can happen, and that's a helluva price to pay for being so intent on making "everyone right" and so that everyone's opinion--right or wrong--can have merit.

I've been reloading for over forty years, often times on a daily basis, and I still feel like a rookie around some of the genuine world-class experts that call this forum home (for now). Guys like Felix and Larry Gibson and Lloyd Smale and Waksupi and Sundog and Mt. Gun44 and so many more. . . . I'm in literal awe of what they've accomplished and discovered and perfected over the years.

And yet, for all their knowledge and experience and abilities, they are among the most humble of all members here--unlike so many of the newbies who come roaring on here expecting us to be awed by their two or three years, or less, of experience--but telling us that we're full of **** because we take exception to the YouTube instructors that they worship.

There is a place for opinions and there is a place for facts. The danger is in when those two places get mixed up. We try very hard to avoid that here, but as Chargar so aptly points out, if you point out that a supposed fact is in reality, an opinion and either a foolish or dangerous one, then you have "offended" someone.

But it feels like we're losing the battle and that opinions are winning out. The moderators here are the best there are, bar none. But there is exactly zero reason why they should have to take care of this place totally and solely on their own.

And that's a fact.

btroj
05-29-2013, 09:43 PM
And stating an opinion too strongly is regarded as "aggressive" behavior.

There is no "Best" and I won't "school" you.

x101, stick around. Fight the hoards. Never, ever, give in to the ********.

gemihur
05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
There will always be someone whose perspective is skewed by their own problems. Often time they project them to others.
Lucky for them that we can't feed them a poop sandwich here!

lka
05-29-2013, 10:02 PM
You, probably, inadvertently illustrated a majority of the older members' thoughts on this by your post on opinions.

Opinions are fine, but they should never be allowed to get in the way of facts. What's more, when dealing with a molten alloy in temps exceeding 700F, an "opinion" presented as fact can get you seriously or fatally hurt damned fast.

Same goes with reloading. Opinions are one thing, but facts are what they are and again, when dealing with primers and gunpowder and projectiles, an opinion that in reality is dangerous NEEDS to be refuted.

Our problem is that we're letting in too freaking many of these "outbound education based" mentalities who prefer that "everyone is a winner and everyone is right and everyone's opinion has merit."

I don't buy one stinking nano-ounce of that bovine excrement. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Period. If you screw up with molten alloy or gunpowder and primers, BAD things can happen, and that's a helluva price to pay for being so intent on making "everyone right" and so that everyone's opinion--right or wrong--can have merit.

I've been reloading for over forty years, often times on a daily basis, and I still feel like a rookie around some of the genuine world-class experts that call this forum home (for now). Guys like Felix and Larry Gibson and Lloyd Smale and Waksupi and Sundog and Mt. Gun44 and so many more. . . . I'm in literal awe of what they've accomplished and discovered and perfected over the years.

And yet, for all their knowledge and experience and abilities, they are among the most humble of all members here--unlike so many of the newbies who come roaring on here expecting us to be awed by their two or three years, or less, of experience--but telling us that we're full of **** because we take exception to the YouTube instructors that they worship.

There is a place for opinions and there is a place for facts. The danger is in when those two places get mixed up. We try very hard to avoid that here, but as Chargar so aptly points out, if you point out that a supposed fact is in reality, an opinion and either a foolish or dangerous one, then you have "offended" someone.

But it feels like we're losing the battle and that opinions are winning out. The moderators here are the best there are, bar none. But there is exactly zero reason why they should have to take care of this place totally and solely on their own.

And that's a fact.

I'm talking more about what press to buy, if someone likes or dislikes lee moulds (I own several so,,,) and so on, people should always work up their own loads, no matter what an Anonymous Internet poster says ;)

Recluse
05-29-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm talking more about what press to buy, if someone likes or dislikes lee moulds (I own several so,,,) and so on, people should always work up their own loads, no matter what an Anonymous Internet poster says ;)

Absolutely agree.

Bzcraig
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Recluse is right. I'm an old guy but new caster willing only to share my experiences as my knowledge in this area is far too small to be offering advise on any subject. There are far too many whose self proclaimed wisdom has yet to be determined. Too many use the anonymity of the Internet as a tool to build their own self esteem, maybe it's cartridge envy, by putting down those whose real heart is to be a benefit to all of us less experienced by sharing their knowledge with us. The accumulative knowledge of the 'old guys' of this site would fill a library and they offer it freely to us for our benefit. They do this out of a love for their sport and a desire to mentor us.

So here is my advise: if you are challenging someone about what appears to be a safety issue, do it with zeal but don't act like an idiot while doing so. If you disagree with someone do so without being disagreeable. Before you decide to disagree, do some research on who that person is by looking at post count, threads started, responses to threads, etc. before you decide to disagree. Treat all women with respect, all the time, even if they are completely wrong. If you fail to take this advise, I pray the mods deal you appropriately. If that fails, I pray everyone will join me in flaming your a$$ for being stupid and foolish.

05-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Hi. This is my first post and I would like to echo the posters that have replied with the intention to persuade you to hang in there Airborne.

Small town America, with its wisdom and life lessons and personal technical instructions, is not available to tons and tons of guys that are VERY interested in firearms and all the various branches this "hobby" offers. Guys like you and others on this board provide something otherwise unattainable to guys like me that grew up with no exposure to the "gun culture".

Please,please,please...everyone here keep on keeping on. As you all know, there has been a massive influx of souls suddenly interested in personal protection; and many of those find themselves happily obsessed with firearms. The amount and depth of technical information and guidance I have seen in the brief time I have been lurking on this board is INVALUABLE.

Ajax
05-30-2013, 05:23 AM
For the old guard, I have yet to see any of staff jump on you for "correcting" someone as long as it remains civil. I have only been here a short while and i have gleaned more knowledge than i would have ever gained on my own. I look for certain peoples post as they have a no nonsense way of explaining things that actually clicks with me. I too have seen where some of the new guys feel they have been offended because they think their you tube video is gospel. So my recommendation is if you haven't physically done it yourself you need to pay attention to our senior members. They have done it for years and speak from experience not hear say. That being said some of our senior members are kind of gruff and i wouldn't have it any other way, they are the ones who make this site what it is and i for one woud like to thank them for sharing their knowledge.

Andy

Ajax
05-30-2013, 05:27 AM
There was no disrespect to our military members. There was a comment made about the post being done as a new post as opposed to being added to the offenders original post. Does anyone else think this is a little petty to have gone this far. I will tell you one thing when things like that are brought to staff's attention that individual makes our radar, and trust me you don't want to be there. As a moderator i try to remove my emotion and opinion from moderation. The members make this site what it is and i for one would like to see more "moderation" by the members. That means call people out on their bullcrap but do it in a civil way.

Andy

missionary5155
05-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Good morning
I am glad I missed this rucuss... although I like a good scrap every now and then.
But anyone that insults a Lady publicly needs to be visited in a personal way and taught some manners.
Mike in Peru

MakeMineA10mm
05-30-2013, 08:22 AM
There was no disrespect to our military members. There was a comment made about the post being done as a new post as opposed to being added to the offenders original post. Does anyone else think this is a little petty to have gone this far.

Andy

Yes. The person who posted that shouldn't have. The reaction he got was overblown too. Everybody is at fault for putting miracle grow on some mole hills here. In my personal opinion and experience, Memorial Day is a very emotional and tough day, especially if you care deeply for our heroic veterans who paid the ultimate sacrifice for us, and there are a LOT of those folks at this place, which is one of the reasons I like it here. But in situations such as this one, we are all emotionally compromised and over-react. Jim posted a nice thread of his own which mentioned scottiesmom wasn't offended. That is a relief and understandable, since it was a small thing to begin with. She reacted better than all the rest of us, IMO. She just ignored it and moved on. Definition of class and maturity. DCP has taken responsibility for what he did, which is a stand-up thing to do, rather than run and hide. I think it's time for everyone to shake hands and move on. We're beating a dead horse here. I think the mods should lock this thread or move it to the place where dead threads disappear, so we can all move on, and not keep things riled up over such a little thing.

btroj
05-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Andy, I will say that I find the Mods do an excellent job here. Not a job I would want. You can never make everyone happy but you certainly can make everyone mad.

Char-Gar
05-30-2013, 10:24 AM

Well, after some reflection, I would say I agree and disagree depending on what is going on in the thread. I have a tag line to my posts that everything I put up is my opinion, based on my experience and others may have different experiences. I am fine with other folks doing things different ways. I am fine with others having opinions that vary from mine.

What I am not fine with is folks trying to correct others and convert them to their way of doing things asserting superior knowledge or experience. In effect, these folks don't just want to state their experience, that want to correct you and challenge your knowledge or experience in the matter. It is this kind of difference of opinion that causes problems.

My big issue comes when one poster is trying to help another poster deal with a problem and a third persons comes in and effect says..."No..no..that isn't the way to do it! Let me tell you how it is done". This makes for a very difficult teaching and learning environment.

Multiple opinions and methods are always in order, but challenging somebody starts problems. Way to many folks state their opinions as facts and their experience as the only way things can be done. "Ay..there is the rub!".

fatelk
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Multiple opinions and methods are always in order, but challenging somebody starts problems. Way to many folks state their opinions as facts and their experience as the only way things can be done. "Ay..there is the rub!".
Funny thing is, I've seen experienced, respected members do just this a couple times recently; wade into a discussion and basically tell everyone involved that they're full of it and don't know anything, rather condescendingly. It has surprised me, but I figured they were just having a bad day and I ignored it.

45 2.1
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Funny thing is, I've seen experienced, respected members do just this a couple times recently; wade into a discussion and basically tell everyone involved that they're full of it and don't know anything, rather condescendingly. It has surprised me, but I figured they were just having a bad day and I ignored it.

Some folks here think that the traditional way is the way to do it....... and get right upset when it's not done their traditional way.

Char-Gar
05-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Some folks here think that the traditional way is the way to do it....... and get right upset when it's not done their traditional way.

No Bobby, folks get upset with you because you intimate that others lack the knowledge you do and therefore can't do things as well as you do. You are not content to tell folks what you do, you hold out to possess superior knowledge. You steadfastly refuse to share these deep dark secrets with others, just allude to them. That is why folks consider you to be full of BS.

lka
05-30-2013, 11:35 AM

I only wear one glove when casting :o

blackthorn
05-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote—“There was no disrespect to our military members. There was a comment made about the post being done as a new post as opposed to being added to the offenders original post. Does anyone else think this is a little petty to have gone this far.”

The OP on this topic has (more than once) clarified that he meant no disrespect and has apologized if his comment was taken the wrong way. If indeed it was only about “There was a comment made about the post being done as a new post as opposed to being added to the offenders original post. Does anyone else think this is a little petty to have gone this far.” You would be 100% correct, BUT,--- this thread (as do many) has morphed into a discussion (?) of a far greater problem and has long since left the comment by the OP behind. With the terrific (in a good way) influx of new folks come the kind of problems we now see. I would hate to see any of our members (especially those “senior” knowledgeable ones) get so frustrated that they leave. Please think long and hard before any one of you leave this great board due to the antics/actions of a very small minority. The fools will learn or weed themselves out eventually. To all---have a great day and hang in there!

lka
05-30-2013, 11:49 AM

And that's a fact.

P
Obviously there's a difference between opinion and in fact, I have seen people say that the lee shotgun loader is the best in the world, I have had people look down on
My pw or mec for the lee, Now in my mind it's a fact that my choice is better, But I don't care enough to pound that into their minds.

Different people see different things as facts, **** I gave up trying to understand libtarded logic The one thing I have learned is that they truly believe the **** they believe and so be it.

It could get dangerous if people give others bad advice on powder amounts and what not, My advice to that would be to work your load up and buy a book.

Anytime you get a large group of people together there going to be disagreements, Strange opinions, and strange Logic, But the pros still outweigh the cons I don't care how smart somebody thinks they are there is still someone or something they could learn from, I can tell you one thing this place seems to have a better group of people then a lot of political forums I have visited.

And if anybody ever said anything bad about veterans they are just wrong and probably should be kicked from the site

x101airborne
05-30-2013, 12:00 PM
It is true. This is morphing into something else and I see it going south on us quick.
Facts are, as stated already....
1. The post in question was probably worded in a way different than I think and I took it out of context. Not that the post was incorrect in any way, but misunderstood and possibly could have been worded more clearly.
2. I over reacted. Plain and simple. When it comes to our military members, I am a very sensitive person and I probably need to work on that. Not that I cant be passionate about it, but maybe not as sensitive.
3. DCP has acted with honor, so has Scottiemom, and so should I.
I publicly apologize for flying off the handle. To everyone.
4. I too think this has gone far enough. We got it out and over, so lets just move on.
Thanks to everyone's support and understanding.

Fishman
05-30-2013, 12:08 PM
+1 Blackthorn.

No disrespect intended to X101, as I greatly enjoy his posts, and the following comment is just a general observation.

I have seen many, many instances where someone has posted a question or comment, and an established member has taken the time to type an extensive response that completely misses the mark because they misread the original post. We all aren't wired the same and some folks, when they perceive a slight to themselves or others, respond instantly. While that is probably a good trait in a fistfight, it should be tempered in a discussion setting. Any time I see a response that is "odd" or appears combative, I always take the time to re-read it and previous posts to make sure I know what is going on. Most of the time I find that I have misinterpreted the person's meaning.

So I think that if everyone took a deep breath, and a second read, many of these misunderstandings wouldn't happen.

As for those that aren't misunderstandings, established members often participate in mudslinging as much or more as newer members. Heck, two of them got into it just two or three posts up, and I see that pretty frequently. Although I have been casting for 25+ years, my level of casting knowledge is barely above functional. So I greatly respect and appreciate anyone that has done a lot of it successfully, and takes the time to help me out with an answer to my question. There are a TON of people on this site that have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and I am not naive enough to think that there is only one way to do something right. Most people are smart enough to realize that.

EDIT- I see X101 finished his post while I was typing mine. Very classy response from a stand-up guy.

Hamish
05-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Are we done :kissarse: X's buttocks yet? :kidding:

If for no other reason than this thread reminds new and old alike of the fact that CB is something special, it's not just some internet site, it's Family.

300savage
05-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Hamish your anatomical correctness and detail of X's Bunns is a tad bit scary.. just saying...

slim1836
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
You leave, they win. You stay, we won. Either way the choice is yours to make. I hope you reconsider.

Slim

44Vaquero
05-30-2013, 01:12 PM
What he said
I don't spend a lot of time on the internet anymore, but it seems that this forum is, in general, much more polite and "grown-up" than most I've seen. Sometimes I'll check out different forums searching for info on something and am surprised at the juvenile bickering, profanity, and overall disrespect. I'd hate to see this forum go more that direction. Kudos to the mods here for what they do. Thank you!

We should not give up any ground to the casual idiots and trolls, if we as a group maintain ranks and provide a united stance 3 things may happen:

1. They learn something and stay
2. They move on of their own accord
3. They get kicked out

It happened last week and I think the members and moderators handled the offender very quickly and correctly. Benny will not be missed! Instigators and malcontents exist everywhere and they love to stir the pot whenever they can.

This site is the best that I have found and should be jealousy guarded by it rank and file!

Hamish
05-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Hamish your anatomical correctness and detail of X's Bunns is a tad bit scary.. just saying...

Don't you just love the smileys? The respect and affection for X and so many more here is very special to this broke down old fart. And I know I'm not the only one. We all get a little crispy, but you know what, he was right back and talked it out. Good man.

45 2.1
05-30-2013, 01:54 PM
No Bobby, folks get upset with you because you intimate that others lack the knowledge you do and therefore can't do things as well as you do. You are not content to tell folks what you do, you hold out to possess superior knowledge. You steadfastly refuse to share these deep dark secrets with others, just allude to them. That is why folks consider you to be full of BS.

Charles, I did that once, publicly, with the 6.5 Swede. It took Joe two months of hard trials to learn where that sweet spot occurs. All of you fell on your collective faces with it. I gave instructions.... they were not followed. Go read the threads and see for yourself, it is all there to see particularly the last part of the instructions that never occured. Those instructions were written that way for a reason, and that is because the method is easy once you learn what is supposed to happen when it used correctly..... without help on specific problems it is extremely difficult to happen on the "sweet spot" to get results. Even Larry wrote a long procedure out of what he did in a thread about testing what I did saying he followed the directions. Go read both threads and you will see he used the buffer in exactly the way I said it would not work...... (it is very obvious).....and it didn't work (little wonder at that). One on one you can help someone thru things (that should be obvious to you since your a counselor), but most all people can not get difficult concepts by themselves reading basic instructions. The human race goes to school to learn things they don't know, either with individuals and institutions. You have seemed to have taken a great dislike at the way I try to teach. While it doesn't fit your game plan, I try to encourage people to learn more and try to teach the way I know it works. Who are you to tell anyone else how to do things.

On another point Charles, I have shared those "deep dark secrets" as you put it.... with other like minded individuals. Those would be the people who have asked with a determination to go the whole way without quitting. I ask them if they are in for the long run before they start. If they agree the work is started. I do not cater to those who take someone else's ideas and make them their own. Quite a few people on this forum, other forums and those that will not converse with people on these forums (due to their words "there be Trolls there") have learned those procedures very well. The fact is I have taught those folks what they wanted to know, except for the trolls who asked.

45 2.1
05-30-2013, 01:56 PM
I only wear one glove when casting :o

Me too.... a cotton one which are getting a lot harder to find...... polyester melts.

Ajax
05-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I believe this has run it's course and has degraded to petty jabbing at each other. I am closing it.

Andy