PDA

View Full Version : A note of gratitude ....

Digger
05-27-2013, 03:20 PM
As many others have stated , thank you to all that are serving , have done so and most of all , to those that gave their all ... so that we may have the freedoms we have today.

Have had very little time these days and went out to the range and was in the process of putting a few loads thru my garand , while there I noticed a background noise .... rumble , thought I recognized it , laid the rifle down and stepped out from under the awning and looked up ..
Yes , I thought so ... it was the noise of a beautiful big rotary engine , an AT-6 flying over ..
for that single solitary moment I stood there in deep thought .. on this day of remembrance , I glanced at the garand on the bench and the AT-6 world war 2 trainer over head .
Once again , thank you to all in uniform , past , present and future ....

x101airborne
05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
In one sense, I feel that you should have had a response to this before now. But on the other hand, we do it for ourselves as much as we do it for everyone else.
Thank you for being appreciative. We should all find a Vet and shake their hand.
I'll be danged if Russians have this kind of luxury.

koehn,jim
05-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Just got in, hope all the Vets know what a debt is owed them.

OeldeWolf
05-28-2013, 12:17 AM
the vets I know, I thank in person.

to all the others, living and not, I have to say "Thank You All," in forums such as this.

dtknowles
05-28-2013, 12:33 AM
+1

Tim

Valley Forge
05-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Thank you Veterans, for your Service.

dragonrider
05-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks to all the vets, also my brothers who are still around and my uncles who are not.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank You Veterans.

Last night I rented the movie "Memorial Day"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1694118/
The actor who played the grandfather "Opa" (James Cromwell) looks so much like Larry, an older friend of mine, from my youth. Larry would tell me stories about the Navy, his military training, and his service. Those stories, much like in this movie...well...I dang near cried through the whole movie.

My Dad, a WWII Veteran, never talks about it.

Again...Thank You Veterans,
Jon

EMC45
05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you for thanking me. I consider it an honor to have served my country (Navy 96-01, AF 05-11). There was fussing cussing and griping during my time, but it is all reflected upon with gratitude to have done it. Thanks to all the Vets, those that serve and those that never came home.

shooter93
05-28-2013, 06:18 PM
You know...for me the day has always been hard to describe, although I'm not sure that's the right word. It's a very moving day to me and I always thank vets. Almost any day someone is Uniform in the local convince store I stop at every day for coffee...well....their money is no good there that day....coffee is on me. It was over 20 years after I got out before I ever heard a thank you and believe it or not it came from a young woman who wasn't even born yet during the Vietnam era, and I told her she was the first ever for some reason. I knew a number of people who were on the other side of that issue and none were dinks or idiots but very passionate about their belifs against the war. I respected that. Truthfully....it was nice to hear the thank you, damned near made me cry after all those years.....but by the same token all I could answer her with was.....no thanks necessary.....it was nothing special....I just did what me country asked of me. I've always believed in the draft and that it's everyone's duty if picked to serve. I suppose I'll always have mixed feelings over the day....but I've never forgotten that first....thank you and I'll always thank those who served.

shredder
05-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Thank you from your neighbor to the North. We are all in this together.