PDA

View Full Version : Reloaders Refrence

sparkz
05-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi all,
I once found on this site a "Re-loaders Reference" But damn if i can find it again,,
I installed it and could not get it to run correctly and others praised it but I removed it,
anyways I wanted to tey to install it again and get it to work

Can somebody give a hint as to where its at ?
and any tips to install it so it runs on Win 7

Thanks for any help

Patrick

lylejb
05-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Wiljen is the author

from his sig line:

Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

khmer6
05-26-2013, 01:01 AM
I have it. Runs great on win7 x64. What issues are you having? It's essentially a well written Microsoft access database,

sparkz
05-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I seem to be missing some database,, Like Can not find C:Test1/Coredata/Mdb ,,, I made a Folder in the "C" Drive titled Test1 so I have C:Test1 folder, but I need to find, or install a database named???? I wanted to view others work and add my Recipes as i find them and I know some are Just dont know what I am not doing I installed it and uninstalled it a few times (Again) with the MS Access and w/o just to rule it out,,

Ok so whats the secrete to install,,

Please Advise
Patrick

sparkz
05-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Ok Fixed it,, I copyed files from the install file to a file made in C and started right up,, But dont know why it didnt point to it on install? anyways I seem to have it

Looking now

Patrick

WILCO
05-26-2013, 03:47 PM
and any tips to install it so it runs on Win 7

Thanks for any help

Patrick

Posted by Wiljen — 2010-09-26 both problems I've seen listed are easily cured by reading the read me files for vista or windows 7

sparkz
05-27-2013, 03:16 PM
This Pgm, Is "Slicker then Snot on a Door Knob" this has to be the Handiest thing I have found to Date for loading, and I had entered a few we load from the Lyman #3 and #4 cast books,, This is so kewl,, I love this, do you guys have a bunch of stuff entered in to your data bases? How would I / We go about swaping data bases to show a cumulative work?
anyone ?

TIA
if you have not played with this you really should try it IMO

Patrick

Taylor
05-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I can't make it work either.

khmer6
05-27-2013, 04:32 PM
You can merge the db files. I have my inventory entered and favorite loads. Along with serial numbers and pictures of my firearms. Modifications, trigger weight.

khmer6
05-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Taylor, where are you getting stuck at?

sparkz
05-27-2013, 04:55 PM
You can merge the db files. I have my inventory entered and favorite loads.
Hey would you care to shear your loads?
I am so new I have really nothing yet other then a Lyman load for x700 for 30-30 added
we have yet to fill in the other stuff

Let me know

Patrick

sparkz
05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I can't make it work either.
read up and I had to make a folder and name it Test1 and then move the install to my new folder and it lit right up

the folder has to be on the C: drive named Test1

and as I say copyed the install to that folder

Patrick

khmer6
05-27-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't really have much load data entered into it. I have different sources and spreadsheets that need to be consolidated this summer. I also found quick load cd..... So I gotta play with that as well. There is also an online database as well, look up hand loads. Remember a lot of these sources even if from manufacturer might be different because they have reduced the loads over the years. I have noticed this with alliant powder

300winmag
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
I have been trying to find the targets, I click targets it shows that I have to download from the site. Cannot find that download, or the download for the firearms manuals.

SciFiJim
05-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I have been trying to find the targets, I click targets it shows that I have to download from the site. Cannot find that download, or the download for the firearms manuals.

If the program installed, the files should be on your hard drive somewhere. Try running a search for a file called M2.mdb This is one of the manual files and the other manual and target files should be located in the same directory.

I installed the program so long ago that I don't remember the installation process. I don't remember whether it asked where to be installed or not. All of my Reloaders Reference files ,including the target and manual databases are in C:\Program Files\Reloaders Reference\

Having a way to merge load data bases would be great. If someone can figure it out, I would be very interested. My MS Access database proficiency is years old, and like a foreign language, if you don't use it, you lose it. I can sort of follow what is going on in a database, but can't create them anymore.

khmer6
05-28-2013, 01:32 AM
It wouldn't be too hard. I was able to break up the database by tables and forms. All we would need to do is merge the records of each table together. But I believe there is a native tool already in access that will just merge the whole db and sort the tables out and all.

Taylor
05-28-2013, 08:17 PM
It downloads,but won't open.

300winmag
05-28-2013, 10:35 PM
I uninstalled and re-installed and did the search and no targets or manuals. Everything else works fine.
Thanks, I will keep picking at it.

khmer6
05-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Taylor. Do you have MS access? Usually bundled with Microsoft Office suit. Are you on a pc or Mac?

khmer6
05-28-2013, 11:09 PM
300winmag. I'll check my install when I get a chance and see exactly where it is pointing to. But I believe is he correct, there was another db file. I could send it to you if that is the case

300winmag
05-29-2013, 03:03 PM
300winmag. I'll check my install when I get a chance and see exactly where it is pointing to. But I believe is he correct, there was another db file. I could send it to you if that is the case
That would be great, thanks. I have windows XP, and office 7.

Taylor
05-29-2013, 08:11 PM
No microsoft access I checked that box on download.

khmer6
06-03-2013, 01:11 AM
300 mag. When I click on the manuals or targets it gives me a link to go download it. I can't seem to find anything on the link aside from the original data base? Anyone else might have a copy of the add on?

khmer6
06-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Taylor
Did the install finish and create a shortcut to the mdb file?

300winmag
06-04-2013, 11:57 AM
300 mag. When I click on the manuals or targets it gives me a link to go download it. I can't seem to find anything on the link aside from the original data base? Anyone else might have a copy of the add on?
That is what happens too when I try to open them.
I thought it was just me, But maybe not.
Thanks

Taylor
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I gave up